It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first visit to a meduim.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
My family have never done anything like this before, but after loosing a close family relative in 2006 it has shocked us all, and changed our lives forever.
A few members of my family have already been to a medium with varying degrees of success.

My dad had a strong sitting, with him saying he definitely felt his brother came through, also with a message that his son, me, should definitely see a medium, her or any medium, which i found strange.
This particular one has been recommended to me and i have made the appointment for this Monday, so mixed feelings as never done this before.

Here's the link to where im going, its seems a pretty well known organisation, calling itself The Spiritualist Association of Great Britain (SAGB).

The Spiritualist Association of Great Britain (SAGB) was established in 1872 and was formally known as the Marylebone Spiritualist

The Mediums name im going to see is Terry Tasker, anyone heard of him before?

What experiences have you had with Mediums?
Whats your opinion on this whole subject?

[edit on 18-5-2007 by Denied]

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Its hard to say what is genuine and what isnt. While i have experienced many things with many different mediums it is hard to tell where one is real and the other isn't.Much of this depends on the individual and the medium they are connecting with.

Within my world many different things are attainable,but I am very sceptical of others abilities and how they pertain to me.Anyone has the ability to connect with energies and auras of others,this is a very low form of a sort of mind reading/energy reading.

For example if someone is having a bad day or is not happy it isnt very hard to tell what is going on,this is attained through body language(sight)
aswell as how they are acting emotionally through how their feelings are making us feel.This is empathy.

Within the studies of the dead,many practices will follow a place or realm dimension whatever where the dead exsist. For many others this is not true. Some will say there is no dead realm,or that when we die thats it or something. With those who believe in the undead/spirit worlds or whatever,they will believe there is a way to contact them.

I'd say the best way to figure out what is going on is to not "think" anything in any sort of direction(true/not true) but to experience things on an observant and feeling perspective.

At this moment id like to say that in many circles people say that we,being ourselves are the major variable in what we will feel experience and see within our lives.

Saying that people who dont believe in aliens probably wont see one due to the brain not allowing its exsistence within our reality.

This brings me to the point of reality perspective. Are we all just parts of this one world. Or is what we see what we are making?

Its a very hard call to make on what is there,what is out there and what isnt,I say make up your own mind and do not be swayed by others opinions specially those claiming to have special abilities.

If you would like me to add to this or just explain a few of the things i said let me know in this thread and i will be happy to help...

Tor.

[edit on 25-5-2007 by toraylin]

[edit on 25-5-2007 by toraylin]

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Might be worth your time to read the definition of 'Cold Reading'.

en.wikipedia.org...

Cold reading is a technique used to convince another person that the reader knows much more about a subject than they actually do. Even without prior knowledge of a person, a practiced cold reader can still quickly obtain a great deal of information about the subject by carefully analyzing the person's body language, clothing or fashion, hairstyle, gender, sexual orientation, religion, race or ethnicity, level of education, manner of speech, place of origin, etc. This technique is also called profiling. Cold readers commonly employ high probability guesses about the subject, quickly picking up on signals from their subjects as to whether their guesses are in the right direction or not, and then emphasizing and reinforcing any chance connections the subjects acknowledge while quickly moving on from missed guesses.

It irks me how these charlatans prey on people at their most vulnerable.

[edit on 25-5-2007 by Badge01]

posted on May, 25 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01

It irks me how these charlatans prey on people at their most vulnerable.

[edit on 25-5-2007 by Badge01]

Yes, that's probably the strongest feeling in me.
The medium might even be sincere in their intentions, but should not mess with vulnerable minds.

I went beginning of this week, and felt it was a poor reading, my friend went to see the same medium with out the medium knowing, and said very similar things for both of us....

Most of it was vague and didn't convince me very well, apart from a few things he did say with were right on the mark, maybe he just got lucky.

I tried to initially stay away from back street "mediums" so to speak, and went to the main one in the UK, SAGB, Spiritualist Association of Great Britain.

