It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*new video* of Fleet of ufos appearing over santiago Chile 2007

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Mod...plez delete post.

Sorry for inconvenience.

[edit on 10-1-2008 by solarstorm]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ufossydney

This video has been posted here before on ATS. A simple search for Chile+UFO and you will find a few threads on it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 10-1-2008 by Osyris]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I want you guys to see this video:
www.youtube.com...

Chile is no third world country, and they have got one very huge Air Force.
The video I provided you with shows 3 things:

1- The mountain range you saw on the 'UFO' video is really far away. For that reason the mountain range cannot be used as a reference point to tell if a flying object is moving towards or away from the camera, or not moving at all(it would take a long time to make up one's mind if all you see is a dot of light).

2- When the air force of Chile flyes over Santiago, it's usually because of a parade, or an air show, and they usually have large numbers of planes flying at the same time.

3- Note the sound of the F-16 in the video I pointed you guys to. It's 15 of them but you can barely hear them - if they weren't in the picture you could easily confuse the sound with background noise. In the 'UFO' video I think that whatever it is, it's even farther away. Note Chile also has many other types of planes that are considerable more silent than the F-16, in fact, I think the F-16 is the loudest figther they have.

The one thing I would like to know is the exact date the video was shot(was it the 16 or 12 of December, and is how is the author sure about it? Remember he claimed this was back in 2004, so how does he remember the exact date?).

And here is what I officially think the 'UFOs' were:
www.youtube.com...
15 T-35 Pillan aircraft flying at dawn - I have asked the author of that video if he can tell me what day this footage was shot.

Compare it the the last 20 seconds of the 'Full Version' video(which I think it's still missing a lot), and tell me what you guys think:
www.youtube.com...

EDIT:
Here is something interesting I found out:
December 12 is known in Chile as 'Dia de la Aeronautica de Chile'(Aeronautic Day of Chile). It commemorates the first fligth across the Andes mountain range. Source: www.fach.cl...
The author of the videos said on the previous page that one of the videos was shot on Dec.12
I think this is now very close to being debunked.

[edit on 10-1-2008 by daniel_g]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by daniel_g
I want you guys to see this video:
www.youtube.com...

Chile is no third world country, and they have got one very huge Air Force.
The video I provided you with shows 3 things:

1- The mountain range you saw on the 'UFO' video is really far away. For that reason the mountain range cannot be used as a reference point to tell if a flying object is moving towards or away from the camera, or not moving at all(it would take a long time to make up one's mind if all you see is a dot of light).

2- When the air force of Chile flyes over Santiago, it's usually because of a parade, or an air show, and they usually have large numbers of planes flying at the same time.

3- Note the sound of the F-16 in the video I pointed you guys to. It's 15 of them but you can barely hear them - if they weren't in the picture you could easily confuse the sound with background noise. In the 'UFO' video I think that whatever it is, it's even farther away. Note Chile also has many other types of planes that are considerable more silent than the F-16, in fact, I think the F-16 is the loudest figther they have.

The one thing I would like to know is the exact date the video was shot(was it the 16 or 12 of December, and is how is the author sure about it? Remember he claimed this was back in 2004, so how does he remember the exact date?).

And here is what I officially think the 'UFOs' were:
www.youtube.com...
15 T-35 Pillan aircraft flying at dawn - I have asked the author of that video if he can tell me what day this footage was shot.

Compare it the the last 20 seconds of the 'Full Version' video(which I think it's still missing a lot), and tell me what you guys think:
www.youtube.com...

EDIT:
Here is something interesting I found out:
December 12 is known in Chile as 'Dia de la Aeronautica de Chile'(Aeronautic Day of Chile). It commemorates the first fligth across the Andes mountain range. Source: www.fach.cl...
The author of the videos said on the previous page that one of the videos was shot on Dec.12
I think this is now very close to being debunked.

[edit on 10-1-2008 by daniel_g]

i think this video is FAR from being debunked, those planes looked nothing remotely close to the Santiago video. Each light circle was in mid air for a couple of seconds in the exact same spot as the other one left, those planes could not do that. Also the lights...nvm i wont even waste it loool those planes are not what what scene...

and unless the planes had hover capabilities i would think otherwise...

[edit on 10-1-2008 by ATSGUY]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATSGUY
and unless the planes had hover capabilities i would think otherwise...
[edit on 10-1-2008 by ATSGUY]

Look at this video: www.youtube.com...

Disregard the rest of the video, turn down all the volume, and watch only from minute 1:30 to minute 2:00. Can you tell if the light you see on the screen is getting closer, moving away, or just hoovering? You simply can't because of two reasons:

1- The object is so far away you only see a small dot of light.
2- There are no other reference points.

Once you see the rest of the video you'd be surprised to learn that the little dot is actually a huge aircraft carrier, and it was being approached at about 200mph. I emphasize that you had no way of knowing that until the camera got close enough.

