It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15 Cities To Go Green Under Clinton Plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Fifteen cities around the world will begin cutting carbon emissions by renovating city-owned buildings with green technology under a program spearheaded by former President Clinton's foundation.

Clinton's foundation described details to The Associated Press ahead of the announcement. Major global banking institutions have committed $1 billion to finance the upgrades of municipal buildings in participating cities, which include New York, Chicago, Houston, Toronto, Mexico City, London, Berlin and Tokyo.

The makeovers will include replacing heating, cooling and lighting systems with energy-efficient networks; making roofs white or reflective to deflect more of the sun's heat; sealing windows and installing new models that let more light in; and setting up sensors to control more efficient use of lights and air conditioning.

Clinton's foundation said the planned changes have the potential to reduce energy use by 20 percent to 50 percent in those buildings. The reduction could mean a significant decrease in heat-trapping carbon emissions, as well as cost savings on utility bills.

SOURCE:
LiveScience.com

This is a very cool (no pun intended) that is being done.

Regardless of what you think of Clinton, or whether Global Climate Change is human
caused or not, I don't see anything bad about this.

Hopefully similar programs can either be started, or this will inspire governments and
cities to do it themselves.

Comments, Opinions?

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I just read the sustainable development article through Rense

this seems like an excellent idea, the catch and interesting portion is the partnership and financial funding from these private sectors.

there are some major companies (Citibank, Deutsche Bank and of course JP Morgan Chase)

I wonder exactly how much funding this will receive and who exactly will benefit

Good to see Clinton still contribute long after his presidency

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I'll take some time in the coming week and read over the recommendations. I may not be a major corporation or a large city, but I can do my small share to address the issue.

new topics

join