So i am still undecided.
I would love to hear other peoples experiences with this type of thing, or maybe you are a medium and would like to add to this discussion.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
So i am still undecided.
I would love to hear other peoples experiences with this type of thing, or maybe you are a medium and would like to add to this discussion.

I am a spiritual medium and would be happy to add to this discussion.

Not all of them are fakes.

You have to judge them by their fruits.

The whole perception of "cold reading" is not clearly understood. One would would have to be a moron not to be able to tell the difference between someone who is attempting to deceive with a "cold reading" versus someone who is relaying information and insight that could not possibly be obtained except through extrasensory means.

Moreover, mediums and channelers are likened to "human telephones." Sometimes, through no fault of their own, they get a "bad call." Gifts of the Spirit cannot be turned on and off like a light switch. At any given juncture, there are many forces at work in the Spirit - good, bad, and indifferent, around a medium.

I remember visiting a young medium many years ago named John Oliver, who channeled "Jerome." The reading did not go well. The energies of insight were simply not in place that day in Richmond. He is now on a television show whereby he is one of three in a paranormal investigation team.

Then there was a short ten to fifteen minute reading that I received in Virginia Beach years later. The man wasn't a medium in the sense of them talking through him, but he did channel a Group Entity that performed telekinetic manifestations at his house. I don't recall his name. The initial reading from him was fabulous
He hit the nail on the head with a number of points, one right after the other, without me giving him any hints or clues whatsoever.

The best thing to do is to visit many mediums and psychics. Learn to feel the energies around them. The well-known or "official" mediums are no more accurate than the ones who are not as affluent. You want sincerity and centeredness in your guides, and you want to avoid most "celebrity psychics."

Sylvia Browne for example, who became rich from being a television psychic and author, has predicted a number of things that did not pan out - like Al Gore becoming (and staying) a US president.

Don't contribute to the snobbery of many of those who have become rich from being a psychic or medium by going only to them for higher awareness
You are cutting yourself short if you do. If you have an important question about a decision you need to make, visit several people. For example, see a Tarot reader, a full-trance medium that has spirits talk through him/her, a spiritual medium who relays messages but who does not have spirits temporarily take over his/her body (as is my case), etc.

Also, learn meditation. Sincerely pray for the answer to a question (Radiant prayers are the best) and allot time each day for meditation in order to be receptive to getting an answer.

Prayer is talking to God and meditation is listening to God.

Learn to do both.

Suppose you get a reading from someone that seems to fit but not completely. You have a problem. Meditation and prayer can help you discriminate between the hogwash and the truth.

As the years unfolded and my own ability to channel Spirit improved, I found that after I had a reading done (which I paid for), that the spirits would add to it and communicate with me directly even after I left the medium, psychic, etc.

More personal experience...

Many years ago in my late teens I befriended a much older woman who did a form of automatic writing. In the course of our friendship she would channel answers to my spiritual inquiries. One of those was about former lifetimes.

"The Helping Hand" through her stated that I had a lifetime of "a highly priestly nature" in the Middle Ages. They went on to state that I lived at St. Michaels monestary in Great Britain - as a Catholic monk - and liked to paint the beautiful pictures of the Bible.

This reading was done around the time-frame of 1979-1980.

Some of it rang true. Some of it did not.

In the latter category, the part about me painting didn't make sense. Anyone who knows me also knows that I have very little ability to draw or paint.

But the "highly priestly nature" felt right.

Fast forward to around 1985-1986.

I met and befriended a doctor of anthropology and channeler named Brad who I met at a Seth discussion group in Northern Virginia. In the basement of my parent's house, Brad spontaneously channeled that I had a life as an "Albigensian nun."

The proverbial gong went off inside of me

Years later I did my senior thesis for my undergraduate degree in history on the Albigensian Crusade.

