It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

al-Qaeda real or a myth?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
What is this al-Qaeda? Does such a group even exist?

It's a question nobody seems to want to ask,everyone wants to believe there goverments but..

What if it's all a pack of lies?

How would we know it if they were lying to us?

What if it's the biggest most piece of propaganda ever conceived.

All the bombings around the world blamed on Islamic Terrorists al-Qaeda but what if it is all lies.Blaming it on Bin Laden and al-Qaeda is a easy option,that's what They want us to believe. Are we being too paranoid, or are we not being paranoid enough?

* LINK *

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I think this is highly possible. What a brilliant strategy that would be for the Bush administration: Create an enemy and then use it an excuse to go around the world for their own interests in oil and world domination( see the New American century site!) I am sure that much of the 'war on terror' has been propaghanda for the benefits of the administration and the people invested in Geoarge Bush, but I am not sure if it is all untrue.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
I think this is highly possible. What a brilliant strategy that would be for the Bush administration: Create an enemy and then use it an excuse to go around the world for their own interests in oil and world domination( see the New American century site!) I am sure that much of the 'war on terror' has been propaghanda for the benefits of the administration and the people invested in Geoarge Bush, but I am not sure if it is all untrue.

Did'nt Clinton blame the for Kenyan embassy bombing and many others before that?

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I am pretty sure al-qaeda translates to holy warrior. Anyone who is against the US and for the Islamic extremist cause is al-qaeda.
I do not think their is an organized gang of terrorist who call themselves al-qaeda, but there are webs of terror cells that want to destroy the US and possibly Christianity.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Bush didn't create al-Qaeda neither did Clinton. The defence companies that hijacked our government did like the Carlyle Group.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
I am pretty sure al-qaeda translates to holy warrior. Anyone who is against the US and for the Islamic extremist cause is al-qaeda.

There is a number of theory's where al-Qaeda comes from.

One is the term that was first used by bin Laden's spiritual mentor Abdullah Azzam, who wrote of al Qaeda al Sulbah, meaning the 'solid base', in 1988.

A second is that it derives from a bin Laden-sponsored safehouse in Afghanistan in the 1980s, when he was part of the mujahideen fighting against the Soviet invasion, again referring to a physical 'base' rather than to a distinct organisation.

According to the link i provided in terms of 'al-Qaeda' being used to define a group of operatives around bin Laden....the term originated in the West.

LINK

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
Did'nt Clinton blame the for Kenyan embassy bombing and many others before that?

Yes Al - Queda have been implicated in many terrorist attacks prior to 9/11.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
What is now known as Al Qaeda was CIA trained during the 80s so they can fight of the soviets. In the end, the trainees turned on their masters

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Not only do they exist, but they want to kill you unless you convert to their brand of Islam.

Christianity went through this phase not to long ago (have we really shaken it off?).

I believe that they are real. I also believe that they are probably well connected with certain members of an oil rich family (no not anyone from Texas, think mid east royalty).

Is it that hard to acccept that there are people out there that hate us just because we don't follow the eacat same methods of worship as they do?

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I think they are real, but not any where near the level at which the Bush administration and American media would have you believe.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I found a website on the history of Al Qa'ida. I believe they exist, only because their organizations birth was before the time of George W. Bush's presidency.

Al-Qaida is a multi-national support group which funds and orchestrates the activities of Islamic militants worldwide. It grew out of the Afghan war against the Soviets, and its core members consist of Afghan war veterans from all over the Muslim world. Al-Qaida was established around 1988 by the Saudi militant Osama bin Ladin. Based in of Afghanistan, bin Ladin uses an extensive international network to maintain a loose connection between Muslim extremists in diverse countries. Working through high-tech means, such as faxes, satellite telephones, and the internet, he is in touch with an unknown number of followers all over the Arab world, as well as in Europe, Asia, the United States and Canada.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I noticed that in the article presented by The Real Deal that this is what is mentioned, and has been openingly stated in this thread:

''The US intelligence community used the term "al-Qaeda" for the first time only after the 1998 embassy bombings....."

It seems apprarent to me that the reason that this term "Al-Qaeda" was coined/used was perhaps due to the information that I ascertained from Attero Auctorita's source:

"Bin Laden's Declaration of War: Febuary 23, 1998"
Link:
www.ict.org.il...

