It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contrails and....Smoke rings????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Yesterday I noticed something I've never witnessed before. A contrail with what I'll define as smoke rings to the left and right of it. No camera, so no pictures. Any Ideas?

[edit on 16-5-2007 by nightbreid]

[edit on 16-5-2007 by nightbreid]

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Did they look like this:

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
this is a phenomenon that I've recently noticed on my own without any research and oddly enough... was going to make a thread about it.

I live in Toronto, Ontario Canada and these types of trails have been prominent the past few weeks.

I came to the conclusion that it's caused from some kind of chemical being released in spurts as opposed to a consistant stream of condensation from the jet engines.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
If you’re referring to the pictures I linked above, then it has nothing to do with chemicals. What causes that is the wingtip vortices of the aircraft catching a bit of the contrail and pushing it away from the main contrail.
Wingtip Vortices

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
When I first noticed them, they were round and condensed--a perfect circle. They did not dissipate like smoke or vapor as I expected, round and outwardly diffused, but went rectangulate and broke open. What I found weird was that the contrail looked "older" than the rings. Like the contrail took less time to disperse. That's if both subjects were generated at the same time. Strange anomaly for sure, hopefully explainable.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Was it “doughnuts on a rope”, like this:

This is supposedly created the shockwave engines of the newest breed of aircraft such as the Aurora.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Most military plane sunder the right conditions can create the donut on the rope trail. this doesn't mean that if the aurora did fly that its contrail would look similar just that every time you see a trail like that don't assume its aurora. Also as posted the wingtip vortices can also creat the illusion of donuts on a rope. Personally as some who has work with avaition engine etc, I have never found anything to give any proof to the idea of chemtrails.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
To really simplify what I saw, think of a line with a circle above it, and a circle mirror-imaged below it. An important attribute I should have mentioned before is that all three subjects were not touching each other at first. It wasn't until the circles had dissipitated into rectangles did they actually overlap.

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Was it “doughnuts on a rope”, like this:

This is supposedly created the shockwave engines of the newest breed of aircraft such as the Aurora.

Not trying to go off topic, but does anybody see the 3 black orbs around the cloudtrail.

Note: this is a hint as to why you see smoke rings!

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Hmm, that looks a bit like dirt on the sensor/lens at first glance.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Actually I see 4 orbs though I'm not sure what your getting at. I'm assuming you either refering to ufos or that these orbs help identify the type of plane.

top topics

join