It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thinking about countdown and 02/02

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
With the countdown and web discussion of the possibility of an attack in the US on Islamic holiday of "Feast of the Sacrifice", Februrary 2nd- it struck me that when it is the 2nd in Middle East its still the 1st in the US. Is'nt the 1st of February the day of the Superbowl in Houston?

Could all the talk about NYC be smoke and mirrors to divert our attention away from a tempting target?

Is all the current activity aimed at getting US to be complacent during an "Orange Alert" kind of like the common military tactic of keeping your enemy on constant battle alert to wear down readiness?

Houston is a major city with a large refinery and chemical plant infrastruture with petroleum and natural gas pipelines. I find it interesting that no news of possible threats or extraordinary security have come out of there on national news sources, its like a void in this respect.

Doe's anybody have news from this area or specific event that could shed more light on my thoughts?

Whats your opinion?

Wanted to expound on this some more; This city and venue offer all of the elements that a terrorist might seek, a large cargo container port, sizable immigrant population in which to hide, international air travel hub (Mexican flights come to mind) oil and chemical refining that is difficult to secure and a nationally televised event (world?) to use for their purposes - what more could you ask for when seeking a target.

[Edited on 4-1-2004 by Phoenix]

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This is a very good observation!

Yes, Houston is a VERY important port, especially concerning oil shipments.

I would think this is very much worth keeping an eye on!

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Not only the oil and natural gas pipelines, I lived in Houston for several years, about a mile from my house there is a saltdome, (there are several others around the city)they use salt domes to store natural gas until trucks load the gas up, IF one of those domes were to explode, it would be a HUGE explosion, possibly causing more via chain reaction. As I recall, security around those domes was not the best, just a chain link fence, nothing more. I wonder if it has improved?

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
With the countdown and web discussion of the possibility of an attack in the US on Islamic holiday of "Feast of the Sacrifice", Februrary 2nd- it struck me that when it is the 2nd in Middle East its still the 1st in the US. Is'nt the 1st of February the day of the Superbowl in Houston?

And there was just a possible "practice" attack at a basketball game in the news. Very possible!

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Originally posted by Phoenix

And there was just a possible "practice" attack at a basketball game in the news. Very possible!

They already stepped up on security on the play-off games..

Homeland Security Department spokesman Brian Roehrkasse said Saturday that authorities have been discussing security with the National Football League and the National Collegiate Athletic Association during the playoff and college bowl season.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 4-1-2004 by The Real Deal]

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
missed the report of a possible practice attack at a basketball game, do you have any details?

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by toejam
missed the report of a possible practice attack at a basketball game, do you have any details?

Check out ATSNN...

www.atsnn.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I thought the Superbowl was on the 31st?

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCatalyst

Super Bowl XXXVIII which will be played in Houston, Texas on Feb. 1, 2004 at Reliant Stadium.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Real Deal

Originally posted by TheCatalyst

Super Bowl XXXVIII which will be played in Houston, Texas on Feb. 1, 2004 at Reliant Stadium.

Oh, I see. I also just realized that the Democratic nominee selection is on the second or third forgot which one, but it is sometime around that date.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
So, when it is 02/01, it is actually the 2nd over there.interesting. And, it is the SuperBowl, a MAJOR target for Americans everywhere, and Houston is a MAJOR refinery city..hmm..sounds plausible...we might have to keep our eyes on this one..

-wD

[Edited on 4-1-2004 by WeBDeviL]

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Anybody watched The Sum of All Fears? That fits perfectly.

I really fear that there's gonna happen an attack on that date or at least beginning of february. It is just the main activity time for these maniacs. It is like on holiday everybody is allowed to do terror attacks and secret actions.

Question to US people: Isn't the US president on Super Bowl finals?

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I wonder if any ATS members are in Houston that could keep site updated with a more local take on noteworthy events leading up to superbowl.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I just checked the Houston Chronicle site www.houstonchronicle.com...
can't find any mention of heightend security or anything, but of course there are still 28 days left...

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Netstorm that was what got me curious in the first place - the fact that houston is like a big black hole when it comes to news - I mean come on we've heard about something from every major city in the US except for houston - whats up with that.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
That isn't conspiracy, if something big happened in Houston, we would know. However, not alot of big things happen in Houston

And yes, for the person who asked, the President usually does attend the Super Bowl.

-wD

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I know, I did the same on several search engines.
Houston and security and superbowl, comes up with nothing related
different variations produce the same result....nothing
perhaps that is the way the goverment wants it. If no one knows the security no one can circumvent it

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
That isn't conspiracy, if something big happened in Houston, we would know. However, not alot of big things happen in Houston

And yes, for the person who asked, the President usually does attend the Super Bowl.

-wD

POTUS attending game makes me even more worried about the timing

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Check out this Dallas Morning News article:

It is the first article I have read that talks about football games in general, and the superbowl specifically, being of significant concern to authorities.

www.dallasnews.com...

tz

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Seems that the security is 'tight' enough that they won't heighten it anymore even with the orange-status in the US.

"Security precautions were already so tight for the Feb. 1 Super Bowl that no extra measures will be implemented in response to the Homeland Security Department's decision this week to raise the terror alert to its second-highest level, the NFL's security director said."

"I don't know what more they'd do," Ahlerich said

I think they should be a little more concerned especially with the wide media range to all the American citizens watching on TV, internet, etc.

www.chron.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join