It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan GOP leader wants Paul barred from future debates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
www.mlive.com.../base/news-44/117935695635230.xml&storylist=newsmichigan

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — The chairman of the Michigan Republican Party said Wednesday that he will try to bar Ron Paul from future GOP presidential debates because of remarks the Texas congressman made that suggested the Sept. 11 attacks were the fault of U.S. foreign policy.

Where I don't happen to agree with Ron Paul, I think it is very wrong to attempt to exclude him from future debates. Everyone should be heard and then let the voters decide......

[edit on 17-5-2007 by ferretman2]

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This is sick. They are going to do everything they can to shut him up and spoon feed us their own "candidate". The man answered truthfully and he now is being vilified for it.

Whether you like him or not he should be able to speak his views on how he will run the country.

What this comes down to is: Do you want the president hand picked for you or do you want to be able to make up your own mind and choose yourself.

If you want to choose yourself I highly suggest you join the petition to keep Ron Paul in the debates...Ron Paul RNC Participation Petition

Date May 11, 2007

To the Republican National Committee,

WHEREAS, Michigan party chairman Saul Anuzis has announced a petition of Republican National Committee members asking the Republican National Committee to bar Congressman Ron Paul from future debates due to Congressman Paul’s comments in the second Republican presidential debate that Mr. Anuzis characterizes as "off the wall and out of whack";

WHEREAS, the terrorist motivation comments made by Congressman Paul are, at minimum, supported by the following:

The 911 Commission Report: During the 9/11 Commission hearings, Vice Chair Lee Hamilton asked, "What motivated them to do it?" FBI Special Agent James Fitzgerald answered, "I believe they feel a sense of outrage against the United States. They identify with the Palestinian problem, they identify with people who oppose repressive regimes, and I believe they tend to focus their anger on the United States." 9/11 Commission testimony June 16, 2004

One of the countless expert CIA statements: Former CIA Bin Laden Unit Chief Michael Scheuer has bluntly stated, "The politicians really are at great fault for not squaring with the American people. We're being attacked for what we do in the Islamic world, not for who we are or what we believe in or how we live." Lou Dobbs CNN

Osama Bin Laden statement: In response to President George W. Bush’s statement in an Address to a Joint Session of Congress and to the American People, "They hate ... a democratically elected government. ... They hate our freedoms -- our freedom of religion, our freedom of speech, our freedom to vote and assemble and disagree with each other,”

Bin Laden in a video response stated, "The White House (is) hiding the truth ... the reality is that we are striking them because of their evil and injustice in the whole of the Islamic World, especially in Iraq and Palestine and their occupation of the Land of the Two Holy Sanctuaries (Arabian Peninsula)."

WHEREAS, Congressman Paul’s statements concerning the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of Education spoke to Congressman Paul’s position of reforming and streamlining both organizations to make them more efficient while lessening the expense burden on the U.S. taxpayer – a true conservative Republican position;

WHEREAS, Congressman Paul represents traditional, conservative republican values more so than any Republican candidate;

WHEREAS, the Republican party is losing membership to other parties due to the abandonment of the traditional, conservative republican platform;

WHEREAS, registered Republican voters and American citizens desire to hear Congressman Paul’s message on these issues and others in his bid for president;

BE IT DECLARED, that the undersigned request the Republican National Committee to support fair election procedures, as well as the views and desires of its members and American citizens, by allowing Congressman Ron Paul full participation in all future debates and election events as a Republican National Committee candidate.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

[edit on 17-5-2007 by mecheng]

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This is completely asinine. The party and the media seem to be actively attempting to smear, discredit, and ignore Ron Paul. The misrepresentation of his comment happened within an hour, with Hannity trying to twist what he said into saying America deserved 9/11. Fox News' website said he blamed the attacks on American non-intervention—and they still haven't corrected that.

It's really quite discouraging to see the media playing such a heavy role in deciding who is going to win. They pick the front-runners and essentially knock everyone else out of the race by refusing to give them the same coverage.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Here are the emails for the VIPs with Michigan Republican Party (Top Down). [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]. Note=Contact info pulled down from Webpage. This should be a good start! Pray for Dr. Paul and Aaron Russo.

The Anuzis guy is head problem.

"I was approached by many RNC members who offered to sign our petition to condemn Congressman Paul’s comments about the terrorist attack on 9-11 and shared in my frustration that he was articulating the policies of the Democrats more than those of any Republicans.

I have long respected Congressman Paul’s principle position on many issues, regardless if I ever agreed with any specific proposals or conclusions he had come to. However, his statement on why the terrorists attacked America is so out of the mainstream geo-political thought in the west and is increasingly becoming a distraction versus a supplement to the debate, I think we should just come out and say so.

Congressman Ron Paul does not represent the majority of the Republican Party on foreign policy and his participation in the debate is little more than a distraction.

Fred Thompson (CFT stooge) partisans organized lunch and dinner meetings to discuss the possible candidacy of former Senator Fred Thompson. Many were intrigued, but few ready to commit.

Questions were about the potential late entry…could he raise the money…put together an organization…catch McCain, Romney or Giuliani in any states…yes, folks were intrigued but far from convinced that he would offer a “real alternative”.

We’ll just have to wait and see. At least our friends from Tennessee are all fired up about the possibility?

