It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intro and Questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Hello! I've made a few posts already but decided to make a formal introduction along with a few questions.

I've always been very interested in conspiracy theories. I suppose it started with my preoccupation with UFOs at a very young age. By 6th grade I was told I could not do any more research papers, book reports etc on UFO's. Apparently I had already played out that subject and people were getting spooked.
I have no idea where that fascination first started. But the entire subject has been near and dear and plays prominently in my dreams (lucid and otherwise).

I've also had a huge interest in religions. All religions. I still would love to study world religions formally. The impact that religion has played in our world and its history is awesome...and scary. Personally, I've run the gamut of spiritual searching and continue on that quest. The politics of religion is, again, extremely interesting to me also.

While politics has not always been a huge draw to me, I find as I age and become more aware of the world and everyone in it, politics and the constant game playing there in are of much interest.

Ooh, I also have many Masons in my family. From the distant past up until the present. I find those discussions interesting. Although having been dragged to many Masonic events as a child, I find the thought of them being any more than goofy really hard. But then again, maybe thats the idea eh?

In the grand scheme of things, I am an eternal optimist. I've wondered on many occasions if one can truly be a conspiracy theorist and an eternal optimist. What say you fine people? Its seems the very nature of a conspiracy theory is tainted with "darkness" and a vast amount of pessimism. I understand that they are about education and the uncovering of information. But am I correct in thinking that the deeper one delves into the world of conspiracies, possibly the less of an optimist one can be for the future of the world. And for the very nature of humankind?? I don't know this to be true, I'm putting this out as a question. It seems almost natural though that this would be a given.

I'm sure if I'm way off on this that you won't have a problem letting me know.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to hanging around for a while.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
WELCOME!

I am an eternal optimist as well. I don't think that is in conflict with the search for truth in the "conspiracy theory realm" at all... I think it makes us more skeptical than some of the others who are of the doom and gloom persuasion is all.

Skepticism is GOOD thing, IMHO, when slogging through the deep muck that makes up the world's conspiracies...

I find the biggest conspiracies are in the organized religions and political fields. The rest of them simply don't have enough physical evidence for me to take in.

My M.O. is to always follow the money. Money, power or the ultimate, CONTROL is usually the motivator behind a group doing things "in the back room" out of the revealing light of day as it were...

Random thoughts...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Thanks for the welcome Springer! I like your approach/MO to the world of conspiracies.

new topics

join