It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Teachings Ban Introduced in Poland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Gay Teachings Ban Introduced in Poland

www.365gay.com

(Warsaw) Education Minister Roman Giertych unveiled draft legislation Wednesday that would make it a criminal offence to "promote homosexual propaganda" in schools.

The government has threatening to bring in the legislation for nearly a year despite objections from Polish LGBT rights groups and from the European Union.

If passed the measure would essentially censor all discussion of homosexuality in schools and other academic institutions. LGBT organizations would be barred from schools and "teachers who reveal their homosexuality will be fired from work."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
jurist.law.pitt.edu

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
In a time where more and more countries and governments start to acknowledge the rights of people that were born gay, it's easy to become optimistic about the position of gay people in the world, but not all countries are developping for the best.
Poland seems to be one of these countries.

Poland's governing Law and Justice Party positions itself as a champion of Roman Catholic values, and Prime Minister Jaroslaw Kaczynski recently said that it was "not in the interest of any society to increase the number of homosexuals."

What this means in practice? Legislation to have teachers found to be openly gay in Polish schools fired, as proposed by Education Minister Miroslaw Orzechowski.
This comment led to the European Parliament announcing it would launch an investigation into whether Poland was violating any EU anti-discrimination laws.

I feel sorry for the LGBT community in Poland, and hope they find the strength to keep on resisting the discrimination and abuse they encounter as a result of their Roman Cathlolic government.

www.365gay.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-5-2007 by Jakko]

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Gay is learned, not born. I think gays having children and teaching gay stuff should be banned. Also some people think God Hates Fags.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by detonator
Gay is learned, not born. I think gays having children and teaching gay stuff should be banned. Also some people think God Hates Fags.

Yes I saw this website and I find it pretty disgusting.
I am gay (orientation, not sex) myself, and I was born like this, I can not make myself straight(orientation, not sex).
If I could turn myself straight I would have done it a long time ago.

There's an interesting article about the choice issue over here:
seattletimes.nwsource.com...

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Just to keep this thread from derailing, I started another thread about choice vs born discussions:
www.abovepolitics.com...

new topics

top topics

join