I urge my fellow RNC members to categorically say “no” to Congressman Paul’s participation and ill-fated attempt to somehow represent “any” wing of the Republican Party. His campaign is all but over."

Saul Anuzis (Michigan GOP Blogg)

I just spoke with a friend who knows the people who work in the Michigan GOP office. He said the office "can't handle the volume" and "don't know what to do". Saul Anuzis's blackberry is flooded with messages, his voicemail is already full, and Ron Paul supporters are starting to find new phone numbers to reach him.
They are totally freaked out. He told me "they decided to stop answering the phones for the rest of the day because right when they hung up with one Ron Paul supporter the phone started to ring with the next. They couldn't get any work done". And "Saul has turned off his blackberry because he couldn't handle the overload".
He kept telling me how surprised they were at the amount of people calling and emailing. They didn't know what was going on or who was behind it all. Total shock.
Let's not let this one die. More phone calls and messages tomorrow. Keep the discussion going at the Facebook group.

(from Ron Paul Students Group)

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by freecon

I just spoke with a friend who knows the people who work in the Michigan GOP office. He said the office "can't handle the volume" and "don't know what to do". Saul Anuzis's blackberry is flooded with messages, his voicemail is already full, and Ron Paul supporters are starting to find new phone numbers to reach him.
They are totally freaked out. He told me "they decided to stop answering the phones for the rest of the day because right when they hung up with one Ron Paul supporter the phone started to ring with the next. They couldn't get any work done". And "Saul has turned off his blackberry because he couldn't handle the overload".
He kept telling me how surprised they were at the amount of people calling and emailing. They didn't know what was going on or who was behind it all. Total shock.
Let's not let this one die. More phone calls and messages tomorrow. Keep the discussion going at the Facebook group.

(from Ron Paul Students Group)

HAHA I love it. Good this should show them that they can't keep the Americans quiet.

I mean what was wrong with Ron Paul's statement that how would we like it if China was over here trying to police us. He spoke the truth and the GOP's hate it. Our troops is stationed in over 130 countries. (Thats what I heard.) Correct me if I'm wrong. The US has no business being in Iraq.

I hope their phones contunue to ring off the hook. It would be one thing if Ron Paul did something wrong and the Americans demanded that he be removed that would be different. This case its the GOP's want him out.

GO Ron GO!!!

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leyla
I mean what was wrong with Ron Paul's statement...

He used his own head instead of the GOP's canned "They hate our freedoms" statement.

It would be funny if they would have asked each candidate the same question:

"What was the reason for Al Queda attacking us on 9/11?"

Candidate 1: "They hate our freedoms"
Candidate 2: "They hate our freedoms"
Candidate 3: "They hate our freedoms"
Candidate 4: "They hate our freedoms"...

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by freecon

If you disagree with what they're doing, sign the petition...Ron Paul RNC Participation Petition

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I signed it. I guess we made an impression too, because the idea has been retracted. Mr. Saul (sp?) is still spinning what Dr. Paul said though. I don't think he can wrap his mind around the notion that he might have been wrong in doing what he did.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng

Originally posted by Leyla
I mean what was wrong with Ron Paul's statement...

He used his own head instead of the GOP's canned "They hate our freedoms" statement.

It would be funny if they would have asked each candidate the same question:

"What was the reason for Al Queda attacking us on 9/11?"

Candidate 1: "They hate our freedoms"
Candidate 2: "They hate our freedoms"
Candidate 3: "They hate our freedoms"
Candidate 4: "They hate our freedoms"...

They attacked us because we were for there bombing Iraq for ten years.
(Can't go around bullying other countries.)
GASP lol. I thought Rudy was gonna have a nervous breakdown.

Well the GOP really did it this time- this stunt by Rudy gave more attention to Ron Paul- I say a few million dollars of free publicity, maybe more. I say this plan majorly backfired. I love it!!

Oh just found this a article from CanadaFreePress regarding Ron Paul.

www.canadafreepress.com...

[edit on 5/19/2007 by Leyla]

ape

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoganCale
This is completely asinine. The party and the media seem to be actively attempting to smear, discredit, and ignore Ron Paul. The misrepresentation of his comment happened within an hour, with Hannity trying to twist what he said into saying America deserved 9/11. Fox News' website said he blamed the attacks on American non-intervention—and they still haven't corrected that.

It's really quite discouraging to see the media playing such a heavy role in deciding who is going to win. They pick the front-runners and essentially knock everyone else out of the race by refusing to give them the same coverage.

this is a good post and I agree 100%. I noticed the smear job right off the bat with carl cameron on fox news and then that drone hannity started it's like they went into automatic propaganda spin mode. it's pathetic how they choose candidates for the american people and constantly force feed 7 days a week with no coverage of any other candidates who actually have good messages. the agenda has never been more clear. I can't wait for the CNN debates.. fox news.. we report, we decide...

the US needs to rethink it's entire foreign policy and domestic. to claim we have been fighting a war on terror for the past 6 years is unfathomable to me considering we have ignored our borders that whole time and left them wide open. it's intellectual dishonestly plain and simple. ron paul is right we are almost 60 trillion in the hole over the next 40 years and we are being subsidized 3 billion a day by foreigners because of spending. we cannot keep this up our country will collapse if something is not done. this new amnesty bill will just put a bigger strain on social security and welfare.

[edit on 19-5-2007 by ape]

top topics

join