It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is this NOT murder ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   

A JEALOUS husband who cut his wife's throat because she had started a relationship with another man, will face a retrial after a jury could not decide whether the killing was manslaughter or murder.

No verdict

That's my cousin who's husband killed her. I did mention it when it happened here somewhere.
There are no words to describe how absolutely LIVID I am after learning of the results of the trial. I just got home yesterday and was told there would be a retrial in the case and was speechless when I learned this -

After nearly 16 hours of deliberations the jury could not reach an unanimous verdict and Justice Ann Lyons discharged them. Abusoud was remanded in custody pending a retrial.

Earlier, after 10 hours and asking for redirections on the definitions of ``intent`` and ``provocation`` the jury told Justice Lyons they could not agree.

What kind of people did they have sitting in on this jury ? Imbeciles ?
After 10 hours ? The need was felt to ask what "intent" and "provocation" mean ???????

*sigh*

Just read the rest of the article to understand how disturbed I and my family are of this.

The blatant lies this man told of their troubled marriage to his friends and co-workers should be an obvious sign of what kind of man this is. He is a monster, a selfish motherless monster and a damn liar!
How dare they even contemplate manslaughter ?

He told his kids to go brush their teeth and get ready for school after they had just heard him kill their mother!!!

This was taken from another article which basically outlines what this one has but with transcript from Hassan.

"All that is in my mind is that she is going to take my kids and is sleeping with that man," Abusoud told police in his chilling confession.

"My mind blacked out, I didn't know what to do.

"I went in the kitchen, grabbed two knives and went inside the room.

"All I could see is black in one eye. All I remember is me on top of her, cutting her neck and the kids outside crying.

"I finished and the kids were crying [at the door]. I said 'Don't, don't, don't, don't come in.'

"I tried to calm them down and then I take them to school."

Hoda had been stabbed multiple times in the head and body and her throat was cut "from ear to ear" in a sawing motion, according to prosecutors.

Saying he 'blacked out'

And they can't decide if he MEANT it ? The way he mutilated her body was what ? unintentional ?

Please. Spare me.

Using his children, who he constantly abused mentally, as his defence for killing her has surely earnt him an eternally burning seat in hell... and that should provide some comfort. But it doesn't.

I'm mad as all hell. Can someone explain to me how the hell this happened ?

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
killing is killing and one is always responsible for their own action regardless.

I'm sorry to hear about this Jaded, too bad they can't send him over here to Texas, the state excuted someone last night.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Thanks lysergic, I'm just at a loss right now, trying to understand how it came to this when it seems so open and shut.

I would gladly pay for all costs involved to transport him to face a trial in Texas.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Oh, I am so sorry this happened to your family, especially her kids! The justice system is not only blind but senile. A defendant gets a good lawyer and the lawyer does his legal tap dance and sleight of hand and hey! bingo! presto! someone like this gets away with cold blooded murder.

I am trapped in the family court system which is just as nonsensical and stupid and refuses to protect my children or me from my crazy ex. I'm just glad he hasn't tried to kill me (yet).

My heart goes out to you. I hope that the next jury can see through the shenanigans of his obviously excellent defense attorney.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Sweet Jesus,
I don't even know what to say. True sorrow for your loss, and prayers going out to the poor children. Where are the children? How are they?
I've said it before - the legal system is broken. How could something like this happen? Beyond comprehension.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The problem with today's society is people take marriage and comittment so lightly they don't even know who they're getting involved with.

This is truly sick, and I feel for the kids.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
So a crime of passion is excusable? If I get mad and decide to drive down the road in a rage and I kill someone even on accident and it was because of my blind rage...sorry I'm still guilty of murder.

I feel for your family. THis is very unfair to you and everybody involved. So sorry this happened.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The husband was evil and crazy (in the non-legal sense), and I believe he should be convicted of murder. The problem isn't the legal system, but the fact that there are far too many equally evil and crazy people around. All he needed was to get a few fellow crazies on the jury and to them his action was completely justified so they would never vote to convict.

It's politically correct to say that women are equal to men, but there are still a surprising number of men who quietly don't believe it. They still see women as chattel, property as defined in the bible, and they are justified in doing ANYTHING they want to THEIR property.

