It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Masonic Power Structure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   
When I joined Masonry, I had come to believe it to be an honorable institution. but I still had some suspicion that higher levels could be infiltrated or corrupted by malignant forces. After seeing Masonry from the inside and learning how the power structure is organized, I realized that it would by nearly impossible to corrupt it. The management of each lodge is on a rotating schedule so that one person is only in the top position for one year (two years at some lodges) and then he rotates out of the line completely. So in a given lodge you might have a dozen guys who have been through the line and now hold no position in the lodge management and a dozen guys who are or will be in line for leadership, all to be confirmed by popular vote. To corrupt this form of leadership, you need to corrupt every guy in the lodge.

The next misconception that I had and I am sure many others have, is that the Grand Lodge hands out mandates to the lodges in its jurisdiction. But they are not in control of all the lodges, they are more like a committee consisting of members from the regular lodges. They may issue a charter for a new lodge to start, or make a minor change in the wording of traditional literature to reflect modern language changes but they have no power to govern the individual lodges. The can't tell a lodge who to let in or who to keep out, what charities to donate to, who to elect as master of the lodge etc. This is evidenced by the fact that all lodges are a little different. While we consider the United Grand Lodge of England as our originating body, we do not receive communications or mandates from them. There are no "high up Masons". If there were these high-up-masons, the lower guy would need to know about it in order to know who's orders they were supposed to follow.
Could you have supervisors at your place of employment without knowing they existed? Orders need to come from a source that everybody knows and accepts as the authority.

What goes on in the lodge, really is honorable and innocent. As hard as it is for people to believe that it is the simple truth. The extensive means that Masons go through to keep the lodges shielded from external exposure is to protect that virtue from the withering scorn of of those who feel that they are in possession of the one truth. Masonry's founding years were replete with genocide when one school of thought contended with another. Being intolerant of others' slight difference is what lead to the Inquisition and countless people being burned at the stake. Religious and political wars were and still are the source of the most bloody conflict that humans are capable of. Somehow, Masonry found a way to exist in harmony within the lodge, if only for a short time, by excluding the religious and political turmoil that humans are so prone to. Perhaps this method of organization was developed out of necessity to finish stone structures that took multiple generations of masons to complete.

Many Christians hear rumors of Satan that were stared by the Pope in the 1300s and want to proceed directly to the burning stake without checking to see if the rumors are true. The Vatican was passing out that accusation quite liberally back then.

[edit on 18-5-2007 by RedPill]

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Great post, not sure how many theorists will believe it, some people don't like being confused by little things like the facts.Thank you for eloquently bringing valid points to the readers here,it really is just as you say.I have met the most generous,kind,morally upright and upstanding brothers through Lodge, and it has enriched my life so much, the only thing "hidden in plain sight" in Masonry is the great people that I never would have met had I not joined.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Hey Redpill. That was a great post, eloquent, simple and to the point. Alas it may fall on deaf ears as the Anti's will assume you have been programmed by the reptilian shapeshifting high level Masonic Masters to write that excellent post.

Oh well at least we keep trying. Thanks Brother

Dredz

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Hey Redpill. That was a great post, eloquent, simple and to the point. Alas it may fall on deaf ears as the Anti's will assume you have been programmed by the reptilian shapeshifting high level Masonic Masters to write that excellent post.

Oh well at least we keep trying. Thanks Brother

Dredz

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I don't really blame people for thinking Masons have a secret power structure. Most of the information out there leads one to believe that. I just wanted to point our some of the things that are obvious to those on the inside but not so easy to see by those who are not. I don't expect anyone to take my word for it but it will help you to ask the right questions when doing your own research.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Yeah I know Redpill, it must be very confusing for anyone not involved inMasonry to understand the structure of the organization. All it takes though ,is a few well asked questions, and a willingness to believe the answers that make all the difference.

Dredz

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
RedPill

Originally posted by RedPill

Have you been following that thread about the RAS-AL-AIN or RAS-EL-AIN Chapel?

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Freemasons, Templars, New World, Celts

You might find this thread interesting Redpill.

Tamuh

I have not seen that thread, I am assuming that it is about the name Roslyn Chapel, disected and attempted to find meaning?

Redpill

I don't really blame people for thinking Masons have a secret power structure. Most of the information out there leads one to believe that. I just wanted to point our some of the things that are obvious to those on the inside but not so easy to see by those who are not. I don't expect anyone to take my word for it but it will help you to ask the right questions when doing your own research.

I don't blame them either, for the most part people have no idea what it is or that it even exist, and the ones that do either have no clue about it, or in an attempt to find something about it come across so much crap on the internet that they go away hating what they don't even know or worse yet giving up and never trying to research it again just thinking its corrupt rich guys.

I think that perhaps the craft should find ways to stop the spreading of this dis info or at least have some kind of aggressive awareness program.

But maybe the conspiracies help us, it keeps the weak away from our doors.

Great post brother. As usual.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

For sure. Very fascinating. There were many other such structures that were destroyed in religious wars.

top topics

join