It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

direct route?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I live out in the country so far from a town I have to drive 30 minutes for a loaf of bread, so why is it that when I go outside I can literally count 4-5 planes flying over in a ten minute period of time all day long and the same at night? Most of the time there are two to three planes passing or along side one another in the sky anytime I look outside.

Most of the time they are so high up the noise is not too bad, my concern is for my health, the exhausts from these planes are falling down on us. I would not be concerned if it were not so many of them.

Its at least one every five minutes, in an hours time thats 12 and in a 24 hr. period thats 288 planes flying over my head, (actually I think its three times that many, I am going to actually count them one day), in a weeks time its 2016 and in a years time, 104832.

All of these chemicals from the exhaust is falling somewheres and since I am directly under them I am thinking I'm getting a lot of it, most everyone around me has breathing problems, I've tried to find some research on the health effects from jet exhausts but can't find anything. Anyone know if there is any research on this?

I am thinking I am living in an area that is a direct route to one of the major airports, during the shut down of planes during the 911, I actually saw at least one flight go over during this time, I figured someone had to have them on their radar so I did not call and report it, I figured it was a government flight.

[edit on 17-5-2007 by goose]

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
C'mon people I am seriously worried here, is that not a lot of planes in one tiny airspace? Anyone know what is in those exhaust coming out and raining down on me and my home on a daily basis? I did find this and it seems sulfur and soot and sulferic acid might be a little something to worry about.

www.sciencenews.org...

In flights over the central United States, the Rocky Mountains, and the Pacific Ocean, the NASA team measured emissions of sulfur and soot, with the aim of understanding how these affect high-altitude clouds. The scientists also analyzed the makeup of condensation trails, or contrails, those long, straight clouds often created by jets. NASA, ever eager for a catchy acronym, labeled the mission SUCCESS, for Subsonic Aircraft: Contrail and Cloud Effects Special Study.

Engines can also stimulate cloud growth indirectly, by way of tiny aerosol particles within the exhaust. These aerosols-droplets of sulfuric acid and specks of soot-serve as seeds. They provide surfaces upon which water molecules can condense or freeze to create cloud particles, explains Eric J. Jensen, a participant in SUCCESS and a researcher at NASA's Ames Research Center in Mountain View, Calif.

[edit on 18-5-2007 by goose]

join