It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check the 'Tonne' out from the Germans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Does anyone know of an earlier drone with TV (invented by the Germans by the way) ?

Mod Edit: BB Code.

[edit on 18/5/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
any idea of the dimensions?
Im a UAV operator and the disign looks quite similar to the US's desert hawk mini UAV.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Looks like the Henschel Hs 293 anti-shipping glide bomb -

The 293D variant was television guided.

If you want something that looks scarily modern, try this -

Henschel Hs 117 Schmetterling

[edit on 18/5/2007 by RichardPrice]

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
My personal favourite German guided missile was the prototype one that used a pigeon to steer the missile towards a target. Basically, on training, the pigeon got a reward (seed) when it pecked on a ship image that it could see through a piece of glass. The actual missile had a glass window on the front and this window adjusted the control surfaces of the missile and therefore the bird's pecking guided the missile to the ship.
Clever those Germans.
The bird died but the way.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Actually the idea for pigeon guided missiles put forward by US physiologist BF Skinner but it was never actual implemented. However pigeons were used to spot life rafts at sea. The pigeon was trained to peck at an orange dot on a screen to get food. Once trained they were given a little compartment with a window inside a search and rescue aircraft. If the pigeon spotted an orange life raft it pecked the window and the aircrew were alerted.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldBoy
Does anyone know of an earlier drone with TV (invented by the Germans by the way) ?

Mod Edit: BB Code.

[edit on 18/5/2007 by Mirthful Me]

First off, I must say: I'm impressed with someone's coding of their widescreen adaptaption. It throws my wide-screen for a loop.

Second, tethered hot air balloons were often used for long-exposure ranging from field effects to reconnaissance. Inventions are not an exclusive, unless told the way you want it heard, I guess.

[edit on 5/19/2007 by bothered]

[edit on 5/19/2007 by bothered]

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
www.a2zhobbies.com...

Reply to above on edit: Don't trash out my posts, please mods. I want challenge again.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
OK, very curious at the moment. Are there trophy photos from this German invention? Yes/No?

I'd like to see one. And ponder to myself, quietly, why in the world not attach a control unit of such to them fabulous V2 rockets. Might have done more than expand the beach.

top topics

join