It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One World Government Good or Bad

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Ive been thinking a lot about one world government lately, and have thought of the pro's and con's for it.

The pro's i came up with are:
Pros:
The whole world would most likely prosper financially, also disease and poverty would be easy to combat with the whole world working together under one banner.
Also humanity would no longer be spilt up, there would be no more war and all grievances could be solved peacefully.
The Human race could also start expanding into space for more rapidly as a global effort because that's the only way it's ever going to be done.

Cons: If a totalitarian dictator came to power like Hitler than he or she would have the whole world under their control, the human race would be at it's feet.
If the global government is corrupt are poorly run then the whole planet will suffer, instead of one nation.
Also some people fear that their nation or culutre will just be merged with others and be lost forever.

Now im probably going to regret saying this but i think One World Government is good, because a proper constitution one designed to protect and serve all mankind (except religious fundamentalists etc...) could be put into effect, also the whole world would be one nation, but each continent would be a state, and the former nation's on each continent would become provinces of that state, so no culutre or people would be lost to history, also there would be provincial and state governments as well as the Global one, and the Global government would be led by a voted representative of each state.

So i think that One World Government is good and eventually humanity will be united under one banner.

But what is everone else's opinion?

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I am too for unity and cooperation. Only we need to make sure government is social enough not to be victim of big corporations. This is why USA is doing all the # lately, because of big corporations, especially those who sell weapons and those rebuild later, like Haliburton.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Those were some good points it seems in the future we are going to need to limit the power both economically and politicaly that corporations have.
So we could go down the communist path of making all business and coroporations government owned or let them contiue to be run by individuals, but with restrictions and monitoring, it's a hard decision.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 04:05 AM
link   
No country was really communist anyway, all were/are dictatorships and always at war with west so developing was hard. I am not exactly for communism since it has many flaws, for example individual is not respected much and there is no place for spirituality, only for brainwashing.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Only we need to make sure government is social enough not to be victim of big corporations.

As long as money exists and most people in society want more of it it's unlikely the government and the people in it won't be exploited by big corporations with lots of money.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Glad to see some people see are truly considering the benefites of globalization.There is so much much hysteria about a NWO its saddening.Of coarse we need to monitor the government and make sure we're not being lead away from our rights,but people are seeing nwo in everything from cartoons to magazine adds.People are associating harmless junk with neferious nwo plans and its only getting worse.

Any one read something like "do you guys see the horns on this guys head in this Dell add,nwo for sure!".

Very sad stuff.

IMO if humanity wants to survive,one world government is the only way.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Well, to be honest, the current system hasn't been a great success --- ever.

So sure, give World Government a go.

As long as there's a little place somewhere that's exempt from NWO --- just for those who want some time out.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   
One world order is a nice thought, and it really would be a nice thing to have if everyone accepted it. But it will never happen that way. The closest thing will be one nation overtaking the world. But even if they were able to keep control and not have sects break off (even that is incredibly far-fetched) there would be civil wars. And not everyone agrees on the type of government, or on leaders. There would have to be a leader for each section with as much power as a total leader to keep the people happy. That happened in the Roman Empire, which inevitably split in half. And I like how people here want a world order, but in another section of the forum hate America because of suspicions of them taking over the world.

Originally posted by detonator
No country was really communist anyway, all were/are dictatorships and always at war with west so developing was hard. I am not exactly for communism since it has many flaws, for example individual is not respected much and there is no place for spirituality, only for brainwashing.

Actually, one of the Vietnams (I forget which one) was a really good Communist country. But power corrupts people, so eventually came to an end.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I have to disagree with some of what you said, i think i proper one world government can be set up, which the whole planet would except, also as I stated above each continent would become a state of this global nation and all of the former countries on that continent would become provinces of the state e.g Germany a province of the Europe State, and each state would have a representative at the head of the global government, but no one would have absolute power.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
First off, I have 0 trust for the currently proposd one world government. It is mearly a way for the NWO to enslave the population of the planet in one fell swoop and burn out anyone who opposes them or ever would.

Now if I saw a one world government proposed (such as the one I am proposing right here, right now) which is based around the concept and also founded ON the ideal of a FEDERATION... Now we are talking. Under a federation people will maintain sovereignty, HOWEVER! There is a higher power that can move in, has the army, makes the overall laws, and maintaines the constituion of the planet/nation/empire/etc. A federation founded by the people, for the people of the people.
Now for the corporations, that cannot be avoided, HOWEVER (again) should you LIMIT them and their power you will get somewhere. Making the lobbying illegal and payoffs treason for both parties you would begin to get somewhere. Here is what I DO NOT want in the hands of a private corporation: primary food supply, water supply, electical supply, weapon supply, ammunition supply, and banking. If one corporation or a handfull get their hands on these like they have now you get a VERY screwed up system. I live in one: USA. By nationalizing what I named off, some such as weapons to the fullest extent possible, while others only to a degree you will avoid their greed. To avoid the "one person who has total power..." fear you can then put it into the hands of a council of nine. One councelor per sector on the planet: North America, Central America, South America, Europe, Africa, Middle East, Eurasia, Asia, Pacific. This can be narrowed down in the long run as technology advances to just seven major sectors. Thus keeping beurocracy to a minimum, and productivity at its peak. To further end the beurocracy allow each system a level of freedom so they do not have the hastle of getting permission from the highest power, make the line from the bottom to the top as slim a line as possible. Then make this the #1 goal for all sectors government owned or regulated: safety, advancement of technology, human rights, productivity, quality, speed, availability.

