It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You've been given the chance to start a new society..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
*note* mods i posted this is skunk works because its just pure speculation and something to get our creative juices flowing, if you think this is a topic better suited for BTS, by all means move it there, i just didnt know where to post it. *note*

SO.. you show up on an island, just you, on a dessert island and theres a big tree in the middle of the island and thats the only thing on the island. It can be any tree you want, or any plant you want, the plant i chose may violate the T/C so i'll just say its a weeping willow. A huge weeping willow. So the tree talks to you, he greets you and says welcome to YOUR island, you can make this island anyway you want it, you are here to start a society, your own society. The first thing the tree asks you is what kind of habitat you would like your island to be. Jungley, Forestry, Desert, Icey, etc.. You get to pick what kinda island it is. Then the tree asks you what kind of political system you would like your islanders to follow and who you would like to lead your island, he tells you you can pick anyone or anything to head your island, you can be the head political figure if you choose.

Then the tree asks you how much people you want to live on your island, the general population. He asks you what the main mindstate or goal of the population on your island would be, what do you and your fellow islanders want to achieve? Then the tree gets creative with you and tells you to pick a race, fantasy or fiction, to co-exist with on your island. A race, besides the human race, that will live with you on the island with you and your fellow humans side by side.

The tree asks you if you would like to have contact with extra terrestrials and if you would like to exchange knowledge with them. He says it can be done but you don't have to be in contact with them if you don't want to.

How would you like your transportation on the island to be? Cars? Hovercrafts? Flying saucers? The tree tells you to pick how you would like to get around the island.

Everyone on your island also gets to have a sixth sence! The tree lets you pick the sixth sence of you and your fellow islanders. Finally he asks you what Holidays will be celebrated on your island, you can celebrate existing holidays or make up your own!

Feel free to add other questions the tree might ask, pretty much any question you want! Have fun! This is fun for me

[edit on 17-5-2007 by biotic]

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
First of all i would choose a Forest Island, like the Ewok moon of Endor. Huge tall trees all over the island except a nice black sand beach around the whole coast of the island.

I would tell the tree I would like to practice communism and I would like a super computer to run the island and to make all of the political decisions. I think if a super computer was in charge of everything political the island would not fall to deciet or corruption.

I tell the tree I don't want a ton of people on my island, i tell him 100,000 sounds like a good number. 100,000 genuine, kind hearted people. I tell the tree me and my fellow islanders are going to strive for a better sence of knowledge of self and strive for more knowledge and technology but we will only make good use of the technology we learn about, corruption or greed will not be a factor.

I tell the tree i would like to live with the race called Protoss

I tell the tree i would like to have contact with extra terrestrials and i would be down to exchange knowledge with them.

I would like everyone on my island to own a hover board so we can just zip through the trees and get from point A to point B in no time.

Everyone on my island will have spider sence! We will celebrate labor day once a week on a wednesday. People will work Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.

haha, just having fun! be creative, respond if you want and add some more questions the tree might ask if you want. this can be fun!

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Another question the tree asks me is how will i defend myself from intruders or enemies?

I tell him i would like the island to be cloaked with invisibility using the same technology as the protoss dark templars.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
i would want its foresty ! and flying bikes for transportation hahaha a question i want the tree to ask is what kind of food should be grown out here? i would want tropical fruit and green veggies and lots of fish

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
What kind of food should be grown out here?

Tropical fruits would be good, i agree.. I'd pass up on the veggies tho. But lots of steak, and fish too.. as long as there sushi cooks to make me sushi with it. Lots of chickens, cows and fish and im set.. and the tropical fruit only because its good for me

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   
you need your veggies boy!! haha salads!mmm sushi f yeah

i could pass on the red meat though..

i want my people to be the aztecs actually

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Very Creative Topic!

My Island Would Be Named: Paradisia
The Island would consist of 2 cities (New Hope & Libertia) and then mostly farmland. In the middle of the island there would be a snow capped mountain that feeds the river which divides the island into 2 halves.

The Population would mostly be in the cities with 30,000 people in each, and then the rural areas would have only 1 family per square mile. Total Population about 120,000 people.

The Temperature would be sub tropical with a mild winter.

The Plants on the island would be citrus fruits and wild berries.

The Animals on the island would be: horses, chickens, deer, and lots of fish, and no reptiles except turtles.

The Mode of Transportation would be: walking & horse drawn carriage.

The Govt would be: True Democracy. Everyperson would have a vote on every issue, in essence every person is a congressman. The island would be broken down into 4 regions, each having their own set of laws made up by the people, but they all would be superceeded by the Constitution of Paradisia. If you don't agree with the laws of your area you can move to a new region freely.

The Island would have 4 sports teams, playing soccer against each other.

The mission statement of the island would be to create a utopian society where every person is considered equal, without greed and corruption.

The economy would be a barter system with gold coins as the main assett.

There would be no taxes, except for the specific programs that the people of a region all vote and agree to. (3/4 majority to impose a specific tax)

the people of Paradisia would co-exist with the ancient Atlantians, although their population would be 1 to every 50 Paradisians.

We would not have any contact with Extra-Terrestrials, because they don't exist.

