It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lincoln/kennedy = coincidence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
History mystery:

i got sent this by email and i couldnt find it here in my search so i was wondering if anyone else finds some coincidence or irony in all this or is it a classic case of "not letting the truth get in the way of a good yarn" ?

Have a history teacher explain this----- if they can.

Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846.
John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.

Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860.
John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.

Both were particularly concerned with civil rights.
Both wives lost their children while living in the White House.

Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.
Both Presidents were shot in the head .

Now it gets really weird.

Lincoln 's secretary was named Kennedy.
Kennedy's Secretary was named Lincoln.

Both were assassinated by Southerners.
Both were succeeded by Southerners named Johnson.

Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808.
Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908.

John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Lincoln, was born in 1839.
Lee Harvey Oswald, who assassinated Kennedy, was born in 1939.

Both assassins were known by their three names.
Both names are composed of fifteen letters.

Now hang on to your seat.

Lincoln was shot at the theater named 'Ford.'
Kennedy was shot in a car called ' Lincoln' made by 'Ford.'

Lincoln was shot in a theater and his assassin ran and hid in a warehouse.
Kennedy was shot from a warehouse and his assassin ran and hid in a theater.

Booth and Oswald were assassinated before their trials.

And here's the kicker...

A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in Monroe, Maryland
A week before Kennedy was shot, he was in Marylin Monroe.

creepy huh?

[edit on 18/5/07 by Obliv_au]

[edit on 18/5/07 by Obliv_au]

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
That is weird but I found this :

John Wilkes Booth, Assassin / Actor

Born: 10 May 1838
Birthplace: Bel Air, Maryland
Died: 26 April 1865 (shot to death)

So that 1839/1939 one is no good

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
This one makes the rounds every so often. It's been thoroughly debunked repeatedly, but it still makes the rounds. It's kinda fun to read, but unfortunately not true.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
awesome, thanks for debunking one part of it, thats what i was hoping for (either confirmation or debunking)

ive done a little research but obviously nowhere near enough, i thought there was a few too many coincidences in there for it all to be true.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Here you go. This was a pretty interesting page.

www.kilty.com...

One of them that was pointed out was that Lincoln was actually SHOT on Thursday, and DIED on Friday. Kennedy was shot and killed on Friday.

Another was that Marilyn Monroe died a year or so before Kennedy was killed.

[edit on 5/18/2007 by Zaphod58]

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   
thank you so very much kind sir! thats exactly the sort of info i was hoping for.
i knew at least half of it had to be bs (seems there was more than half)

theres still a couple of uncanny coincidences (eg 100yr thing) but nothing id classify as huge.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
There are over 200 "coincidences" between Abe and JFK - not including the photographic evidence.

Here are a few unique "coincidences" from my website:

Lincoln had a son who married MARY EUNICE Harlan.
Kennedy had a sister named EUNICE MARY Kennedy.

Lincoln's SON (Tad) was buried on JULY 16, 1871.
Mary Todd Lincoln also died on JULY 16 but in the year 1882.
Kennedy's SON (John Jr.) was lost at sea on JULY 16, 1999.

Lincoln had a FRIEND and ADVISOR named WILLIAM GRAHAM, an Illinois schoolteacher.
Kennedy had a FRIEND and ADVISOR named WILLIAM "Billy" GRAHAM, the evangelist. Billy Graham told newsmen of a strong PREMONITION that Kennedy not go to Dallas. Graham attempted to contact Kennedy by phone before he left for Dallas but couldn't reach him.

New York Police Superintendent, JOHN A. KENNEDY, played a role in LINCOLN's protection during his 1861 inaugural train trip and also in the investigation immediately following LINCOLN's assassination.
KENNEDY had a secretary was named Evelyn LINCOLN whose husband was named "ABE" LINCOLN.

Lincoln had two sons named EDWARD and ROBERT. EDWARD DIED and ROBERT LIVED on.
Kennedy had two brothers named EDWARD and ROBERT. ROBERT DIED and EDWARD LIVED on.

Vice President Andrew JOHNSON was BORN IN ‘08 not far from JOHNSON CITY, Tennessee, into a POOR FAMILY.
Vice President Lyndon JOHNSON was BORN IN ‘08 not far from JOHNSON CITY, Texas, into a POOR FAMILY.

Andrew Johnson was an OFFICER (Brigadier General) in the Civil WAR and a SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT who served in the HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES in '47 and was a FORMER SENATOR in his MID-FIFTIES and was OLDER than the President.
Lyndon Johnson was an OFFICER (Naval Commander) in World WAR II and a SOUTHERN DEMOCRAT who served in the HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES in '47 and was a FORMER SENATOR in his MID-FIFTIES and was OLDER than the President.

Lincoln established the '61 Civil War headquarters of his General-in-Chief George McClellan to be a house called HICKORY HILL in MCLEAN, VIRGINIA.
Kennedy bought the house called HICKORY HILL in MCLEAN, VIRGINIA, which was the '61 Civil War headquarters of Lincoln's General-in-Chief George McClellan.

On the day of the assassination, Lincoln was wearing clothes from BROOK BROTHERS.
On the day of the assassination, the Kennedy was wearing clothes from BROOK BROTHERS.

John Wilkes Booth was BORN IN '38. He stood 5 FEET, 8 INCHES tall. He was an excellent SWORDSMAN and is one of the most NOTORIOUS ASSASSINS in recorded history.
Lee Harvey Oswald was BORN IN '39. He stood 5 FEET, 8 INCHES tall. He was an excellent SHARPSHOOTER and is one of the most NOTORIOUS ASSASSINS in recorded history.

Booth had brother named Junius who was known to the family as JUNE.
Oswald had a daughter named JUNE.

Booth's MOTHER thought John Wilkes was a SPY for the Confederacy.
Oswald's MOTHER thought Lee Harvey was a SPY for the U.S. military.
Both assassins seemed to have been involved in MILITARY INTELLIGENCE work.

Booth's FATHER was named after a FAMOUS TRAITOR (Brutus of Julius Caesar's fame).
Oswald's FATHER was named after a FAMOUS TRAITOR (Confederate General Robert E. Lee).

In October of '64, Booth was OUT OF THE COUNTRY in Montreal, Canada, visiting with CONFEDERATE SPY OPERATIVES.
In October of '63, Oswald was OUT OF THE COUNTRY in Mexico City, Mexico, visiting with COMMUNIST EMBASSY OFFICIALS (Russian and Cuban).

Booth was often USED THE ALIAS - "J. Wilkes".
Oswald often USED THE ALIAS - "Alek J. Hidell".

Booth stayed in NEW ORLEANS visiting an UNCLE shortly BEFORE the assassination.
Oswald stayed in NEW ORLEANS visiting an UNCLE shortly BEFORE the assassination.

Booth committed his crime AT HIS PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT - Ford's Theater.
Oswald committed his crime while AT HIS PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT - the Texas School-Book Depository.

Hundreds more Abe/JFK "coincidences" here:
www.near-death.com...

new topics

top topics

join