It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bar Soap, or Liquid Soap...What's your pleasure?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I'm a male and have been converted, via the wife, to liquid soap. Sold American. Now I'm hooked on the Axe brand. Mmmmm....good stuff.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Damn im still somewhat primitive using the bar soap and wash cloth technique

is the liquid working out nicely for you? Im thinking about converting

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I highly recommend it. There are so many choices! I'd give 'em the smell test, make yer purchase and enjoy! I'm also of the opinion that you go with a shower sponge in lieu of a wash cloth. The liquid soap goes a long way with one of those. It foams up quite nicely. (It doesn't make you a fem using the poofy thing, it's actually more economical because you'll go through more soap with the wash cloth.) You'll feel like a whole new person! If your a guy, don't get the girly soap, you'll smell too pretty. Look for the guy stuff.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Here is my link to my thread... www.belowtopsecret.com... You can post your link on my thread too.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Liquid soap reigns supreme! No more clunks as the bar soap slips from the shower caddy to the floor. No more slivers getting washed into the drain and sticking there, blocking drainage. No more slimy spooge at the bottom of the soap holder. No more curly hairs stuck to the bar.

Liquid soap I love thee, let me count the ways ...

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
And who the hell thought that a community bar of soap was a good concept anyway? Kinda gross if you ask me....liquid soap all the way. Stay away from Olay With Creme Ribbons; that stuff leaves a slimy residue and unless you want to kill the next person to step into the shower... I highly advise against it's use.

[edit on 16-5-2007 by ariesanngel]

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Liquid soap beats the rest, bars of soap are like George Best.

Quite fond of the palmolive stuff with the bubbley bits in, and you can't beat a good loufah to give your self the once over.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I have to say... Liquid soap.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
With great respect to all you squeaky-clean posters, I must humbly disagree.

Bar Soap Rules!

* Liquid soap is for lazy people. Bar Soap gives you a wrist and arm workout while you use it.
* Liquid soap is too expensive. You get perhaps 25-30 washes per 11.3oz bottle, used sparingly for $3 or more, while the same price will get you a 12-pak of e.g., Zest in which EACH BAR washes you 25 times or more.
* Liquid Soap is redundant. I mean once you lather up with bar soap, you have, essentially created your own liquid soap anyway.
* Liquid soap is boring. With Bar soap and a spouse or friend you can have all sorts of fun (hide the soap, drop the soap, bar massage, etc.). And - have you ever tried to carve a bunny rabbit from liquid soap? Can't be done!
*Liquid soap is perilous. If you drop or tip over your liquid soap bottle, you could lose the whole gloppy mess down the drain while you're at work. With bar soap - it usually stays where you put it. And if you drop it, so what? Just pick it up!
*Liquid soap is environmentally inferior. For one thing, you create lots of plastic waste when the soap container is empty. Secondly, the manufacture of all those containers and packaging impacts the environment. Finally, the machinery and resources needed to fill, process, label, crate, and ship liquid soap is much more intensive than for bar soap (e.g., liquid soap has fillers and agents added to keep it fluid, etc.). All that 'extra stuff' (packaging, additives, etc. also need resources, transportation, etc. to get it into your bathroom.

Ok - I'm done for now. Please don't beat me up - the truth is, I start with bar soap to get the grime off, then finish and rinse with liquid Neutrogena for a silky finish and that great fresh scent. GUILTY!

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Liquid soap all the way. It works great and if you go to the dollar store you can get all kinds of different scents and have a different one for each day. I do like the Greencastle soaps that are hand made and nobody but me uses them. They are an expensive treat and smell so good especially the sandlewood yummy.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
My particular favorite of the liquid soaps is the one I use on my children: Playtex's Baby Magic Calming Milk Bath. It smells so luscious! I love kissing their heads with that smell lingering in their hair ...

Maybe I should start using it on myself. Though that could be trouble if it attracted random sniffers.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I'm partial to Axe's Essence and Boost. That stuff rocks!

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Liquid soap! Coast - Pacific Force and everyone bring their own loofah!

No more bars left in a puddle of water, that dissolve when you pick it up.
No more hairs on the soap.
No more sharing!

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Liquid soap for me.

I was bar soap until liquid soap came along.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I like the liquid soap.

I hate the bar soap because it always falls on the bottom of the tup and its so hard to get it because its to slippery, then once you actually get it in your hand it slips out and flies out of the tub!! :bnghd:

[edit on 18-5-2007 by minnie]

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
To wash my hands, liquid soap, for showering either a bar or shower gel for body and hair, Lynx is good (Don't know if linx is in america)...

How on earth have so many people responded to a thread about soap wehn I don't think I've even had a total of 20 people respond to all my threads in total, It's not even as if you explaining how to explode stuff with soap.
Sorry for that rant, not aimed at anyone just been a bad week...

[edit on 18-5-2007 by Chukkles]

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
How on earth have so many people responded to a thread about soap wehn I don't think I've even had a total of 20 people respond to all my threads in total, It's not even as if you explaining how to explode stuff with soap.
Sorry for that rant, not aimed at anyone just been a bad week...

[edit on 18-5-2007 by Chukkles]

Crazy isn't it? I created this thread because of a competition I'm in with galm1. I think I got more replies with this thread than any of my other ones too. Go figure.

ps. Don't forget to wash behind your ears!

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
You want this competition to get nasty now? I know that you have your soap to keep you clean, but I'll support you, I am still saying... liquid soap.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Bar soap.

Because even though they make the body wash, I am all about the Rosemary Mint bar from Aveda. That combines with my Clove shampoo keeps me feeling completely refreshened and awake.

By the way chukkles, I think I am now going to cry myself to some form of near sleep because of your avatar.

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I like both bar soap, and shower gel. I really like that new Tone sugar glow bar soap...it exfoliates
They make that in both forms, (gel & bar) just so you know. It really has sugar crystals in it
I use Bath and Bodywork's shower gels on my bod, and bar soap on my face. My beautician cringes at the fact that I use bar soap on my face...and what were women doing for centuries before make-up removers came along?

Originally posted by niteboy82

By the way chukkles, I think I am now going to cry myself to some form of near sleep because of your avatar.

I always thought you were just being sensitive NB82 about clowns
But, that Clown is scary

It's okay NB...chuckies okay
He just needs a make-over that's all, hair cut & dye job, some face cream, veneers, New GQ outfit

Edit* to add

[edit on 5/24/2007 by jensouth31]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join