The people of Paradisia would all have a 6th sense, and that would be that they could view & speak to their ancestors for advice and support.

Our Holidays would be...

Winter Festivus - 2nd Sunday in December (week long)
New Years - January 1st.
Lovers Day - 2nd Saturday in March
Farmers Day - April 1st.
Mothers Day - 2nd Saturday in May
Summer Festivus - 2nd Sunday in July (week long)
Fathers Day - 2nd Sunday in September
Harvest Week - 1st Week of October
Soccer Championship Weekend - Last Week of October

Also we would have an Olympic Games every 2nd year that would start on
July 1st and end with the Summer Festivus.

[edit on 17-5-2007 by Where2Hide2006]

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
hahaha, dope

i forgot to name my island.. San Lorenzo

Capitol city would be called Aiur

haha i thought of atlanteans too!

thanks for participating

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
damn i wanna move to your island haa

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
name-heliroith
govt-communist
transport-golfcart
amount of people-111
climate-50 degrees at night...75 during the day
food-bananas and pork
defense-howitzer and electro-nets in the water out around my island

the land would be a peaceful land of all around prosperity and coolness....a great land

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Nice one biotic.............hmmmm, you're right about those juices flowing....

Our island is called Euphoriana.
It has a population of about 1000, we are a slowly growing race (but we practice a lot)!

Euphoriana is a democratic society, in touch with our natural surroundings and in tune with our spiritual selves, surrounded by small coves and sandy beaches with inland plains and grassland that lead to tropical forests on central hills and peaks. Small rivers and streams are plentiful and there is a blue lake to the north in the shape of a banana.

A large herb garden is planted to the east, and surrounds our tree, the "OAK of time". The friend that first welcomed us here. He is very wise (although he does have bad breath), and has helped us on our true path to enlightenment.

The whole island is criss-crossed by smooth tarmac paths for our skateboards, rollerskates and small hand carts, this keeps us incredibly fit and trains us for our annual xgames competitions each summer.

Food comes from farming fruit and vegetables, and fish and small livestock provide meat. We also have a small machine producing "nibbles" on demand.

The nerve centre for control and organisation is located inland and managed by a semi-automated computer called "BUM", (Big, Useful, Machine). Small inter-linked command posts around the island handle localised functions and the "tower of light" is where our brightest minds research new technologies and invent wonderful things like the bionic fingertip torch, very useful when hunting for firewood after sunset. Or the "water to wine" pill (these are now kept under lock and key after someone dropped one in a stream. Took weeks for everyone to sober up)!.

Near the control centre is a large, carved, stone landing pad for our alien friends, who visit, but do not wish interfere unless they are called upon. They recognise our rise to enlightenment and are here to learn and enjoy our company. They are called "the kwee". We like the "kwee", they make amazing sandcastles and are wicked skateboarders.

Our currency is "acorns" produced by the "wise one", every year we are given a few more in line with inflation, and plant at least five around the island to spread the wisdom evenly. Everyone works hard, but plays hard too. The children are schooled at the "Yard" and taught by the "elders". They are fast learners and sometimes the roles are reversed. We often find stray elders sulking by the nibbles machine.

Habitation is in caves, treehouses, and huts, all very spacious with comfort, modern design and asthetics taken into account. No "housing estates" here! We are very comfortable and enjoy the little luxuries of life, like heated toilet paper and self-making beds. (I particularly like that one).

Small communities share responsibilities depending on location, with a certain number of the population travelling the island providing news and gossip to the masses and help where needed. Work and locations are exchanged throughout and provide a constant change of scenery and company for those who wish it. There is also a central park where recreation facilities abound and festivals are held including the celibration of our birthday, 27th of May. This actually lasts for a whole week and involves lots of candy floss!

We have no need for defence, our sixth sense, spiritual powers and alien friends assure no harm may come to "Euphoriana". The sight of our "bionic fingertips" usually does the trick.

We are happy, simple folk, who enjoy the pleasures of nature and the universe around us, and soon, when we are ready, we will travel with our friends to the stars.

But that, is another story................................

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
hahaha nerbot, awesome reply!!

thanks for participating!

anyone else?

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
After I finished my first conversation with the tree I would walk over to the door of my rubber room and alert the attendants that my meds had finally kicked in, then I would go back over to the tree.

My island will be tropical with a myriad of beaches. A glass beach in one area, white sand in another black sand in another, rocky in another, I like variety when it comes to beaches.

The population will consist of the exact number of people I feel like dealing with that day. Some day it might have a hundred folks for a grand party and other days it will be myself and the midget yelling, “Da plane, Da plane…” as we run to the shore and point excitedly towards the sky.

Some days I will feel primitive so there will be no conveniences such as electricity or gas, just myself, my company and a good bonfire. Other days I’ll have a complete tech center with every gadget that has ever been invented.

Since I control the number of people from day to day there will be no need for a government. If at any point I begin to lose control I will simply walk over to the door and inform my attendants that my meds are wearing off. A few moments later the nice people in white will show up and here we go again…wheeeeeeee……

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
hahaha you put a nice spin on that mr wupy

thanks for the reply

new topics

top topics

join