It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange incident last night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   
While I am no stranger to the Alien/UFO boards, I have only ventured into this board once before now. I had an incident last night that I need some input on, as I'm not quite sure what to make of it.

My wife normally goes to bed around 10pm , so she had been asleep for around four hours. My usual routine is to get a jump start on work, browse ATS, play xbox. . etc, and last night was right on par with the norm. So around 2am I turned off the TV, turned off all the downstairs lights and made my way upstairs to the master bedroom where my wife and dog were sound asleep. Keep in mind that it is completely dark, but because I have lived in the house for about four years, you tend to know where you are going in the dark. We also keep a box fan in the window for noise, and we like the room on the cold side. I also always leave the master bedroom door cracked about five inches so my little dog can get out if she needs to while I am downstairs, but close it when I go to bed.

So after walking up the stairs I turn to the left to open the door to the bedroom and instead of it gently opening without almost any effort, the handle slipped through my hands (cant explain how) and the door closed shut. I was thinking "crap, I hope I didnt wake her up". So I slowly opened the door and listened for about five seconds to hear if I disturbed her. Nothing, so I opened the door wider to make my way in. Now because of tbe box fan, a small amt. of light makes its way through the window but not enough for me to see anything but faint shadows in the room. I get through the door and gently close it behind me when I notice across the room, about ten feet in front of me there is an outline, or shadow of what looked like a person or figure. The first thing I thought was, well. . .looks like she was up going to the bathroom, and was already up. . maybe I didnt wake her. Well, I didnt want to talk to her since Im sure she would have been half asleep, so I just walked towards the shadow and noticed that it didnt move as I got closer.

I suddenly felt a rush of energy go through my body as I went past it (about six inches away from it) and noticed that it actually sounded like something was standing there. It didnt make noise, but you know when you close your eyes and walk past something solid you can just "tell" that there is something there? Well, that feeling. . As I passed by it and climbed into bed I was hoping to god that I didnt feel my wife in bed. . but there she was, sound asleep. My heart was beating fast, and knew that there was something

[edit on 17-5-2007 by amongus]

[edit on 17-5-2007 by amongus]

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
VERY different going on. I dont scare easy at all, but this was the first time I was literally freaked out of my head. My heart was pounding wondering what the hell I just walked either past or through. I peered into the room once I was in bed and took a while for for my eyes to adjust. Once they did, I couldnt see a thing. But I KNOW what I felt, and have never heard of anything like this before. Ghost? Strange energy? I dont know where to start. . .

I also forgot to mention that about 20 minutes before I went to bed, I could hear the floor crack from downstairs at what would be opposite end of the house compared to the master bedroom. I remember thinking that it was strange, since our room was the only one that had floor cracking issues.

Dont know if that means anything, but it was two distinct cracking sounds in the floor. . which usually means someone is walking on the floor. At least thats the issue we have on our floor in the master bedroom.

Has anyone had an incident like this happen to them before? Im still kinda weirded out by the event. .

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Sounds like a shadow person, never saw one. But there are plenty of topics, just scrol down the list of topics...

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisDeemian
Sounds like a shadow person, never saw one. But there are plenty of topics, just scrol down the list of topics...

But I thought that shadow people only were associated with older places. My house is almost four years old in a new development.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Okay, for some reason this being a "shadowperson" never entered my mind. I would have searched for previous threads, but didnt know what to search for! My apologies if this has been debated to death already.

If anything, its yet another strange example of what might be these entities. never thought I'd experience something like this though.

Will update if I experience again. .

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   
You should ask your wife if she's been having strange dreams or suffering some kind of entity attacks while she sleeps. it sounds to me like it might've been a malevolent entity of some kind that wasn't quite done with your wife when you got there, and pushed the door shut to buy itself a little time/confusion.

then again, it could've been the fan (or dog) pushing the door shut, and maybe your 'shadow person' was the shadow from the drapes flapping in the breeze or something... you never know. it could be something supernatural, or even malevolent, or it could be totally mundane. I'd still ask your wife about it. strange dreams, the sensation of being touched in her sleep, maybe sleep paralysis (the old hag thing), etc.

if you ascertain that there's some kind of a malevolent entity in your house, there are a lot of purifying rituals and such you can use to combat it, so don't panic. you just wanna get all your facts straight first and foremost.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
That is a very scary event indeed.. But may I ask what is a "shadow Person"?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Permapoop
That is a very scary event indeed.. But may I ask what is a "shadow Person"?

Wikipedia says it best - What is a shadow person? (Click this link)

It's commonly seen from sleep paralysis sufferers also.
edit on 25-11-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I've only experienced "shadow people" once in my life, when I had sleep paralysis. I opened my eyes and looked around to see numerous dark figures moving around the room, and there was a strong feeling that they were malevolent. Of course they disappeared as soon as I fully woke up so I don't think it was anything other than my mind freaking out.

But since you were fully awake, I can't say! I've had memories become jumbled up from the period right before I went to sleep and waking up for a few minutes before falling back asleep; I couldn't recall if something happened before the first sleep or the second.

top topics

join