Oh yeah, I had a lifetime of a highly priestly nature in the Middle Ages all right. But I was not Catholic, I was not male, and I did not paint or draw.

The woman that did automatic writing was Catholic and the spirits she channeled, at least some of them, were representative of a religion that was opposed to the "Albigensians" (the term the Vatican used for the "heretics" because many of them were in the town of Albi). A more accurate word for them was Cathari (from the Greek word, katharos, or pure ones) or simply Cathars.

The source of the information is very important to consider. Open channeling leads to an abundance of false information. Discrimination of the Dominant Aura Colors is therefore vital for accuracy. For more on this, see my comments in this thread.

So you have to take a little here and a little there, and slowly put it all together in order to get a clear understanding of what you are, what you were, and where you are going.

[edit on 30-5-2007 by Paul_Richard]

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Posted by Paul_Richard.

That's an interesting way to look at it.
Being that you are a medium, do you go by the spiritual idea that ive heard many spiritualist's say, that when we pass, only you (myself) will judge yourself?

Not God?

A more accurate word for them was Cathari (from the Greek word, katharos, or pure ones) or simply Cathars.

I have recently been reading about this.

Catharism;

The dualist theology held that the physical world was evil and created by Satan, who was taken to be identical with the God of the Old Testament; and that men underwent a series of reincarnations before reaching the pure realm of spirit, the presence of the God of Love described in the New Testament and his messenger Jesus. The Roman Catholic Church regarded the sect as heretical; faced with the rapid spread of the movement across the Languedoc and the failure of peaceful attempts at conversion, the Church launched the Albigensian Crusade and suppressed the Cathars with the help of nobility from northern France.

It would explain why so many bad things happen in this world, maybe this is hell on earth?

Nice post Paul_Richard.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard

That's an interesting way to look at it.
Being that you are a medium, do you go by the spiritual idea that ive heard many spiritualist's say, that when we pass, only you (myself) will judge yourself?

Not God?

My many years of research and experience has taught and confirmed to me that there is no Judeo-Christian god or any other god at present. That which most conceive of as "God" are only Group Entities or communities of people who combine their energies in the Mid Realms of Spirit (where the religious heavens are located) and use their yellow energies to impersonate deities. (There are also GE's on the high end of the Lower Realms as well.) Which is why there are so many gods and so many religions and why none of the prophets from any one of them are significantly more Gifted or powerful than any other prophet.

There may not be a Judeo-Christian god or an Ascended Master at present in the Spirit, but there is a Higher Power which many refer to as The Light.

The Light Of The God Force is nonliving, infinite, and governed by Universal Law that cannot be changed one iota. Without The Light, there can be no reality: no stars, planets, souls, discarnate dimensions, or even an Original Creator to manifest a Universe billions of years ago.

We judge ourselves in The Light but The Light also judges us too

The more spiritually advanced the soul, determined by one's ability to love genuinely and deeply, and by one's application of The Golden Rule, the greater the ability can ascend into The Light after death.

That is how cosmic justice is manifested for all: by the ability or inability to ascend into The Light and reside in a spiritual place.

The higher the dimension in The Light, the more powerful it is, the brighter it is, and the more powerful the plane of energy. When you can ascend after death to a dimension in The Light whereby you have the level of energy to be able to create matter through projected thought (on an individual basis, i.e., not part of a Group Entity), then you have officially evolved into a level of God Realization.

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
A more accurate word for them was Cathari (from the Greek word, katharos, or pure ones) or simply Cathars.

I have recently been reading about this.

Catharism;

The dualist theology held that the physical world was evil and created by Satan, who was taken to be identical with the God of the Old Testament; and that men underwent a series of reincarnations before reaching the pure realm of spirit, the presence of the God of Love described in the New Testament and his messenger Jesus. The Roman Catholic Church regarded the sect as heretical; faced with the rapid spread of the movement across the Languedoc and the failure of peaceful attempts at conversion, the Church launched the Albigensian Crusade and suppressed the Cathars with the help of nobility from northern France.

