It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas and Fatah Killing each other

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
How are the Israelis suppose to make peace with such babaric peoples? They cant even live together themselves without killing each other! Looks like they are also executing each other as well. No wonder the Middle East is in the shape its in when such ignorance and barbarism is running rampant but it just seems to be par for the course for that breed.

www.jpost.com...

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
How are the Israelis suppose to make peace with such babaric peoples?

It is Israel who is instigating this bloody conflict!

What we are witnessing between Fatah and Hamas soldiers isn't any kind of internal power-sharing paramilitary disagreement, it's a war-by-proxy.

Both Israel and tha US have been selling arms and bullets by the container-load to Mahmoud Abbas' Fatah organisation since last year with the promise of 'state recognition' if he succeeds in destroying Hamas and taking the reins of power in Palestine

U.S. & Israel: "Let Fatah buy guns, please"

Israel allows guns across border to support Fatah leader against rivals

Israel allows £6million arms delivery to Abbas' forces

[edit on 17-5-2007 by citizen smith]

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Oh wow...now Hamas is threatenuing suicide attacks on Israel. How can you make peace with folks who are willing to blow themselves up? How can any rational and civilized people deal with such extreme barbarism?

www.jpost.com...

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Wow........a tie for the record......it only took 1 post to blame the US and Israel.

Thoughout history 'they' have constantly slaughtered each other, it's due to the 'tribal' life-style....it's seems 'they' are incapable of evolving into a more civilased society.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Hamas fires 50 rockets into Israel and then is perturbed, threatens suicide bombers and retaliation? Hamas spokes-terrorist says the the "zionists have declared war"? What the hell do they call daily kassam attacks? I hope the IDF takes the gloves off and inflicts true hell on the Gaza Strip.

[edit on 17-5-2007 by princeofpeace]

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
As has been pointed out, this conflict predates the creation the state of Israel, at least its current incarnation. Of the two, Fatah and Hamas, Fatah holds the most promise of actually representing the needs of the Palestinian people. Hamas' reason for existance is to cause as much trouble as they can for Israel. Not that Fatah is a bunch of angels, not hardly, they just are vastly preferable to Hamas.

Israel is showing a remarkable amount of restraint, and I hope they continue to...a forlorn hope I realize. This is a golden oppourtunity for Fatah, to show themselves to be a viable option for Hamas' smoke and mirror public relations in the Palestinian territory. Can they take advantage? Time only will tell.

There are some IDF generals waiting to see...Israel's patience is very limited.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This conflict does not predate Israel - how does a fight between two groups created to fight the Israelis "predate Israel"? That makes absolutely no sense.

The Hamas rocket attacks are widely regarded as an attempt to encourage Israeli action in Gaza, to unite Fatah and Hamas in a fight against Israel as a means to get them to stop fighting one another.

It's also fairly clear that right now, neither organization's leadership is entirely in control of their fighters.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
Wow........a tie for the record......it only took 1 post to blame the US and Israel.

If you took the time to read through the news articles I linked in my post, plus the follow-on links from those sites, you'll see that Yes, the US and Israel is wholly to blame for creating a deadly proxy war in the occupied territories.

The Knesset has stated several times previously that it wants ONLY to do business with Fatah, because Abbas and his cronies are willing to ignore the democratic public vote of the masses in pursuit of their own little seat of power

Hamas fires 50 rockets into Israel...

As for the Qassam rockets fired into Sderot...It just positively reeks of a set-up to shape international opinion against Hamas to justify a final 'gloves-off' assault...can it be proven that it wasn't Hamas that launched that salvo? It doesn't matter because the leap to that conclusion was made in many peoples minds already thanks to the daily conditioning of the goggle-box

Turn your TV's off and do some critical-thinking people!

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Quote: "As for the Qassam rockets fired into Sderot...It just positively reeks of a set-up to shape international opinion against Hamas to justify a final 'gloves-off' assault...can it be proven that it wasn't Hamas that launched that salvo? "

Paranoid much? I bet you believe in Chemtrails too. Can it be proven that it was NOT Hamas? I bet it can be proven that it WAS.

[edit on 17-5-2007 by princeofpeace]

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Critical thinking is blaming the Israelis for this? Hmmm...

Hamas is the one launching the rockets, they're taking credit for it for crying out loud.

Blame Israel when warranted, they've plenty to be blamed for. Blame Hamas and Fatah when warranted too, they've done even more.

Critical thinking indeed...try some yourself.

