It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus, do you love me?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Not too long ago, I began looking into the Gnostic Gospels and reading the Bible and came across some scripture that had a profound effect on me. This conversation took place after the resurrection. John 21: 15-19. It basically goes like this:

After breakfast, Jesus asked Simon Peter, "Simon? Do you love me more than these?" Simon looked at Jesus and said "Yes Lord, you know that I love you...". Jesus says, "Feed my lambs."

Again a second time Jesus asks him, "Simon? Do you love me?" Simon looks at Jesus and says "Yes Lord, you know I love you." Jesus says, "Feed my sheep."

Jesus said to him a third time, "Simon - do you love me?" And Simon said, "Lord you know all things! You know I love you!" Jesus says, "Feed my sheep."

He told them, "When you were young, you dressed yourself and went wherever you wished. When you are older, you'll stretch out your hands, someone else will dress you, and take you were you do not wish to go."

He said this, signifying by what death he should glorify God. He then said, Follow me."

As I finished reading this, I started crying, I cried for a long time. He came across as pitiful to me. His words became more than words, they truly came alive for me.

A couple nights later, I was reading a thread in Paranormal about OOBE's. And they were discussing if you run into bad things in the astral - what you can do, to aid yourself. As I went to sleep that night, I wondered what the Lord would suggest you say to something bad in the astral. I fell asleep and I dreamed of Jesus.

It was my first dream of him and it was very quick and to the point. It couldn't have lasted 3 seconds.

It was daytime. I was on a hill of grass, no trees around. The hill had a trench that ran all the way down it. I was on the right side of this trench and he came walking down from out of nowhere. His dress reminded me of an old woman's, white nightgown. He had sandals on. As he walked past me, he barely lifted his right arm, he extended his thumb and index finger and said "Vanish!" I then saw the expression on my face and immediately woke up.

Think of winning a 100 million dollars with a lotto ticket and then imagine the look on your face when you realized you had won. It was astonishment, amazement, bewilderment, and shock, that of which is usually reserved for a small child at Christmas.

A couple days later, I was sitting in front of the mirror getting ready and had opened the window because it was so pretty outside. The wind was blowing and it just seemed like a perfect day. Everything just seemed "right." I started thinking about John 21: 15-19 and again I started crying. And I don't know why but I said out loud "Lord do you love me?" All I heard was the birds and the wind. I said it again, a little more sincerely - "Lord? Do you love me?" Again, nothing. So, I said it a third time. "Lord.... do you love me?" Nothing happened, so I got up and walked out of the bedroom and to the bathroom for a tissue. I dried my face up and realized I was running behind and as I came back out of the bathroom and in through my kitchen, I'm thinking one thing and all of a sudden out of my mouth comes the words, "I love everything about you."

I knew in that instant he really does dwell within us.

This is such a personal experience, and I feel if I don't share it is like I deny him. And I can't deny him.

[edit on 18-5-2007 by Myrtales Instinct]

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   
That is powerful my friend, and im glad you shared it.
I have sat and wondered how much he loves us as a whole one night, and He told me, that not only does he long to walk with us again, but He weeps for all those that fall short. The pain God goes through knowing there are those not going to be with Him is uncomphrendable. The love as well that he has for us. After He shared that with me, I wept more than I have wept in my life. When I was done crying He asked me " Do you Love me? " I said, " Yes, like a wife to a husband, as a son to a father. " He answered me, " Good. I just needed to hear it from your lips that you love me. And yes, I love you as well more than you can imagine. "
...I cried again. tears of joy though.

God bless

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct
Not too long ago, I began looking into the Gnostic Gospels and reading the Bible and came across some scripture that had a profound effect on me. This conversation took place after the resurrection. John 21: 15-19. It basically goes like this:

After breakfast, Jesus asked Simon Peter, "Simon? Do you love me more than these?" Simon looked at Jesus and said "Yes Lord, you know that I love you...". Jesus says, "Feed my lambs."

Again a second time Jesus asks him, "Simon? Do you love me?" Simon looks at Jesus and says "Yes Lord, you know I love you." Jesus says, "Feed my sheep."

Jesus said to him a third time, "Simon - do you love me?" And Simon said, "Lord you know all things! You know I love you!" Jesus says, "Feed my sheep."

So... What's the punch line?

I'm kidding, an interesting and thoughtfull post.

[edit on 18-5-2007 by Xeros]

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Wow, quite a moving thread. I've also read parts of the gospels that have made me cry, and I've shed a few tears from stories in the old testament too, especially the story of Joseph(Genesis 37).

... As he walked past me, he barely lifted his right arm, he extended his thumb and index finger and said "Vanish!" I then saw the expression on my face and immediately woke up.

Just wondering, but do you know why He extended his thumb and index finger and said "vanish"? Seems kind of strange to me...

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheB1ueSoldier
Just wondering, but do you know why He extended his thumb and index finger and said "vanish"? Seems kind of strange to me...

Anything can happen in a dream.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by followerofchrist
I have sat and wondered how much he loves us as a whole one night, and He told me, that not only does he long to walk with us again, but He weeps for all those that fall short.

That's beautiful. Since we are called to be like him, I know what he is talking about. All this makes me want to find the day when everything is renewed.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
yeah, he cant walk with us again until THE END OF THE WORLD!

*boom* *explosions* *hellfire* *brimstone* *blood* *death*

and behold, i saw a rider of a donkey, and his sword came from his mouth, and he slew the followers of the abomination of desolation. he slew the abomination of desolation. he then slew death.

i just made that up

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I know what you mean Ben. It is going to get hard though.
Thats why our faith means so much to us. Then we have something that will remind us of Him. That we can keep our thoughts and hearts on God.

God bless

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Jesus would be labeled a lone wolf extremist these days.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Jesus would be labeled a lone wolf extremist these days.

Which is exactly what He was considered to be when He was on earth. The more things change the more they remain the same. Jesus was considered a radical extremist by the PTB 2000 years ago, so why should it be any different today? Today, as in ages past, the only people who really understand Him are those with open hearts, eyes and ears.
:

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Right before I fell asleep, I had been in Paranormal reading a thread that is super long on OOBE's and some of the people were asking what they should do if they ran into a "bad" entity in the astral world. I didnt quite understand what they were explaining. As I fell to sleep, I wondered to myself 'what would Jesus suggest' you do if you ran into a bad entity in the astral, or just a bad dream for that matter. To me, he was saying just walk past them and tell them to 'vanish' for they have no power over us.

I honestly dont know about his hand gesture.

[edit on 19-5-2007 by Myrtales Instinct]

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Right before I fell asleep, I had been in Paranormal reading a thread that is super long on OOBE's and some of the people were asking what they should do if they ran into a "bad" entity in the astral world. I didnt quite understand what they were explaining. As I fell to sleep, I wondered to myself 'what would Jesus suggest' you do if you ran into a bad entity in the astral, or just a bad dream for that matter. To me, he was saying just walk past them and tell them to 'vanish' for they have no power over us.

I honestly dont know about his hand gesture.

[edit on 19-5-2007 by Myrtales Instinct]

Myrtales?

Please be careful.

I say these words NOT light heartedly.

I extend a hand in this mannor;

Look at how your 'inner-self' is affected. Look at the Words that people give unto you.

This life is part of an illusion.

Please be careful when choosing 'paths'.

"What you sow...YOU shall surely reep"

new topics

top topics

join