It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real video of demonic activity?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Hmm.

It is an interesting video. The fact that they were "closely associated" with the Amytivylle house just begins to discredit them in my opinion.

THe Amytivylle Horror was a hoax as far as I'm concerned.

Well, it must be a hoax if you say it is, right... but, unfortunately you have no evidence to prove it a hoax so your opinion doesn't mean much...

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by porky1981

Well, it must be a hoax if you say it is, right... but, unfortunately you have no evidence to prove it a hoax so your opinion doesn't mean much...

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I believe that opinions (which are clearly stated as opinion, and not fact) are always welcome on ATS. however, jumping into a topic and adding nothing to the discussion in an attempt to derail the thread is not.

Do you have an opinion you'd like to share on the actual topic of the thread, which is the video in the opening post?

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by porky1981

Originally posted by nyk537
Hmm.

It is an interesting video. The fact that they were "closely associated" with the Amytivylle house just begins to discredit them in my opinion.

THe Amytivylle Horror was a hoax as far as I'm concerned.

Evidence? You call knocking on a wall evidence enough to say its for REAL!! Honestly that knocking part was enough evidence for to me claim it to be hoax! Its out of the camera's lens.. The knocking where did it come from? Evidence would show that another person is doing the knocking, thats basic logic.. So you belive a poltergeist is tapping on some wood saying yes or no.. Umm please.
Then we have the part with the chair.. Very well played, and very well done hoax there. But if it was a real mean ghost messing with that child, dont you think she would be screaming and wanting the hell out of there!!
Damn my sisters kid is afriad of monsters under her bed, and nothing moves or shuffles under there.. Now evidence would prove any child that comes in contact with a spook, would naturally cry and want out of there!
Im sorry but to be the best of the best offers you this.. Movie deals, book deals, and guess what guys.. YEP a whole lotta money.. Money money money, they are possesed by money, not ghosts.. Its a good hoax. but I just dont feel in my gut of guts that this video is real.. If you want proof of how easy it is to rig a house to be haunted Im going to my friends house tonight, Ill ask him if I can rig his house to be haunted.. We will record, and then I will offer it up here on ATS, just to show those who belive this how easy it is to make this stuff up...
Okay now to say this.. I belive in ghosts, but I feel they are on a different band than we are. Some people can tune into the band, and somewhat see these "ghosts". Think of it like radio bands, and all other kinds of bands.. We live in the light band. we see the rainbow, and byond that our eyes do not detect the other millions of bands that may be out there..
Before jumping thinking out of context, lets be suttle here and say theres a small small chance this video is real.. But a better chance that this guy knows how to sell a book, movies, and wants to make alot of money from this hoax..

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
As far as the little girl not screaming in fear as her chair is being moved by a poltergeist, I think this has been happening to that family for a while. I'm sure the little girl is used to it by now. This activity is still in the early, nuisance stage. It almost certainly would have gotten a lot worst had the house not been exorcised.

For those that are not aware, Ed Warren is a demonologist. He is probably the foremost expert in his field. He's one of the few that the Catholic church will listen to, other than their own priests, as far as requesting an exorcism be done. According to what I've read he says that demonic activity takes place in three stages; oppression, depression, and ultimately possession. The activity reaches each level based on the will of the people living there and the strength of the entity.

BTW, it's clear that the mother is not moving the chair.

Peace

[edit on 22-5-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leirbag
trust me, this video is a hoax. i've seen them and heard them felt them. i've also felt them press against my lungs and heard them scream at me and my mother. they don't move things like that. my mother and i were in the living room watching t.v. then all of a sudden we heard someone scream "Fu** you!" and the remote. which was about 5 ft away from me and 10 ft. away from my mother, was thrown at the t.v. and cracked the screen. we also come home to see our beds and tables re-arranged. this video is a complete hoax.

You didn't even give us a reason why you think this is a hoax. And what does that little anecdote have to do with anything?

