It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

symbols everywhere

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by spirit7
Masons light, is that an eye with a crown at the top of your avatar? What does that mean? Does it mean that it's the all seeing eye of your grand architect? You don't have to tell me if you don't want to but if so then I would like to hear it in your own words. Not a link.

It's actually a rose. The entire symbol is that of the 14th degree of the Scottish Rite of Masonry (the 14th is one of the more important ones). The rose prefigures the symbol of the 18th degree (the next really important one), which is the Rose Croix.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
If I could butt into this conversation for a moment and bring up the OP's original premise for a second...

I'm an artist. My entire life I have drawn pictures to convey things I could not put into words, or else just tinkered around with different conceptual designs and placement of random images in proximity to one another.

Everytime I show a piece to someone that's a bit "abstract" - and by that I mean, not a fixed and clear subject - everyone will always assign their own associations to various elements of the drawing.

For some, they fixate on smaller things - the geometric placement of objects in the design, some focus on the imagery and claim I'm using "symbolism to convey a hidden meaning" etc...when in reality, all I was doing was trying to make an asthetic placement of objects and focal points. Something new and original, I had hoped.

I'm not discrediting anything any contributor has said here, it's quite frankly, not my place - all I am getting at is that these "tail lights", "corporate logos" and various other mass produced symbols are designed with a simple use of symmetry, and whenever that technique is employed - there's going to be some mathmatical considerations apparent.

Even when learning to draw the human form in some techniques, the head is oval, the top half of the body is given a "triangluar" frame of reference, as well as the lower half of the body if the legs are to be greater distance to the shoulders.

Does this mean I'm secretly plotting the overthrow of mankind when I begin a sketch? Of course not...

Does this mean my avatar incriminated me from the beginning due to preconcived notions of symbolic intent on the part of other men and women we have never met who have employed similar designs?

I hope not.

I get U2U's every day asking about the symbol in my avatar and what it means, and quite honestly, it's a completely mutable symbol. It can mean several things, it can mean whatever your associations tell you...but it never hurts to ask the artist directly WHY they chose to employ certain techniques, ratios, images before making assumptions of their intent.

Just because our subjective viewpoint leads us in one direction, doesn't make a symbol completely Universal.

The Mazda logo mentioned earlier - yes, it looks like an Owl to some, I've heard others claim viligantly that it's a seagull. Others still just think it's an aesthetic design.

That's the beauty of art - it is a wonderful chance to explore our own psyches, our own reflections and associations.

It just pains me whenever someone assumes a small piece of art is indicative of something sinister and evil - regardless of where it came from, or where it is employed, and by whom.

And when it comes to Advertising - remember, they're trying to get you to buy something. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if "occultic" representations are being used to target one market, yet simplified and congenial enough to appeal to other target demographics as well.

It is not what we may WANT, (or even LIKE, for that matter) and if enough associations with a particular symbol turn out to be negative - that design and ad will never make it through the decision process.

It's also why we have competitive car manufacturers. The CHOICE is still in the hands of the consumer to purchase or not to purchase.

Apparently, enough people are more worried about performance, comfort, style, convenient cup holders and getting to work on time than whether or not the company logo is "secretly demonic".

For most, it isn't even an issue.

And from where I sit, and all the hubaloo I have heard throughout my life on the issue of "occultic companies showing themselves through secret symbols" and the people who spread such propaganda, I ask thus:

Why is it so important to try and turn a commonly seen icon into a symbol of Satan? Why would a Christian of any sort turn people away from the beautiful things in this world and make them start worrying whether or not their Dodge Ram, Mitsubishi or Mazda is going to drive them straight to hell one day?

Shouldn't Christians be focusing their attentions on God's glory? I mean, even if we like it or not, "Satan" and "Lucifer" are part of God's Plan, and correct me if I'm wrong, but who are we to judge His Creations?

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who devotes that much time and invested interested in demonology and the works and influence of Lucifer is really just adding fuel to hells fires.

I just don't get it, but that might have something to do with the fact that I'm a Ford Girl.

Anyway - thanks for letting me toss that out there.

And if my avatar is still putting anyone off, please U2U me. Thanks.

[edit on 12-8-2007 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
The entire symbol is that of the 14th degree of the Scottish Rite of Masonry (the 14th is one of the more important ones).

ML,

I'll go even further than that. I'd go so far as to say that the 14th Degree is actually THE most important Degree in the Scottish Rite. It's teachings are unsurpassed.

As you, of course, know, meetings of the local Scottish Rite are held in the 14th Degree, despite the fact that everyone present is either a 32nd Degree member, a 32nd Degree K.C.C.H. or a 33rd Degree member.

But the Supreme Council meetings are ALSO held in the 14th Degree. While the Supreme Council is opened in the 33rd Degree with only 33rd Degree members present, it is then called to the 14th Degree and the 32nd and KCCH members admitted to the meeting.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Good post General Eyes. I'm going to stop worrying about Freemasonry anymore and just go about my business of being a Lutheran. So my in-laws are Freemasons, more power to them - ha ha. I may end up reading the Morals and Dogma book one of these days but for now you are right, I have other impending issues going on in my life right now, like trying to find a job.

