It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senators want to make CIA release 9/11 report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore along with others (Yes even a Republican) are heading the fight to get the CIA reports de-classified. Not sure what effect if any this will have on the Truth Movement, but it would appear that hopefully we will get to know a little more about what the CIA did know prior to 911.

“It’s amazing the efforts the administration is going to stonewall this,” Wyden said. “The American people have a right to know what the Central Intelligence Agency was doing in those critical months before 9/11.... I am going to bulldog this until the public gets it.”

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CameronFox
“It’s amazing the efforts the administration is going to stonewall this,” Wyden said.

I'd say that's enough proof right there for all the people who deny some sort of cover-up. Wonder why they are stonewalling?

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I agree there was some type of a cover up.... the question is... WHAT was the cover up. What will the CIA report show? If it showed the current administration was involved...I doubt it will ever see the light of day. IMO, it will show that our government did not take the threats serioulsy and got caught with our pants down. Sorry, i know many wont agree with me... my conspiracy theory isn't all that sexy.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   

IMO, it will show that our government did not take the threats serioulsy and got caught with our pants down. Sorry, i know many wont agree with me... my conspiracy theory isn't all that sexy.

LOL! CF, I don't know if you meant that as a play on words, but the picture of all those old farts with their pants down is definitely repulsive!

You'll get nothing out of the CIA, expect perhaps some sort of redacted (censored) exec summary, sometime after the election, of their (in-)actions.

Tenet claims he ran around Washington with his hair on fire since that summer--well, excuse me, but if the D-CIA can't get the gov't to take some sort of notice and action on a major terrorist threat, than who can?

Ok, I know one person--Babs.

And as for his story, either he was not part of the cabal or was doing some major CYA alibi-building for posterity.

Either way, this is way too little, way too late. Good for Widen though, it's minor pressure, but pressure nonetheless. Indicates there is dissension in the ranks; with Ron Paul taking off, seems truth/accountability is making some headway.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
These Congressmen are seriously naive. They don't even know what CIA officials do or don't have, and CIA officials know this. That's the whole point of requesting information.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
You're correct... i didn't think of it that way. OH well... we can dream.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
We also should be able to see the FBI and NTSB crime scene reports. Not to mention the 40,000 photos the FBI took and the ones confiscated from the military media at the Pentagon.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   
They are all equally retarded. Maybe if developing scenarios or whatever was real then maybe someone would develope a way to kick the living crap out of terrorism.

but that hasn't happened yet.

but i will cross my fingers, but i have seen alot change in the system in the last 3 years. alot. at this point now it is like do whatever you want we dont care.

but in regards to the cia report on 9/11 who cares. someone or some people stole some planes and crashed them into a building and they fell down and alot of people died.

but whos ass are you gonna kick, surely not your own. why not go kick the crap out of terrorists. and for the love of god do it with pashion.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   

“It’s amazing the efforts the administration is going to stonewall this,” Wyden said. “The American people have a right to know what the Central Intelligence Agency was doing in those critical months before 9/11...”

Wyden is on a self promotion campaign,
he knows as well as the rest of us that the CIA was restricted and
denied the use of its personnel in Domestic/homeland operations.
The CIA had to defer to tthe FBI
& the Counter-Intelligence/Counter-Terrorism units,
along with the bin Laden Unit all attached in some manner to the FBI

It's been outed years ago that there was a complete breakdown in inter-agency communication so the CIA couldn't or wouldn't tell the NSA or FBI
up front or through official channels....the CIA could only drop obvious leads & hope that the other agencies would pick up on the trail of suspects.

but all-in-all, the biggest cover-up is all the intel agencies covering their butts

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The reports will show how miserably the CIA failed in the years prior to 9/11, due mainly the massives cut-backs and 'walls' put in place during the Clinton years.

Of course this information will be 'released' just prior to the 2008 elections, hammering home the fact that democrats are soft on protecting the homeland.

new topics

top topics

join