It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fork in the road.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Firstly i aint sure if this is right place to post this so if it isnt can some one please move it, thanks.

I just read an amazing post by some one about 700 New species being found in the frozen antartic and it got me thinking. IF evolution is right then could there of been a point when not all of us came out of the water, by this i mean. Some of us came out of the water and become what we are today, and some didnt come out the water and are now Humans but under the water. I though could this be possible ? and i couldnt think of any mayor factor that could prove this wrong. Think about it, how much of the sea have we covered ? hardly any thing. So maybe theres another civiliaztion under the sea.

tel me what you think, be honest

Take Care, Vix

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I do not know. I see how it may be possible, but I do not believe they would be advanced or have the ability to create stuff such as building etc. Maybe a human looking fish.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vixion
Some of us came out of the water and become what we are today, and some didnt come out the water and are now Humans but under the water.

Uhm, I think you need to read up on evolution a bit.

Human looking swimming monkeys did not emerge from the water and began walking to become human. I mean if you go far enough back in time *someone* had to have emerged from the water, but it sure wasnt remotely human. After that, we became complete separated.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   
yer but we became humans so couldnt what ever stayed in the water be like us in shape now ? i aint saying that there as advanced as us, just that could this be possible ?

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
if you're talking mermaids then that myth is generally believed to be based on the manatee or dugong

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
We are not adapted for life in water, so no they wouldnt look like us at all. In fact, they would look like water mammals does now: Many where originally land animals (bears turning into seals for example).

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vixion
Firstly i aint sure if this is right place to post this so if it isnt can some one please move it, thanks.

I just read an amazing post by some one about 700 New species being found in the frozen antartic and it got me thinking. IF evolution is right then could there of been a point when not all of us came out of the water, by this i mean. Some of us came out of the water and become what we are today, and some didnt come out the water and are now Humans but under the water.

The time when living things left the water was around 3.5 billion years ago. There was nothing that looked like humans around then, and any intelligent life wasn't at the level we are.

I though could this be possible ? and i couldnt think of any mayor factor that could prove this wrong. Think about it, how much of the sea have we covered ? hardly any thing. So maybe theres another civiliaztion under the sea.

It's unlikely. We know that some species are intelligent (dolphins, whales) and communicate and have a language, but they aren't technological. Technology leaves a very noticeable footprint on the land and on the sea.

Humans aren't very well suited for swimming or for in-the-water life (like, say, seals and otters.) We're the wrong shape, we don't have a good enough fat padding, and if our hands got modified for swimming then they wouldn't be good at building or making things.

top topics

join