It's sick, and I hope it changes soon, but I'm not too optimistic.

Occam

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Occam,

you are so right. Women are equal to men, they are not property, they have feelings, and if anybody is being mistreated by their relationship partner than they have a right to leave for their own emotional health.

F all people who think they can physically abuse anybody, for any reason.

Sorry buddy that you got upset that your wife decided to leave you because you were a mental case who couldn't control his sudden temper, but in my world you doen't get excused for your behavior simply because you felt hurt or was in a bad mood.

WIfe=person your supposed to love, not property.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Jade I'm so sorry. This is unreal. I cannot imagine your pain. Manslaughter is killing someone accidently. Murder is killing someone on purpose.

Let me get on that jury and I will vote guilty.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Thank you for your thoughts and comments everyone, it means alot.

The children are now with their maternal grandmother here in Melbourne (they lived south of Brisbane) and have adjusted as well as can be expected. We're all very proud of them. They are all doing well in school and have many friends and have all their family here for all the love and support they need through this.

I'll be seeing them tomorrow at a BBQ at my Aunt's house

I will be keeping a close eye on this and will report back. Hopefully there will be some good news in all this.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I feel for you and your family. I believe in Karma, meaning that everyone's actions return to them, sooner or later, it makes my life a little bit easier, do you believe in it? If not, I think you should, and I'm not religious or nothing, but it seems to always go that way.

Example: A guy shot another guy when the other guy begged for mercy. He went to jail for 6 years. A little later, he got shot dead too, and also was begging for mercy.

You should always hope that justice is served, but even if it isn't, just be sure that it will eventually come back to him.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
ImJaded.

I'm so sorry this thing happened.
Piss poor excuse for a man.
And now, this insult, added to injury. It's pathetic.
There are a lot of people pulling, for you, and your family.
You keep us updated, ok?

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
You guys are great, thank you so much
This is really helping, I am glad I posted this now. Was a little hesitant but I simply had to get this off my chest.
Everyone is understandably shocked but I am taking this hard. I guess they already went through the initial horror when they first heard of this and now are just really sad about it. I know I'll calm down eventually. Yes I do believe in Karma, I just really wanted him to hurt for a bit there, at least just a little, you know ?

I was trying to wish it on him but now I will put a bit of faith in all that is good in this world and just hope to see justice.

Bless.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Jade... That is completely horrible. I'm so sorry this has happened to your family.

I can't stand men with that mentality.. that women are property and nothing more. It makes me sick. I hope he gets sent to prison and then made someone's b****. No one deserves to be killed for trying to find happiness.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
well, this looks like an open and shut case says the first guy then all the others say what are you going to do with the $10000 you were given from the murderer.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Imjaded,

I'm so very sorry for you and your family especially those poor kids. Clearly this is murder in the first degree. I can't begin to imagine how any sane person couldn't see it. What a travesty. Please keep us updated on developments.

You and your family will be in my prayers.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by gallopinghordes
Imjaded,

I'm so very sorry for you and your family especially those poor kids. Clearly this is murder in the first degree. I can't begin to imagine how any sane person couldn't see it. What a travesty. Please keep us updated on developments.

You and your family will be in my prayers.

you are right, this is Murder in the first degree, i am seventeen years old, i take law class in high school and i KNOW it is murder in the first degree, now this is why there was no decision by the jury

Originally posted by outrider
well, this looks like an open and shut case says the first guy then all the others say what are you going to do with the $10000 you were given from the murderer.

i bet this is what there doing right now

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I'm very sorry for your loss, but that is the justice system. The reason things like this happen is because the taking of life in these cases is often clouded by the fact it could be called a 'Crime of Passion'. In these cases, murder may become manslaughter as it's believed the defendant was not acting in their right mind.

Don't we all love the justice system?

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Thanks guys,
I have calmed down and am just saddened by it all now. I understand how the law works, it's just so damn frustrating isn't it!

I take solace now in knowing God will deal with him when his time comes ... i will just still hope it's a worse fate then any man can hand him.

Bless.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join