It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why NASA is the only one that can get to mars.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
NASA / America has satellites positioned around mars with rocket launchers or lazers or whatever to destroy any other countries attempt at landing on mars with a rover of any kind.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Link or links please.................

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
its just a theory but think about it the most powerful nation in the world why would they want anyone else exploring it they want first dibs on the planet.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Then pose your hypothesis as just that - not a declaration of fact~

Perhaps the fact that NASA has been doing this sort of thing longer and with fewer errors than anyone else could have something to do with their success...

But alas, this IS a conspiracy theory website - so forgive me when I say...

Bah .. Humbug!

[Edited on 4-1-2004 by intelgurl]

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by digmeout
its just a theory but think about it the most powerful nation in the world why would they want anyone else exploring it they want first dibs on the planet.

With all respect for your belief that the US can make anything happen: that are just some weired thoughts.

Satellites aren't invisible at all and you can't launch them and position them into space like you travel from a to b so it ain't possible at all that this is the place right now.

That the exploration of space may become a future problem for economies and politics is very possible but it is no topic at the moment.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
NASA has a lot better scientists, who have a lot more experience.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I would apreciate some links, digmeout, or facts about what you said :/

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by digmeout
NASA / America has satellites positioned around mars with rocket launchers or lazers or whatever to destroy any other countries attempt at landing on mars with a rover of any kind.

digmeout: Another Candidate for Crack Rehabilitation.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Just so you know, digmeout, NASA is not the only organization to send probes to Mars safely.
The last russian "rover" to set down landed successfully, but transmissions failed after 20 seconds, proving it set down safely and was not "shot down".

On a lighter note, how some of you people manage to stay so calm and patient in the face if immeasurable stupidity like this is beyond me.
I suppose stupid people just irk me beyond belief.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
To verify this,
Build your own Launcher (It will take you so long, that you never finished it in your life) Also the jail could be really long, Because most of the parts are on the Import Control List and they are not sell to Civilians.

After you have your launcher and your exploration Robot, try to pass the World wide Surveillance Radar Network.

And if you land on Mars... Your theory is completly false!

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I don't believe NASA has landed on MARS. I believe its a hoax. Juts like the moon. In order to fund secret programs.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
i don't believe akummma. i believe hes just a hoax. just like digmeout. in order to piss off rational ats members.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
wow..........ur a dumbass

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek

It also has a LOT more funding. The recent British attempt failed because it was funded on a shoestring with no Government interest. You just cannot run a viable space program in such a manner and expect to be succesful.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I was gonna build one myself, but the lack of funding thing shut me right down. I do not think it is the US shooting down, these Mars probes. It is NANCY LIEDER!!
Sex slave to the Zeta Reticulans.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 04:33 AM
link   
With the U.S. government in possession of a crashed alien spacecraft since at least 1947, I'm sure NASA has some really nice technology that they sent up to knock out competing Mars probes. Most likely to remove any chance of something they don't want the public to see leaking out.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 04:35 AM
link   
sorry guys it was me that shot it down.... didn't mean too it just sort of happened...... I blame David Blaine

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek

No. NASA has a lot more money. That's the main difference.
And by the way - The Russians were the first to land on Mars way back in 1971. They made a succesful soft landing with Mars 3 but the lander was destroyed soon after in a raging storm.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by akummma
I don't believe NASA has landed on MARS. I believe its a hoax. Juts like the moon. In order to fund secret programs.

No, I assure you NASA�s funding isn�t going to secret projects. Not based on my paycheck or that of my coworkers there. They probably barely had any money left for Spirit.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 04:48 AM
link   
or did they just say it was a storm...... if there was intelligent life out there and they see us as less intelligent than they are and not ready for space exploration they would simply destroy the probes and landers and we are that far away we would think it was a technical problem or a storm....

what if whoever or whatever is out there does not want us to explore space because we are too much or a dangerous race...?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join