It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush to grant amnesty to illegals, Fox says its not enough.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Bush and his administration are in the process of honoring amnesty laws for illegal immigrants, under some constraints. Along with granting three year green cards to immigrants, and offers of citizenship; Bush will opt to boost border security. President Vincente Fox wants to see removal of all border security and allow free travel between the nations. In efforts to bring the illegals into the fold, Bush is rehashing a plan implemented in the 1980's, granting amnesty and green cards to illegals. However, this plan was not truly enforced, and has become defunct law at best. So what's to say if this plan will work at all? Is it just a knee jerk reaction to the protests, or an effort to bail the united states out of a deficit and social security catastrophe?

Under Mr. Bush's so-called guest worker plan, all workers in the United States illegally will receive much-coveted "green cards" for three years, which may then be renewed for three additional years. This amnesty thus lays the groundwork for American citizenship later on.
Mr. Fox denies that Mexicans want citizenship. He says they simply want to take advantage of the economic opportunities available in the United States. In fact, Mr. Fox believes that merely giving legal status to illegal workers doesn't go far enough. He's on record saying he wants all immigration barriers removed and open borders established with the United States.

www.washtimes.com...

thoughts?

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eyeofhorus
Bush and his administration are in the process of honoring amnesty laws for illegal immigrants, under some constraints. Along with granting three year green cards to immigrants, and offers of citizenship; Bush will opt to boost border security. President Vincente Fox wants to see removal of all border security and allow free travel between the nations. In efforts to bring the illegals into the fold, Bush is rehashing a plan implemented in the 1980's, granting amnesty and green cards to illegals. However, this plan was not truly enforced, and has become defunct law at best. So what's to say if this plan will work at all? Is it just a knee jerk reaction to the protests, or an effort to bail the united states out of a deficit and social security catastrophe?

Under Mr. Bush's so-called guest worker plan, all workers in the United States illegally will receive much-coveted "green cards" for three years, which may then be renewed for three additional years. This amnesty thus lays the groundwork for American citizenship later on.

**Mr. Fox denies that Mexicans want citizenship. He says they simply want to take advantage of the economic opportunities available in the United States. In fact, Mr. Fox believes that merely giving legal status to illegal workers doesn't go far enough. He's on record saying he wants all immigration barriers removed and open borders established with the United States.**

www.washtimes.com...

thoughts?

Ugh- Sure go ahead and let them move in. Their taking over everything else. And this is why I can't get a appointment at the health department for a check up.

So Fox want a free for all for the US. Might as well call this an invasion.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I really hate this topic.

I've never agreed with those who say illegal immigrants do the things americans won't do. This is true, but only because illegals are doing it for far less than any american ever would, and thus business owners aren't willing to pay americans legal wages.

The only way to fix this illegal immigration problem is to start actually defending our borders and deporting illegal immigrants. Let's start with the illegals we've got in our own jails.

I understand the plight of the illegal immigrant, sure i do. I understand they're coming here for a chance at a better life, and i respect that. I'm not suggesting they don't try and come here, because i would do the same thing were i in their shoes. I'm just saying i wish they would understand where i'm coming from as well.

I think illegal immigration is the single biggest issue we as a nation face today, and i wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this eventually lead to the seccesion of the northern states.

join