It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this atmospheric phenomenon, or UFO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Personally, much as I would like to think I'd accidently snapped something really interesting, I'm leaning towards some kind of atmospheric phenomena. What exactly I don't know.

I didn't actually set out to do anything other than take some test shots with a new camera. It was only when looking for a sky shot to put a fake saucer into for the thread on this forum that I noticed a... blob. I noticed nothing at all at the time. My eyesight doesn't allow for me spotting something this small.

I did mention this in the thread, and posted a close-up of it, but though it could well be dust or something. Until I showed my brother who came to the boat earlier on tonight. It is in 3 different shots, and none line up with any of the others, ruling out dust on the lens. Dust on the CCD is ruled out by Leica having a sealed body with an integral lens. You can't get at the CCD. Anyway, the only reason I'm posting now is that whatever it is in a different position in each shot. There were 4 shots in between 060 and 065 that don't have this blob.

All were taken from the same spot, the starboard wheelhouse door of my boat, Karilla.

Here's the first image's EXIF data:
File size: 83430 bytes
File date: 2007:05:16 17:26:18
Camera make: LEICA
Camera model: D-LUX 3
Date/Time: 2007:04:30 23:49:41
Resolution: 850 x 673
Flash used: No
Focal length: 6.3mm
Exposure time: 0.0012 s (1/800)
Aperture: f/8.0
ISO equiv.: 100
Metering Mode: matrix
Exposure: program (auto)

Thanks in advance.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karilla

Interesting chemtrail developed as well...not seen in other pics.

Maybe related.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
We do get plenty of very strange (to me) trails above us here. There is so much air traffic that people don't seem to notice much though. It being over the Thames estuary, too (London is over the horizon in these pics, about 40 miles away), means that its not very densely populated.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karilla
I didn't actually set out to do anything other than take some test shots with a new camera. It was only when looking for a sky shot to put a fake saucer into for the thread on this forum that I noticed a... blob. I noticed nothing at all at the time. My eyesight doesn't allow for me spotting something this small.

First off I'm wondering what thread were you gonna put a fake flying saucer in ? Second is it's definetly a UFO ( Unidentified Flying Object ). Or I should say at least Unidentified. And third: what kind of boat do you own ? Other than that I haven't a clue of what it is. Thanks for your post.

[edit on 5/16/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The thread entitled "so you think all UFO shots are CGI?". Loads of people went to great lengths to show that faking a UFO with Photoshop, blender et al. is harder than the majority of people here would have you believe. Don't worry, they all had the word "FAKE" prominently featured. RAM's inflatable UFOs were excellent!

The boat is a 1973 wooden Grand Banks 48. You can't beat American designs built by Asian shipwrights using Honduras mahogany! I'm still trawling the net for images of any similar atmospheric effects, but nothing so far.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I've seen that thread, that's why I asked.
Nice boat too. I'm wonderng if Venus or an early star was around but you said it wasn't in all the pictures right. I don't know to much about CGI so can't really comment on it being that. As far as atmospheric admorality or phenomena, I will suggest a SunDog, but not for sure. Where was the sun?

An unusually pronounced sundog produced by sunlight passing through thin cirrus clouds. The true sun is located outside of the picture to the right. Good luck on finding out what it is Karilla

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Thanks Solarskye. The sun is in the eleven o'clock position in relation to the first image, a fair way out of shot upwards. The shots are all looking due west. Venus appears quite a bit later and further to the right. The main reason I didn't think it was a sundog was that there was no haze, the only cloud being trails, and the position is different in each shot.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
You are right. There isn't any clouds so rule that sundog out. Hopefully someone can come in here and know more about it than I. I will look into the CGI thread here and there to see if you put up a picture. See ya!

Edit to say " Almost forgot to say that I see two objects in the fourth picture on your post

[edit on 5/16/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
There's them non existent chemtrails again
I think I can see two other objects in the picture.

That's one big boat you have there.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
You're right, there are two in shot number four. I think a trip to the opticians is in order.

Honestly, since living here I have no doubt that jet exhaust is not the only thing to come out the back of a 'plane.

I should probably mention that Foul Ness, the aptly named MoD facility at the mouth of the river crouch is about 5 miles to the east. I know they do firing practice there but haven't heard of anything else being done there.

new topics

top topics

join