My friend's dad collects ouija boards and about 60 different ones from all over the world are nailed to the wall. During a sleepover when my friends were screwin' around with one of the ouija boards, the nails flew off and hit the other wall and half the ouija boards came crashing down. I've witnessed paranormal activity too...

Does that mean that people should "trust me" when I say this video is or is not a hoax?

However, I do believe this is a hoax for reasons which I will actually list instead of just discrediting other peoples' opinions...

1. Poltergeists rarely appear or even respond when commanded to.

2. The table and chairs move toward the camera. You also can not see the floor. If they were interested in filming it to prove something, don't you think they would've addressed that suspicion? There could be strings beneath that are being pulled at the same time.

3. If the girl wanted to get her freakin' homework done, why was she still sitting in that retarded chair? If they were really interested in getting footage of a bucking chair, why did a poor 10 year old girl whose face has to be censored anyways have to be in it? I know! To lever it with her elbows. I can do it too!

4. The Warrens also claimed to have exorcised a werewolf demon named Bill Ramsey and also developed the case of the Amityville which were both arguable cases...

Additionally, the Warren’s reliability as neutral, objective paranormal investigators has been called into question in the past. For example, the Warren’s most famous case, the Amityville horror, has been thoroughly investigated by other researchers and revealed to have most likely been a complete hoax. Despite such evidence, the Warren's continued belief in the events surrounding the Amityville case seriously strained their credibility in the eyes of many other paranormal researchers.

Finally, the fact that the Warrens made their living from their paranormal investigations, both by selling books and by charging speaking fees while traveling the lecture circuit, did much to lessen their claims to true objectivity in the eyes of many.

- en.wikipedia.org...

If I have time, I'll make a video of me & a bucking chair.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Hoax or not, it was a cool video.

Damn, why doesn't anything interesting like this ever happen in my life?

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I don't see any cool visuals.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paresthesia
1. Poltergeists rarely appear or even respond when commanded to.

Says who??? I'm sure Ed was using some kind of religious provaction, not just demanding it to.

Originally posted by Paresthesia
3. If the girl wanted to get her freakin' homework done, why was she still sitting in that retarded chair? If they were really interested in getting footage of a bucking chair, why did a poor 10 year old girl whose face has to be censored anyways have to be in it? I know! To lever it with her elbows. I can do it too!

Watch it again. She's not levering anything. The exertion would be obvious.

Peace

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
that video is scary stuff. there is so much more to this world that we can know and so called sience "has all the answers too"

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Densha82

Oh, Please. What a scam. The chair moves exactly as it would if someone were pulling on it with a rope. Not only that, we can't see all of the chair being moved. So it is possible that someone has a rope or string attached to it or is using some other means to move the chair by effecting the area that I can't see. Now consider which one is more likely, the chair was moved by a mysterious invisible entity, or a living person with a body physically moved the chair by effecting the area that we can't see on the video? The odds are staggered greatly in favor of someone is yanking my chain here. I'm not saying I don't believe that strange and unusual things happen, I'm just saying that it is super unlikely that something strange and unusual is happening on this video. Try again and get some help from a good illusionist or actually find a genuine freak show to capture.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
For those who realize there are spirits, both good and bad, try finding a copy of The Haunted. It is the true story of a family that was haunted in Pennsylvania back in the 80's, and it is more bizarre and scary than anything I've heard of. Ed and Lorraine Warren are involved in this one. The things that happened to that family are incredible. There were dozens of people who witnessed things and confirm their story.

I found a copy in my used bookstore, not sure if it is still in print, it may be.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Although it seems Ed and Lorraine were always knee deep in controversy, I feel this footage is real. I love this documentary. I even have it saved to my hard drive. Every time I see the part with the child doing her homework at the kitchen table I get creeped out a little. I don't see how the girl could be doing it and I don't see the woman behind her doing it. It's pretty compelling footage in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr Love

i just watched the conjuring. which has ed and loraine in it. that got me to search here.
in the film they took dozens of photographs. if ed and loraine did take those photos, i'd like to see them. will do a yahoo search for them.

the video could be faked. i wasn't there so i can't say for sure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join