It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mormon Temple Ceremony is this real or fiction?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Uhhh. Well... I was raised Mormon and eventually came to the conclusion that Mormonism was a sham. After my bitterness wore off, I eventually came to realize that it wasn't a sham so much as a different interpretation of the same old basis of every religion on the planet... and it's most definitely not a complete version of the original source. No complete version exists on this planet, and I certainly don't expect to run unto a complete version in this life. Perhaps sometime in the afterlife I will, but for the time being I remain Catholic with Buddhist leanings. I'm glad to see that there are open-minded Mormons on this forum though. Mostly I run across pretty closed-minded people (Mormons, Catholics, Protestants, and more included) in my daily life. If only more people would wake up and smell the alfalfa.

By the way, I don't condemn or hate Mormonism these days. It's a part of my heritage and I'm proud of that. I just happen to have a different way of looking and religious and spiritual aspects of life than what is taught in the temple, church, etc. That doesn't mean that they're necessarily teaching a nefarious or incorrect doctrine. It simply means that we have a different outlook on the same subjects, and if we spent enough time talking about all of this, I think we'd eventually see eye to eye and realize we were both trying to make the same point in different ways. It's the imperfections of human expression that cause such problems in communication.

<< 4  5  6   >>

join