It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US: Soldiers now protected from losing custody

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   

US: Soldiers now protected from losing custody

www.jpost.com

The House of Representatives passed an amendment Wednesday that aims to prevent soldiers deployed to war from permanently losing custody of their children because of the absence.

Rep. Mike Turner offered the amendment after reading an Associated Press story that revealed that service members with custody of their children before deployment have returned home to see temporary changes become lasting and losing their children because of their duty.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Good grief... I've not heard of this before. With the extended stays for American Forces abroad, I'm glad this amendmant was passed. I can't believe the courts would not have acted on this under the circumstances. Support your troops, oh, ye pampered judges.

Way to go, Mike Turner

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
This one is new for me also and I was a military wife for 20 some years, thanks for the information, I guess we learn something new all the time.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
There's a thread about them losing custody somewhere, sort of recent, was'nt about this
amendment being passed obviously, but about the whole thing generally.

What I'm flabbergasted about, is that the congressman had to learn about this through the news,
I mean really, that's pretty sad, however I'm glad this was passed, as it really is unfair.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I usually like to keep up on the way politicians treat their troops and I'd not seen anything on it at all.

It's strange that I found the article in the Jerusalem Post rather than an American newspaper. Something like this should have hit the mainstream almost with the first case, I would have thought.

Curious.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
its kind of sickening to think that soldiers were comming home form a tour in hell, just to end up in another kind hell, a custody battle.

[edit on 16-5-2007 by InSpiteOf]

top topics

join