It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ouija board - what if it goes wrong?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I ask all people that don't believe in the existace of ghosts to remain silent...
A few friend of mine want to try the board. I disreccomended it but they really want to... Is thereany way for me to prevent any bad things from happening? Or Roll back what happened, and to "close the portal". I strongly believe that my mind is strong enough to block out any outside entity, but I doubt they can.
Any thoughts or tips?

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I have read quite a few posts that say don't mess with a Ouija Board. I have never used one and because of the people here at ATS I never will. Is it really that important that you have to use it? Honestly I have a hard time believing that it can do what people say it can do but if it can then why risk it? Who knows, you may end up using it and then think back to when you inquired here on ATS and say "I should have listened". Either way, good luck.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I have replied on a few who wanted or have done ouija ..the best answer is don't let there be a "if something goes wrong" ..i know there are ATS members who have tried it so they would be your best bet.

*Reading you saying that you are more worried that your friends are not strong enough to keep "them/it" out ..they just need an invitation ..maybe like BEK's,but true the entity would most possibly choose the weakest but can choose anyone,i have read on many a medium fail when playing ouija by that they supposed to know the "game" ..it ain't a game,the board is made of wood/plastic but the intentions/outcome could well be or in cases are real..it's the way that you use it*

If you have not done it yet then don't ..easy,who will choose you..that is what you need to know,they lie to feed off your energy thus making it stronger,and if you do some googling most ghost hunters or mediums or spiritualists who have dealt with hauntings/evil spirits & such have noticed the involved people have played ouija ..or they have found a board on premises..i think someone brought that up on ATS & i googled and found it to be true.

The best saying ever in ouija ..You Don't Get To Choose Them ,They Choose You ..

Don't do it imho ,please.
Cheers!

[edit on 5/18/2007 by qonone]

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I believe Ouija boards are all fun and games. I believe in ghosts/spirits, but playing with a board in my eyes nothing can go wrong if you dont believe it can.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
The Insane asylums are full of people that thought the "board" was just a diversion from the boredom of day to day life.

Preparedness, inner strength, faith and belief in a higher power are nothing if you unleash true evil.

But hey, try it, might be fun.

Keep us informed.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I would strongly reccomend not using a Ouija board. Things can go terribly wrong. If your friend energys are weak, and they and just doing it with you for fun, it'l attract maleovelent spirts and or even worse demons, this can lead to the spirts following you or your friends home, or even possession. If you really want to get in contact with the spirit world talk to a medium, dont rely on a DYI solution and use a Ouija board. If you want to know more about how bad these can be, look up Deamonlogists Ed and Lorraine Warren's writings. But if you still choose to use it, be careful and use your inner judgment on if the spirit you have contact is legit or not.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
If you are here asking for advice about the ouija board i would take that as a sign of uncertainty, in which case my advice would be to leave well alone!

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Curiosity and/or entertainment are the most likely reasons why certain individuals are drawn to experiment with this method of contact with forces or spirit entities of dubious origin.
I cannot report from personal experience because I believe there are certain windows in the paranormal spectrum that deserve to be left untapped by inexperienced curiousity fuelled minds.
Many moons ago in my post teenage years a group of my old schoolmates decided to experiment with an ouija board. I declined the offer to participate and left them to pursue their late evening 'entertainment'.
The following day we all met up again and I inquired how they all got on with their seance. A stoney silence was kept by all. The guys had just one piece of advice and that was 'Don't go there!'
I never did find out what happened that evening but I do know it changed their perception of the unseen world ( their words exactly).
I cannot answer your question of 'What if it goes wrong?' but my advice would be 'Leave well alone'

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
We seem to have another thread about the potential evils of the Oujia board.
Since it was opened earlier, I ask that you post your feedback in the thread below
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join