Peace out yo's.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   
There's a freemason symbol on the side of my high school.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnstoppableForce
There's a freemason symbol on the side of my high school.

It's most likely on the cornerstone of your high school.
One of the things that a Grand Lodge will do is lay the cornerstone for certain kinds of buildings. It's a very impressive ceremony. My old home-town High School and the Courthouse were designed by the same architect and built the same year and both had a Masonic Cornerstone ceremony.

While digging through the history of my old home-town church (built in 1924) the minutes said that the cornerstone had been laid by the Grand Lodge of Free & Accepted Masons...although the cornerstone itself had no such indication.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
ok after reading through most of the replies after my last ill clarify myself even more.

A: symbols like 3 spheres on tail lights represent pyramids, you cannot say to me masons do not use the pyramid in thier symbology. Same with the snake that eats its tail, one of our own members here who is a mason uses it. the cube, the sphere, and the pyramid along with the lotus, bee and many other symbolsare utilized by either masonry or an offshoot of it in their images.

B: I relate the police tazer incident with alex jones claiming police were flashing masonic signs at him to harrass him..maybe not either way I can believe it because there is so much corruption and greed, and it is a popular rumor that many either join the masons or go to a church to network for money, and the betterment of self is within a false context of direction.

C: The reason I am angered at masons is because the system itself I believe is a deceptive trap, to confuse, rather than bring clarity. The perceived clarity it brings to me is a lie.

D: If I sound bigotted or hitlerish, i dont mean to, of course I have no desire to harm anyone, just to change their minds. Sometimes people are assumingly so stubborn I make assumptions too soon, if i am wrong, then I retract something. But just saying something isnt so doesnt convince me after the years of apperent brainwashing ive given myself.

E: I know for a fact masons run the cities, and manipulate laws for their corporate benefit. How is that fair, how is that democracy? They secretly promote in thier symbology the eating of a psychedelicmushroom. So they can, but the populace must be told lies and that its wrong because of more lies..

F: Pop culture hides their communications and brainwashing in music, tv, movies and no one can argue that. Pick a title, any title and it will either be for or against secret societies.

G:Lucifer, no matter how hard you want to believe it, is not a light bringer. I have done mushrooms, and in high school dabled in occultism. I dodnt go far because Jesus saved me. And I fought a spiritual battle for years in my own head over what set of beleifs would set my path. Lucifer to me, symbolizes senseless revenge and destruction, lies and pain, and will always. Jesus represents the suffering it takes to escape that thinking.

H: The proliferation of symbols everywhere leads me to think the group has been seized by self delusion, and forsaking the whole "know thyself " for "take for thyself"

I: I have a cheap chinese relic that is a mirror. On the back in the shape of a human, which doubles as a mushroom, made out of chinese letters it says know thyself. On the front, a mirror with a stargate motif, an inside circle, then an octagon with three lines, and another circle, with constalations on the outside of the octagonal shape. This ultimately makes me believe in a space race conspiracy in the masonic order.

J: Im not a bigot, I dont like liars and deceivers. I dont like it when im wrong and end up being one. I generally try not to offend people, but withmasonry, after seeing past its kindness through into the dark inner core. I realize that power is merely control and slander. As our system so eloquently shows us.

[edit on 8-9-2007 by mastermind77]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I think a little further clarification is required here, from one who knows to one who does not.

Originally posted by mastermind77
symbols like 3 spheres on tail lights represent pyramids, you cannot say to me masons do not use the pyramid in thier symbology.

Masons do not use the pyramid in their symbology. There, I said it and I'll repeat it.

MASONS DO NOT USE THE PYRAMID IN THEIR SYMBOLOGY

You are no doubt getting confused between a pyramid and a triangle, which is widely used in freemasonry (notably the Royal Arch, where it is usually an allusion to the Holy Trinity)

I know for a fact masons run the cities, and manipulate laws for their corporate benefit.

Which cities are you referring to, and which masons? Do you have any evidence WHATSOEVER that freemasonry manipulates laws for its own benefit?

Lucifer, no matter how hard you want to believe it, is not a light bringer.

Lucifer, no matter how much you want to believe it, has absolutely nothing to do with freemasonry. Can you find any reference to lucifer anywhere in freemasonry, other than one book written by one freemason 150 years ago?

Jesus saved me.

Well, at least we have one thing in common. You will find the essence of freemasonry encapsulated in 1 Corinthians 13, as this key message of Christ is one of the fundamental tenets of freemasonry.

The proliferation of symbols everywhere leads me to think the group has been seized by self delusion...

Reading your post and the comments contained therein lead me to believe that you yourself are seized by some form of delusion.

Im not a bigot, I dont like liars and deceivers. I dont like it when im wrong and end up being one.

I am so sorry for you, as you have been taken for one almighty ride by evil people. I trust that you will find the Truth in time.

[edit on 9/8/07 by Trinityman]

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join