It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBA playoffs 2007

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Is there anyone else out there watching the games?

The Spurs/Suns series is about the bloodiest series in the history of the NBA. Though Utah has won already, 4-1 over Golden State, every game in the series was close except the Warriors win.

This is an exciting year for the playoffs. Let's hear it!

:w:

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Great to see that not everyone has given up on the NBA. I'm surprised nobodies commented on the Suns/Spurs and the dirty play of the usually bland Spurs. The whole thing has touched up some debate about rules and how the NBA has lost so many fans and whatnot.

Utah doesn't get enough respect for how well they've played, I think they'll make the next round interesting. As for the East, doesn't seem to have been anything special so far, but Chicago is keeping things somewhat interesting.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Steve Nash is catapulting himself into greatness that has been served for the likes of Wayne Gretzky. (Canadian wise that is) And when the Suns win the championship this year, on the back of a bloodied and beaten Nash, hopefully the rest of the league will finally understand that this guy is by far the best player in the league.

If you need him to knock down a low percentage, high pressure shot.. he'll do it. If he needs to d up, he'll do it. Not only is he the best shooter in the league, but he's probably the best passer, definitely the best ball handler, and I think the best leader. He doesn't miss free throws, which is vital in the late minutes.

And what makes him so great, is that he makes everyone around him better. Just like MJ did.

The Warriors had a lot of hype, but they are done. I'd love to see the Bulls take down the Pistons, but I don't see that happening. But even more than that, I'd love to see LeBron take down the Pistons.

Nash vs. Lebron, Suns vs. Cavs, East vs. West, Canada vs. USA.. ahhh the marketing appeal to that final showdown.

Whomever comes out of the Suns/Spurs series will be in the finals. And obviously it will be either the Pistons/Cavs coming out of the East.

My heart belongs to the Suns and Boy wonder Nash, but if they fail to get past the Spurs, I'm rooting for Lebron.

Suns were putting the beat down on the Spurs all game, but Duncan has pushed the Spurs back and they are down by 4 with less than 10 to play in the fourth.

Going to be an interesting finish.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Phoenix is going to have a hard time winning in San Antonio. They played really well tonight considering their circumstances but ran out of stamina. Nash is the best point guard in the league and the Suns are easily the most watchable team there is right now.

I wouldn't discount Utah, they're largely unrecognized but have some deceptively talented players that'll be well rested. If San Antonio wins the West, I don't think the finals will be worth watching. The Cavs will be interesting if they make it all the way. Lebron might benefit from the same advantage Wade did last year in the NBA marketing scheme.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I'm absolutely disgusted that the Suns lost that game. It was handed to them on a silver platter. They held the Spurs to 33 points in the first half. Late in the fourth, Ginobli continued to turn the ball over time and time again.

Ahh, a little frustrated with this. They should of won this game.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   
With Stoudemire out Duncan wouldn't let the Suns get any inside scoring late. To me it looked like Nash was too tired at the end, he usually is pretty clutch. Not his fault, the NBA never should have made Stoudemire and Diaw sit. They'll probably come back in strong in game six but it was hard to see them lose this one. It makes no sense that the NBA Lords wouldn't be doing everything they could to push Phoenix into the finals, they'd easily be drawing higher national ratings them any other team could pull.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
My Predictions on the Rest

Spurs over Sun in 7
Utah finishes Golden State
Detroit in 6
Cleveland in 7

Next Round

Spurs over Utah in 6
Cleveland over Detroit in 7

Finals

Spurs over Cleveland in 6

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler

Whomever comes out of the Suns/Spurs series will be in the finals. And obviously it will be either the Pistons/Cavs coming out of the East.

chiss, chiss, chiss, what, no love for my Jazz?

~Gibbsie

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
It looks like the bulls may pull off the impossible and win this game. Still they probably will lose game 7.
This is a pretty interesting year.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It has been a fun year to watch the playoffs.
Should be a great finish.
My prediction in the end....
Detroit Pistons
over
San Antonio Spurs
4-2

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
i don't know who is gonna win it all, but i think it's gonna be San Antonio, and Detroit in the finals, and whoever wins it will win it in seven.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The Jazz aren't looking very pretty right now (heading into the 4th quarter of game 1), Boozer seems to be having an off game. And the refs look to be giving the home court advantage to the Spurs, but I'm a bit biased there...

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Looks like i spoke to soon on the last one. I think that the Spurs will win the championship now.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Even though they are still technically alive, last night's loss effectively eliminated the Jazz from the playoffs. I just can't see them coming back from 3-1 in the series. I'm very proud of thier success this year, and hope that they can build on this for next season, and many to come. And I won't be too surprised to see them do that.

Now I just hope that the Cavs can manage to fight back so we don't wind up with the same old same old, Spurs/Pistons.

:bnghd:

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Finals...game one on.

I say the Spurs will win this easy, in about 5 games.

Lebron just doesn't have enough surrounding him to handle Duncan, Ginobli, Parker, and the key shot man, Horry.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Anyone think ther'e s chance that the Cavs will come back and win tomorrow? IF Lebron puts together a whole game, they just might, they weren't entirely out of it in game 1. Surprising, considering 'Bron didnt' score until the 3rd.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
It appears the series is over. The Spurs are just fundamentally sounder than any other team in the NBA. Not the most exciting games to watch, but they are a very good team. Congratulations.

top topics

join