It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Well, the means by which you can catch a ride are pretty limited.
1) Inadvertently observe an advanced craft at too close a range. In that case, you'll be picked up and *ahem* 'probed'. A cover memory will be constructed that will swap the SEALs doing the cavity searches for 'grays'. It is said that the SEALs tend to enjoy the search procedures more than they ought.
2) Get a doctorate in a discipline that is bizarrely more useful offworld than on. Archaeology, geology and the like. If NRL or IAS approaches you, go with it.
3) Become a high muckity-muck with NRL. All the guys at the top are cleared for off-world info.
4) End up on the JCS, NSC, or the top levels of the State Department.
5) Get the right job with LM or Boeing. Note that this can be in-house or contract
6) Become a Master of the Universe. There are not many. Masters of the Universe have wide ranging access to entire project series regardless of compartmentalization. They are a diverse group of people from futurists to well-known musicians. They tend to be polymaths.
7) Become the right sort of egghead. You apparently either have to be insane or brighter than Einstein, or both.