It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Above Top Secret? We have a book?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I saw this in my uncle's bookshelf. He loves ufos. Anyway, the book was named "Above Top Secret", and it was a book about ufo conspiraces. Does anyone know what this is?

Sorry if anyone has posted this before.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Yeah this is an old topic
Have a search around

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Yeah,
It's a book about UFOs by Timothy Good... Though I believe that it isn't associated with this website (that is, I think it just happens to have the same name).

The book itself is OK... Though a reasonably good presentation of various UFO events, it is lacking when it comes to skeptical double-checking of facts related to those events. Good brings up many very believable UFO encounters, but includes extraneous -- often sensationalistic -- 'facts' that, on their own, expose the topics at hand to easy debunking. For example, Good mentions that various astronauts have seen UFOs -- Indeed, many have reported unexplained occurences in space -- However, he discredits the idea that astronauts have seen UFOs by including some spurious astronaut-UFO reports in his summaries of them (why attribute a denied UFO report from the moon to Neil Armstrong when other astronauts have openly commented on UFOs?).

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   
The book does not go in depth, but is a good sampler for alot of topics that seem to come up here.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Yar, haven't we had this discussion before?

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Yes, but it's unrealistic to think everyone goes to search before asking a simple question....

As a side note, you'll notice that the Mod only board "Cosmic" corresponds to the security classification believed to be held by those "in the know" about UFOs, according to Good....

new topics

top topics

join