It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the Annuaki?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
What are the Annunaki? I haven't heard a good expalination yet, however the term comes up frquently.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   
They were the Sumerian equivalent to the Greek Olympians or the Norse Asgard ..... in other words, the name given to their main group of gods. That's it.

However, a chap called Zecharia Sitchin wrote a series of books in which he claimed to have re-translated sumerian scripts completely differently to everyone else, and claimed that the Sumerian gods were actually space aliens from an unfeasibly improbably planet - which passed close to the Earth in 2003 with devastating consequences (what do you mean, you don't remember?) A good sci fi idea but with no basis in reality.

en.wikipedia.org...

Also, Sitchin's website: www.sitchin.com...

And a more sceptical take on his 'theories' www.geocities.com...

More recently, some people have alluded to the Annunaki in all manner of other bizarre theories, few of which have any credibility.

No one has ever explained why they think the Sumerian Gods were real, but not the Greek or Norse Gods (or for that matter any of the hundreds of other pantheons that have been believed in different times and places throughout history).

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
hey all that read this for the comment above stating your beliefs is not giving ansewrs but spreading # about other works and actuall sceintific proof that has been found supporting the different races of aliens ..if you just took the time to look and werent so critical about works of others..zacariah zitchen, is one of those who does hold the understanding to decyhper the tablets found threw out mesopotania..
and has given great insight into showing how threw all of history, people have recorded many different races and idealology's how his work is creditable and has a strong stand point ..regarding greys and the so called god races or creater's or lesser gods known as the annuaki..
i suggest taking time and looking not only at his works but others found threw out the globe like peru and many. if not at all pyramids around the world and the ancient technologys discovered .
it has only been in the last few years that sceintists have worked out what the artifacts were and how they were used ..for example the bahgdad battery ..any more fascinanting things i wont get into now..
egypt holds many keys to other worlds if you only had the patience to step back be critical but opened minded as well ...this helps sith myth from truth and can create a basis for study and understanding you lack as a result of beleiving other's and not searching for yourself..dont trust the web or books but read the material find what is logical ,rational and is plauseable and you will be on your way ..and dont deny someone elses work because of simple minded scientist's from a hundred years or more who in today standards are the equalivent to high school kids..

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

I'm assuming you're well versed in cuneiform? That after all is the only way we can get to the truth, by learning the written language, no?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
The Annunaki are a supposed race of gods/space-aliens that inhabit the imaginary planet of Nibiru. 10th planet, according to Zacharia Sitchen.

In fact, it is Zacharia Sitchen who has coined all of the above terms... I completely gave up on his ideas when I realized he isn't a physicist and he tries to rationalize his "translations" through physical science.
In my opinion, if his ideas were worth anything, he would have support. He doesn't.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by bigred1000

7 Gods who Decree

4 primary:

* Anu
* Enlil
* Ki
* Enki

3 sky:

* Ishtar
* Sin
* Sama

In Sumerian mythology and later for Assyrians and Babylonians, Anu (also An; (from Sumerian *An = sky, heaven)) was a sky-god, the god of heaven, lord of constellations, king of gods, spirits and demons, and dwelt in the highest heavenly regions. It was believed that he had the power to judge those who had committed crimes, and that he had created the stars as soldiers to destroy the wicked. His attribute was the royal tiara, most times decorated with two pairs of bull horns. In art he was sometimes depicted as a jackal[citation needed].
Sumerian cuneiform for An (and determiner for deity DINGIR)..

He had several consorts, the foremost being Ki (earth), Nammu, and Uras. By Ki he was the father of, among others, the Annuna gods. By Nammu he was the father of, among others, Enki and Ningikuga. By Uras he was the father of Nin'insinna. According to legends, heaven and earth were once inseparable until An and Ki bore Enlil, god of the air, who cleaved heaven and earth in two. An and Ki were, in some texts, identified as brother and sister being the children of Anshar and Kishar. Ki later developed into the Akkadian goddess Antu.

He was one of the oldest gods in the Sumerian pantheon, and part of a triad including Enlil, god of the sky and Enki, god of water. He was also called Anu by the Akkadians, rulers of Mesopotamia after the conquest of Sumer in 2334 BC by King Sargon of Akkad. By virtue of being the first figure in a triad consisting of Anu, Enlil, and Ea, Anu came to be regarded as the father and at first, king of the gods. Anu is so prominently associated with the E-anna temple in the city of Uruk (biblical Erech) in southern Babylonia that there are good reasons for believing this place to have been the original seat of the Anu cult. If this be correct, then the goddess Inanna (or Ishtar) of Uruk may at one time have been his consort.

Loosely Alpha and Omega, Heaven and Earth, the beginning and End, the first and last.

It's all the same stories.

Peace

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
they come from the tenth planet in our solar system read about zachriea stitching from summarian texts nephliems as well i believe there is a giant in ireland they discovered which supposed to nephlim 12 ft 2 we were all made from them we were enginered from hommands to humans no evolution

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
its not mythology they knew the solar system to the tee so how could it be mythology they knew about the orth cloud comet paths sons of gods in genesis mixed with daughters of men they were giants back then god created man in his imagie sounds like aliens somewere some how makes more sense then genesis if you ask me and you should know as well

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Anu is not only Sumerian root work but also "Native" americans that lived in the West Arizona,New Mexico,Nevada.
these Giants are referred thru history and as previous posts state or more commonly known to eruo/american culture as "Nephalim" from the Hebrew which "literally" in Hebrew is defined (and I already know there will be argument but yeh i have studied Hebrew prior and know its correct...) "Fiery/Flying/Copper Color SERPENTS".
im not replying for arguments or stir debate...just stating. Regardless there is reference to them world wide and have been described as those that were beaten back from "the slave race" (in reference to genetic modified homonids/ergo humankind). just type it....there is droves of info. You could also refer to a "series" named "Origins and Oracles" from an Irish immigrant here in USA now I believe who has done a rather large study of the subject.
his name doesnt come to mind atm but I remember his last name started with Ts---- which i found strange.
They are belevied to reside in "Middle Earth" i.e. enter from the N and S poles into the deepest regions of the planet (and nope...dont mean MAAAAGMA... just real deep).

good luck in your quest

new topics

top topics

join