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 4-1-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Al-Ghaedeh is a group formed through anomosity towards US and its partner's to fight for freedom of Muslims. However, This is not the right way to fight! This terrorist group has ties with many extreamist Islamic (mersenary) government. This group is part of the group of holy worriors in Afganistan who fought the Soviets back in the 1980s. These warroiers were trained and helped by CIA operatives to bring down the Soviets' army to their knees. After the fall soviets and battles that made Afghanistan unstable, Bin Lunden (Arab Millioner) used its money and Islamic believes of these warriors to bring them togather and form a group called The Al-Ghaedeh not Al-Kaida. There are some allegations that the Bin Luden has business ties with Powerful American Businessmans and Politicains. Right now, This terrorist group is being supported by one worst and most savage governments in the world. This mercenary government which is has close ties with Hasbalah and Palestanian militants, has supported any Islamic militant group since 1979. This mercenary government looks anti-american but during its existance, it has done serect talks with the top politician of United States. IF NEEDED THE NAMES OF THESE POLITICIAN AND ISLAMIC GOVERNMENT MEMBERS AND THE THE CONTENT OF THEIR TALKS WILL BE AVALIABLE!

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
al-Qaeda is just a media friendly name they can associate any bombing or event too so people don`t have to think to hard. How many time have you heard

"it is believed to be the work of al-Qaeda, or groups associated to them"

Notice btw how the Turkey situation died down pretty quick.? infact it seemed to appear before Bush went to London, boooom! right on the day he was making a speech about Terror! and now its all vanished again? I think thats real power!

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by eRnie
I think thats real power!

indeed.. The media is a powerfull tool. Especially for Bush and his cronies.

[Edited on 4-1-2004 by earthtone]

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by eRnie
a boooom! right on the day he was making a speech about Terror! and now its all vanished again? I think thats real power!

No the bombs went off to stop the people from seeing this on CNN also wacko jacko's arrest on the same day.

www.stopwar.org.uk...

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Yeh, at the point that picture was taken I was round the corner, playing on a bongo drum, round a fire. I was so pissed off when I got home and it was headlines about Jackson's arrest. Grrrr. That cannot have been coincidence(?)

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
al quider(yes i meant to spell it that way...ala hillbilly i'm from arkansas what do you expect) is a joke, i'm so tired of the b.s., the best example i can think of is remember when bush went to the u.k.? at that time the big story was about prince charles ah...how shall i put it, batting for the other team so to speak. and during bush's visit to the u.k. there were the bombings blamed on al quider in turkey against british interest...hmm i have not heard a word about it since then, the prince charles thing, where did that story go?

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I am in no way a supporter of Bush or his "war on terrorism" (which is a war on a broad term that may be used as a method of supressing the freedoms of more than just radical middle-eastern militants). It certainly seems that the media relates all terrorist events to Al Qa'ida. But lets face it, since it was deemed that Al-Qa'ida was the major faction behind the 9/11 attack, it is hardly a baseless assertion that most threats and attempts to attack America are by Al Qa'ida members and cells. I mean come on Al Qa'ida is a organization formed as an "Internation Islamic Front for Jihad Against the Jews and Crusaders." As of the year 2001, 77% the American population is of the Crusader, I mean Christian Faith. So why wouldn't Al Qa-ida want to attack all the "infidels" present in our country?

Like many people I find it hard to trust the media since it is owned by only a very small minority of the richest people in America, but seriously, there has to be some truth in what they say. Of course it is quite possible that the media partakes in propaganda (possibly politically sponsored) by blatently flagging all terrorist events as being performed by Al Qa'ida, we'll never know the truth...

[Edited on 4-1-2004 by Attero Auctorita]

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Al-Qaeda was,and I guess still is,a terrorist group but it has slowly become a generic term for Islamic terrorism.

Slowly it's use is being blurred.In Britain the media still distinguish by saying that a terrorist group is "like Al-Qaeda" but that distinction is being made less and less.

I guess it's easier to mobilise the people against a group with such a well known face as Bin Laden.About a year ago we were discussing here about the similarity between Ossama Bin Laden and Emmanuel Goldstein(the object of the daily "Two minutes hate" in Orwell's 1984)
It makes it easier for the public to focus their anger/hate on a group however diverse if they have a face.Heading all Islamic terrorism under Bin Laden and therefore Al-Qaeda makes the complicated issues simple in the minds of the American people.
Governments don't like people to think too hard when their Children are dying.

Interesting topic TRD.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join