That is a fairly good assessment. Here is an even better appraisal from the Solist Glossary:

CATHARS/CATHARI: The Cathars were an ascetic religious order of reincarnationists that were predominant in northern Italy and France in the Twelfth and Thirteenth Centuries. They strived to live a life of poverty and selfless service to others. They used medicinal herbs, channeled healing energy, believed Jesus/Issa to be an angel (not the son of God), and interpreted the Bible symbolically rather than literally. The word Cathari comes from the Greek word katharos which means pure or purified. Hence, the Cathari means "the pure ones." The clergy of the Cathari were referred to as parfaits and perfecti (i.e., "the perfect ones"). Women priests held almost as much authority as male priests in the Cathar church.

The Cathari belief of dualism that there is a good God and an evil God that are equally powerful, is an over-emphasized aspect of Catharist doctrine among many historians.

Most Cathars believed that a good God created the Universe but that there are evil forces within it, symbolically represented as an evil God. This idea was much like the current belief among many Christians that the personification of evil is Satan. But like most Christians today, the Cathars did not believe that the personification of evil roamed the world donning horns and a pitchfork. To the Cathari, the ideal purpose of life was to strive to be close to the purified forces of the good God in heaven, which many of them felt was a Universal Principle of Energy (The Light Of The God Force), not a kingly figure that presided in a throne room.

Pope Innocent the Third considered the new church to be a threat to Vatican domination (which technically they were), as Catharism became an alternative religion to Catholicism to many in Europe, with its own well-established clergy and ceremonies.

Some historical scholars profess that the Cathari were an offshoot of the Gnostics and Gnosticism. This conclusion stems from the early Gnostic belief in reincarnation. However, there is a fundamental difference in their respective approach. The Gnostics professed that the path to enlightenment comes from the pursuit of inner knowledge. In contrast, the Cathari believed that the path to enlightenment comes not from knowledge per se, but from selfless service to others, living by The Golden Rule, and the cultivation of spiritual purity so as to be closer to God after one transitions into Spirit.

The Cathari and the region of Languedoc (now the central southern part of France), which was a hotbed for radical philosophical and religious thought, were physically demolished as a result of the Albigensian Crusades (1209-1255). These crusades were initiated by Pope Innocent the Third to destroy the "heretics" that the Vatican referred to as "Albigensians" or "Albigenses" because many of them lived in the town of Albi. Thousands of Catholics and Cathari alike were tortured, raped and/or murdered in these crusades.

The final stronghold of the Cathar movement was the mountaintop retreat of Montségur. The crusaders started the siege of Montségur in May of 1243. They eventually managed to breach the wall with their stone thrower and on March 2, 1244 the Cathar garrison surrendered. Two weeks later, on March 16th, 1244, after gang raping and sodomizing the female parfaits and the brutalizing the male parfaits (atrocities that didn't make it into the history books), a huge brushwood bonfire was constructed outside the fortress; over two hundred Cathari were given a choice: to submit to Vatican rule or commit suicide. Hundreds decided to embrace the flames in what has come to be known as the Field of the Burned.

It has been said that if the large walled town and castle of Carcassonne was never conquered, that it would likely have become the Vatican of the Cathar religion.

My life as a Cathar parfait was a major stepping stone in my development. I learned and relearned a great deal in this life and have progressed to a much higher level since those brutal times in the Thirteenth Century.

It would explain why so many bad things happen in this world, maybe this is hell on earth?

So many bad things happen in the world because people (in the flesh and in the Spirit) have free will to do as they wish and most of them are not on a spiritual path. There is also the factor of entropy to consider, as well as environmental instability, both of which cause bad things to happen. There is no entropy or environmental instability in The Light.

Nice post Paul_Richard.

Thank you. Glad to be of help.

new topics

top topics

join