It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is this helicopter flying?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I stumbled across this video and its left me completly baffled, can someone care to explain how this heli is flying? jet propulsion? mini rotar blades on the side? seems impossible to me..

thatvideosite.com...

Iv done a search on ats and couldnt find any posts regarding this vid.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
On the audio you can hear the rotors it has a classic helicopter sound. I would say that the video has been edited to make it appear the rotors are not moving or its a model of some sort.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
There's another thread in the Aircraft Projects forum that explains the optical illusion due to the camera's frame rate being "in time" with the rotation of the blades.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hope this helps.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Not sure myself - Downward draft ?
I have seen a helicopter turn its engine off in mid flight and managed to land with the downdraft but i'm sure the blades kept rotating due to the air pressure being applied.

I'm stumped but i'm sure some will know.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
As 12m8keall2c said, it's the frame rate of the camera being close to the rotor speed of the blades. That's why every helicopter video you see will appear like this, and the tail rotor will appear to be barely spinning.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Yeah its just a trick of the frame rates the camera uses. Filmed lots of helicopters on tour for happy snappies and most of them came out like this.
Besides if the main rotor stopped and the tail rotor was carrying it would jsut spin out of control.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
As previously mentioned...

There is an ongoing discussion here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

top topics

join