It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for the war peddlers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I haven't been keeping up with the ignorance lately.

Whose winning the war?

Which war you ask?

Whatca got?
Terror
Poverty
Drugs
Communism

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Simply put:

The Winners

"Terrorist"
Poverty
Drug pushers

The Loser(s)
Communists

"Terrorist" are still blowing up things and causing fear. We still have those warning levels that we use to show when we think something bad will happen. There is still the fear that something could happen, and there is no shortage on speculation of when something will happen.

People are still living in poverty, in fact a great deal. It's such a huge issue that in almost any business class I've taken, it always comes up whether it be world poverty or US poverty. Even though minimum wage is going to go up in the US, that still will not fix the problem, in fact, it will probably end up further hindering it. When we raise the minimum wage, it in turn will then raise prices everywhere; so we could pay everyone $20 as the minimum wage, but that just means everything else would go up in price as producers and manufactures are now paying more for their supplies. I think it is nearly 44 million Americans do not have health care and in many cases, the people who are in this situation have to choose between buying the necessities, such as food, paying rent and the like, or paying for their medication. Fixing poverty is something that would be incredibly difficult to do, no matter how many good ideas we as people come up with.

We will never win the war on drugs, ever. Most people in prison are in there because of drug usage, not drug selling. We are putting users in prison and leaving the sellers on the streets; this does not solve the problem. The government is also "rumored" to be running the drugs, and while I believe this, and I think it makes sense, it can not be proved by me. If the government wanted to stop drugs coming in to the country we would have strickter boarder controls and sellers would go to jail instead of users. I did a speech over why we should legalize all drugs; I basically said that many of the drugs are not bad for you, however, that is if you do not abuse them. If you abuse them then yes there will be problems, but that is when you put people in rehab first and then if the problem continues, then jail. Marijuana has never killed anyone from just using it, but it is the reason most people caught with. I believe the head of the FDA has even said Marijauna is better for you than most of the foods people eat. Heroin and Cocaine kill as many people a year as Aspirin does, roughly 2000. Heroin is safer as an anesthetic than most drugs used in it's place; this is supposedly common medical knowledge. This could solve a lot of problems relating to crime, and it could maybe solve some of the poverty issues in this country. I know a lot of people will diagree on the drug thing, but it would solve many things; like taking the money we spend on the war on drugs and spending it on the poor, or on schools or other issues that are lacking in America.

Communism still exists, but it seems kinda like small pox, only in remote parts of the world. From my view point, the world seems to be mainly in a free economy system.

new topics

join