It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Israel Issue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
for other canidates feel free to post your thoughts and links to your thoughts

to the point

i believe israel is the thorn in the US

if i am elected i will treat the nation like anyother nation
i would stop giving them state of the art weapons so they can sell it to China, i would not give them billions in Aid for military hardware

i would ensure that Israel abides by international laws and set the standerd that the US should be following for others.

i would make sure palistains have a Nation ASAP
i would make sure that both sides lay down their arms against each other (unless they are cival defence)

i would give palistains an opertunity Lay down your arms and recognise Israel and you get your Country

but i would make sure jerusulaum is controled by the international comunity its just as important to all 3 faiths so a council will be created from people from all 3 faiths to maintain and control the area.

i will make sure all laws are reinforced and not show lenancy to any country

more will be added

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Israel has been one of the issues I've not really talked about, so it's a good thing you started this thread bodrul.

I would stop all military funding to Israel, and cut the amount of other aide they get by 90%.

Israel is one of those odd cases for me, on one hand I like Israel because of the many
Scientific advancements that have come from there, and there very liberal attitude on sexuality.

On the other hand I dislike them for the actions they have taken against Lebanon and
the criminal acts there military has committed.

I would seek the peaceful recognition of both Israel and Palestine, though I would not
recognize any government whom explicitly is bent on hatred of the other.

I would seek to have Jerusalem become a territory administered by the UN,
rather than by Israel or any other one country.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Without all the aid, Israel's bankrupted government and social services won't last very long and the country would descend into anarchy very quickly.

What's the point of stopping the aid anyway? Punishment?

Seriously, it can only make the situation there worse.

Israel only acts aggressively when it feels it's threatened. The bigger the threat the bigger the strike.

Hizballah and the likes in Gaza are terrorist organizations, where do they hide? Among civilians (as the US Army well Knows...). Which is why the IDF is constantly forced to operate in civilian areas, so you get civilian casualties.

Military blunders are one thing, war crimes are another.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by HAL the bot
Without all the aid, Israel's bankrupted government and social services won't last very long and the country would descend into anarchy very quickly.

Israel has its own econemy and it exports enough products to sustain its needs

What's the point of stopping the aid anyway? Punishment?

Seriously, it can only make the situation there worse.

how is stoping in giving them more money for weapons a bad thing?
if they want toys they can use their own money that they earn not TAX money which can be used for better things in the country

Israel only acts aggressively when it feels it's threatened. The bigger the threat the bigger the strike.

Israel thinks it can get away with blue murder in broud daylight
which is very accurate as it can. Israel has no concern for human life apart from those that are israelis, this has been shown on lebonen when they killed thousends of cuvilians by breaking one of the rules of engagment when it comes to rules of WAR

which is leave cuvilian structures and so on alone which Israel ignored

They used cluster bombs in built up areas
they destroyed Oil refieries and other structures which are stated in International laws as A NO NO

this reflects on the US where the US allowed Israel to carry on with their rampage

Hizballah and the likes in Gaza are terrorist organizations, where do they hide? Among civilians (as the US Army well Knows...). Which is why the IDF is constantly forced to operate in civilian areas, so you get civilian casualties.

Hazbullah are only scene as terrorists by some nations and others as a political group. and unlike the lebonease govermnet Hazbullah actuily fight for their people and faught back the Israelis.

and Bombing market places and entire cities to get to a couple of people
is a very long shot away from miliatry blunders

(this part of the reply to this discusion is about Israel and hazbullah and has no relation to The palistian conflict)

Military blunders are one thing, war crimes are another.

Israel has commited war crimes and does not abide by international laws when it comes to occupied terrortories

these acts Israel commit are a stain on the US as its the prime supporter of Israel which makes it look like the US supports israels stance and the death they cause.

If elected i will make sure Israel is treated fairy and justily like any other Nation

[edit on 18-5-2007 by bodrul]

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Israel has its own econemy and it exports enough products to sustain its needs

Just to add to that, Israel has the 15th largest economy in the world.

new topics

top topics

join