Anyway those are a few ideas I cooked up over the years, so I hope they are appreciated.

Last statement: I do NOT want to see the world in the hands of the NWO and corporations, thus I REFUSE will all my body and soul the creation of a one world government at this point in time.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
just like it was said "with great power comes great responsibility" and "absolute power corrupts".What is there to prevent those at the top to behave responsibly and without corruption.

Just think about it.................

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
My opinion is that, if a One World Unity comes from people & society, it'll be good. But if it comes from oppressive government, it'll be bad. All throughout history, the only "unity movements" on national scope have always come from government...Hitler, Stalin, for example.

Since it's the US government pushing for the NWO, I see it as bad news...Mainly because this is perhaps the first time in human history that humanity has had the available technology to pull it off on a world-wide scale.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
You guys can keep your one world government. The advantage is for the government when it receives a bigger and better military. Protesting against something you dislike will not be an option anymore. You will not be able to make your own decisions due to the elimination of freethinkers. You will be nothing more then a zombie enslaved society.

You may think it is all great up until the point they start killing the masses. It could be your family, your friends, or yourself. Risk my whole life with everyone involved for a one world government? No.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
If you look at the American system today, you see its flaws pretty obviously. So on a global scale:

- No free press. Everything payed for by the corporations. Censorship everywhere since owners would not put out information that would be damaging to their sponsors.

- Very little competition. The largest companies would buy everybody small, making a few megacorporations that employs the worlds population. Dont like working for one? You have very limited choice of finding something else.

- Government censorship. Like now, some people are above the law and can get away with everything. Law enforcement could easily be bought by the mega corporations. Justice would be dead.

- Same legal system everywhere. If the American one is used, rich or famous people get away with a slap on the wrist. Human rights violations would be everywhere. Nowhere to run on this planet.

- Centralized control over the global population. Big Brother on a global scale. Information about individuals being sold to megacorporations by law enforcement and governments. No privacy.

I could go on forever. World government would be the end of any freedom we have as human beings. Corruption would be everywhere and you would have nowhere to turn for help.

For example, I can take a example from this morning. The McKinley hacker appealed to the European court that he didnt want to get extradited to a US prison because of their human rights violations. Well, in a global society, he would have had nowhere to turn.

Another example. Look at the 3 superpowers. Russia, China, USA. Does any of them have a society that is treating people in a way that would eliminate crime and make everybody happy like your vision of a global world government would do? Not even close. In fact, they are all doing worse than most of the smaller countries do.

[edit on 23-8-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
Does any of them have a society that is treating people in a way that would eliminate crime and make everybody happy like your vision of a global world government would do? Not even close.

The reason for this is because history has already proven (time & time again) that the most repressive governments are the ones that has the most laws...Because for every new law made, new criminals are also created.

Like I said before...A One World Unity can only be benevolent if it originates from people & society, not when forced by governments (or corporations influencing governments). This is no less & no more than I've been saying in numerous other threads ever since I first joined these forums in 2002.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
there are many countries in the world, to have a one world governmment would mean making one person a god. No, i think it'd be a bad idea, it would mean for our liberal actions ceasing to exist.this assists mankind in his folly.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Well depends on what you look at, then entire goal for a more calm and crime rid world is good but if you add the fact that they need or want to destroy half the worlds population at the same time i guess id consider it bad.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
A One World Government?

HELL NO.

I'm too proud of the piece of land I was born in to even conceive a One World Country, much less a One World Government.

And even less, in the terms we have today. Those terms being greedyness, selfishness, materialism.

To think to have to give up on my nationality, I'm giving up my roots, my origins. And without roots, one is nothing.

I'd either refuse to let go of my identity, or die fighting to keep it.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
One world government is a great idea!!!!!

Just as long as I am the president (*Snickers)

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Sorry I must disagree, one world government is giving ten times more power to the people that are already screwing you up good and making you pay taxes so they can fund their "profitable wars" and bank cash on your expence or the expence of your kids fighting oversea. Dont get me wrong im for the unity of mankind but not controled by these maniacs... Manking was divided when some "people" wanted to get in power making promess and # and look where we are now, on the verge of killing the ONLY thing we're ever had... in less then 100 years we've #ed up this planet literally... when ecologic solutions COULD of been found ages ago but of course not its all about the profit... money's the worst thing that was ever invented its the solution and the cause of all problems... makes me sick to think that kids are dieing all around this planet for some friggen square piece of paper... cuz some grumpy old men feel the need to compensate for their impotence with money and power...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join