The same reasoning applies on this UFO video. All we see are points of ligth that appear to move left and rigth only. No way to tell if, when they appear to be hoovering, they are just moving away from, or towards the camera.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by daniel_g]

[edit on 11-1-2008 by daniel_g]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by nhobaica
The measure I made was from
33°52'38.62"S
71° 0'2.60"W
to
33°52'5.23"S
71° 0'49.77"W
If you look at this path from the department view it seems like the path the lights took

Hi there,

A little math then :

Between point A & B, you have : 0,99 miles = +- 1,5 km

Distance (1500 m)/ time to go from A to B (7 s)= 1500 / 7 = 214 m/s
214 m * 3600 sec = 770.400 km in 1 h
Average speed = 770,40 km/h

Off course, this is not for sure, but it kinds of give an idea of the speeds involved.

One last thing, I do not see the section of the video where it happens, do you ?

Peace,
Europa

[edit on 11-1-2008 by Europa733]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Hi everyone,

This case, has been debunked for good !!!!

Ask me and I'll translate if you do not understand :
forum.hardware.fr...

Peace,
Europa

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Wow. And I don't think those are helicopters. They move too fast.

I'm also disappointed that the film was so short. But it was GOOD.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Cars? Motorcycles? Bah! thats quite a distant hillside, you know? I'm using the old common sense here! I can imagine seeing a motorcycles light in that distant AND how fast it would traverse the hillside at top speed. This is to fast IMO. If the video has been "fast forwarded" it COULD be possible. Otherwise i would have to assume that they are, at least, FLYING... Any translation of the frech debunking?

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Awesome video, I'd like some dates and stuff like that to see if it correlates to the air display theory though. Actually, the more I think about it that seems more likely. The "circulating"........ phenomenon (couldn't think of another word), can be explained by aircraft seen from very far away, making huge circles, but because they're seen from a great distance, they appear to be hovering next to eachother, just slowly accelerating to the side.

Whatever, bump.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
pfff, the UFOs of this thread are nothing compared to what I just shot, about 1 hour ago: UFOs hoovering in my backyard!!!!

www.youtube.com...

Eventually all UFOs broke away, one by one, at exactly 5 second intervals. Note how the first one signals the others, maybe telling them they were being recorded...

Sorry the video is only 8 seconds, I really have no explanation for why I decided to turn off the camera

However, I did some quick research, and found a possible reason for why I did that:

www.youtube.com...

I am 90% positive that this is the same reason the author of these Chile UFO videos ceased to record the UFOs. This post is dedicated to all those who think the chilenian lights can't be planes just because they 'appear' to be hoovering.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by daniel_g]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by daniel_g

I can totally agree with you that that sort display could be mistaken for UFO's only those planes are how far from the camera and probably filmed using a zoon lens? Unless it's a trick of the light and film, and we are all seeing it totally wrong, the lights in the Santiago video are miles away actually in the hills. There must be some flyers on here. What would happen to the human body if it were accelerated from , virtually standing still, to around 300 M.P.H in the blink of an eye?

As for the edting i am not sure of the point people are trying to make. To me it seems the guy filmes what he saw until they faded out. Paused the camera and then reactivated it when he saw, the lights reappear...

As for the time gap, well twilight, even in the southern mid summer lasts for a pretty short time. One of the most common comments Americans make when they come to England is..."Jeez how long do your evening's last, they seem to go on forever"... If you look at the yellow of the sky in the second clip i'd suggest it is a maximum of 5-10 mins or so between the clips. The sun has obviously set more as the depth of the yellow is far more towards a grey tone. People seem to be picking the guy up for doing nothing mroe than thinking...oh it's over, but i'll keep looknig just to make sure? Had he not, we wouldn't have the part where the lights seem to ascend the hill and vanish...

There might well be a terrestial explanation, but i'd guess they are way more in the Earthlight category, due to Bio Luminescence, than some people trying to blat their eyeballs through the back of their heads, via extreme paragliding...

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
the lights in the Santiago video are miles away actually in the hills. There must be some flyers on here. What would happen to the human body if it were accelerated from , virtually standing still, to around 300 M.P.H in the blink of an eye?

Let me post this video once more:
www.youtube.com...

At 1:22 you can start seeing a little light on that video. It's an aircraft carrier, only about 3 miles from the camera, yet it's only a dot of light.

The mountain range in the chilenean video is some 20-30 miles away(I'm estimating this from the picture the author posted), an aircraft only needs to be 3 miles away to look like a dot of light(the aircraft carrier video should have proven that..).

There is no possible way in this world for one to estimate how far away was the camera from the lights that were over the city.

However, if we had the coordinates of the building where the video was shot, I bet we could find Chile's Air Force School in rigth in between that building and the mountain range easily on Google Earth, my guess is the airfield is at about 4-9 miles away from that building.

[edit on 25-1-2008 by daniel_g]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
daniel_g (and others), thank you for your effort, much appreciated, it helped me understand what really happend. Kudos should always go to those who deserve it.

For the people who still can't face the truth: why do u have to make simple things more complicated than they are? Earthlights? Biomass? Come on ...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
This video has been out for quite a while. It was originally uploaded by a YouTube User.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join