The conflict itself does predate the formation of the state of Israel, the names may have changed, but not the excuses. Hell, this particular fight goes back centuries, or at least the stated excuses do.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   
This is an excellent strategy that the U.S. has come up with, instead of sending our soldiers to fight against these terrorist groups, they just set them up against each other so that may kill each other off. Brilliant...I applaud whoever came up with this.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
This is an excellent strategy that the U.S. has come up with, instead of sending our soldiers to fight against these terrorist groups, they just set them up against each other so that may kill each other off. Brilliant...I applaud whoever came up with this.

and to think its the same very tactics that has caused the most problems for the US, by arming groups like these for its agenda they have always turned into a thorn for the US by attacking US intrests and its allies

i too applaud the moron who thinks these ideas up without looking at the long run

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   
They will cancel each other out eventually, and it would be the easiest way for the U.S. to handle these groups indirectly. The U.S. would be forced into more international politicial commotion if it were to confront these groups directly, because not everyone sees them as terrorists. Now if they are set up in this manner they will simply wither away; and Israel is there to make sure that happens.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
like alquida and other groups canceled each other out?
jesus christ and there i thought people learnt from their mistakes in the past and tried to avoid them not repeat the same mistakes

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   

The conflict itself does predate the formation of the state of Israel, the names may have changed, but not the excuses. Hell, this particular fight goes back centuries, or at least the stated excuses do.

Could you elaborate?

What "particular fight" has been going on for centuries?
The parties involved in this particular fight didn't exist before the late 20th century.

Anyway, frankly, I hope Hamas get their behinds kicked.

I'm sympathetic to the Palestinians far more than I am to the Israelis, but I'll take the secular (if corrupt) Fatah over the medievalist religious fanatics in Hamas any day.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Critical thinking is blaming the Israelis for this? Hmmm...
Hamas is the one launching the rockets, they're taking credit for it for crying out loud.

OK, I hadn't read that Hamas had taken responsibility for the launches when I wrote my previous post, so I accept your point, however, what I did read was that Hamas were attempting to incite the IDF with rocket attacks so they would invade Gaza and other areas with overwhelming force, thereby uniting the factions against a common enemy ('the enemy of my enemy is my friend' strategy).

The reason why Hamas and Fatah are fighting in the first place is due to the US and Israel stating that they will ONLY deal with Fatah NO MATTER WHAT and have funded Abbas' goons to the tune of over £6million in arms transfers (that we know of) shipped quietly from Egypt to take the fight to the streets of Palestine to eradicate Hamas' soldiers and ultimately Hamas' public influence.

This is not a new strategic plan, the escalation in the fight between Hamas and Fatah had been going on since the Lebanon conflict of last year (and before)

Abbas has been promised his place of power in the 'New Palestine Plan' on the condition that he and his paramilitaries get rid of Hamas...Fatah has the backing and goodwill of the western nations, and damned if he's going to bite the hand that feeds him

To quote a line from 'The Dogs of War': "What are you doing? This country has been bought and paid-for!"

Paranoid much? I bet you believe in Chemtrails too.

PoP, If you can't debate the issue without resorting to petty personal insults, then don't bother at all, it does nothing for your reputation except tarnish it. Thx.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Armed conflict by Fatah soldiers has now spread to Lebanon with recent reports of at least 40 killed.

Fighting between Lebanese troops and Islamist gunmen from a Palestinian refugee camp has killed at least 40 people in Tripoli, northern Lebanon.

Some 15 fighters from the radical Fatah Islam group and 23 Lebanese soldiers died in intense battles, reports said.

At least two civilians were also killed and a further 40 reportedly hurt in the worst internal fighting Lebanon has seen since the civil war ended in 1990.

BBC News

It seems somewhat fishy to me that Fatah would take on Lebanese forces as well as Hamas within a matter of days. The Western powers have a vested interest in getting a proxy organisation to do their fighting for them so a deniability of involvement can be maintained, especially after the bloody conflict in Southern Lebanon last summer.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
It sounds like it was just an isolated incident-i wouldnt read too much into it. The little buzz going on over there will calm down in a few days.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Could be as you say, just an isolated fire-fight incident, but something just doesn't seem right about the 'bigger picture'

The questions in my mind are:

Who gains from Fatah fighting Hamas?
Who gains from Fatah fighting Lebanese Army?
Who is being backed by who, and what is at stake...what is to be gained?

Answers on a postcard, please.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Supposedly the Syrians are backing the Fatah that is in Lebanon fighting the Lebanese troops. I thought Hamas was supported by Iran and Syria so why are they fighting Fatah who is also supported by Syria but fighting the Pro-US Sinora Government of Lebanon?

Im telling yopu, those folks are so barbaric that they dont care who is backed by who, they just want to fight! And if they cant get the Israeli's to fight, then by God they will just fight each other because thats all they know how to do. Obviously rationale and intelligence escape them so negotiations can never be had with these peoples.

Boycott Arabs

top topics

<<   2 >>

join