It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

700 new species found in polar region

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Carnivorous sponges, blind creepy-crawlies adorned with hairy antennae and ribbed worms are just some of the new characters found to inhabit the dark abysses of the Southern Ocean, an alien abode once thought devoid of such life.

Recent expeditions have uncloaked this polar region, finding nearly 600 species of organisms never described before and challenging some assumptions that deep-sea biodiversity is depressed. The findings also suggest that all of Earth's marine life originated in Antarctic waters.

Source:
www.msnbc.msn.com...

WOW! This is amazing!

[edit on 17-5-2007 by Cydonian Priest]

Edit: Please use the external tags when copying and pasting from an external website.

ALSO:

Please note:

(This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page): AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts or simple "I agree" posts when replying to threads. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites that supports the thread; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as it relates to the thread.

[edit on 5-18-2007 by William One Sac]

[edit on 5-18-2007 by William One Sac]

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
excellent post.
thanks for the link.
I am hopefull that nature will pull through all the crap we throw at her, as we still do not know even all the things that live here, not by a long shot.
wild.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglelord
excellent post.

Not exactly an excellent post... He/She just copied and pasted the first 3 paragraphs from the article as his own post. Good find anyways. I love the picture of the army of sea cucumbers. How creepy....

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
i've got a thing about en mass animal photos, they get me a bit 'little lobster grab your gun'

with all these new finds in marine life and, to a lesser but still large extent, insects, i'm not surprised it's common prophetic belief that they'll be taking over. statistically they already have - as a species we're outnumbered billions to one.

top topics

join