It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration Deal Reached

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Immigration Deal Reached

rawstory.com

Key US Democrat and Republican senators said Thursday they had reached a deal on bringing 12 million illegal immigrants out of the shadows, after exhaustive road-the-clock talks.

Democratic Senator Edward Kennedy said the deal was the best chance in years to secure US borders and provide a path to legal status for illegal immigrants.

The crunch talks, which stretched into overtime this week, and forced Senate Democratic leaders to postpone debate on the issue, produced an immigration bill which is now likely to be taken up by the chamber next week.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.bloomberg.com
www.latimes.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Border Agents Under Attack on Mexico Border
President Bush to Militarize Border?

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I think most of us knew this was coming. This deal means about twelve million people who are here illegally will become legal residents or citizens. Everyone will have a different opinion as to if this is the right thing to do or not. I just hope the people who will become citizens are not here for the purpose terrorism or to create terror. I also do hope that the border will be strengthened and that people saying it will happen is not just lip service.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Right on... I hope that those who are here and become legal live the good life now and become true Americans.

For me the best part of this is that hopefully the borders will get "tighter" and less and less illegals will get into the country.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Live the good life and be good Americans.
Yes that is what I, and I am sure all good Americans want. I just fear it may not end up that way.
Twelve million people here illegally...... Think about that. A fraction of that invaded Iraq. But now they will be granted citizenship.
I really do hope they will live a good life, raise families and be good Americans and citizens. But what percentage of the twelve million that will go bad will it take to make them all look bad?

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
US citizenship is now worthless. Forget all that bs about doing it the right way.Just get here,no matter how how,and here you go. Gee I hope the price of a tomato does'nt go up. Welcome to the NAU.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Already posted here:

www.abovepolitics.com...

top topics

join