It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

altercation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Ok I’m going to describe as much as I can remember of what happened to me. I am currently 29 years old, when I was younger (ages 7-16) I used to spend the summers with my uncle and his family in rural North Carolina. He used to have a house in the Nantahala area. It was the typical country house where you go up the mountain pass to get too and your nearest neighbor is down the mountain a mile away. I thought it was great being there. Well one night I think I was 11 or 12 I was going to bed. After falling asleep I was awoken and saw a bright orange light coming through the window the next thing I know I was awoken for breakfast.

Recently I moved to Tennessee and I’ve been having dreams about this (reason I’m posting now). In the dreams I see my uncle run by my room with his rifle and the dogs (we had 2 Rottweilers at the time) and then rush back inside and shut the house off and close my door. The next thing I remember is the dogs barking and my uncle and aunt screaming and then all silent. After that I usually wake up. But now I’ve been having other dreams like my door opening and seeing a figure. I can’t describe it because the lights coming from behind it and I cant look at it directly.

After that summer I came home and resumed school and everything. I was trying out for the football team at my middle school and the coach asked me where I got the scar on my shoulder. I never have injured my shoulder but now I do have a scar on it. Neither my family nor my extended family can remember me injuring my shoulder so I really don’t know where it came from.

The dream has been occurring over and over lately and I don’t know what to make of it. I am an X-files fan and I do believe in UFO and such. So some of you might knock this off as a hoax but I think it happened. But honestly I cannot tell you if it was real or not because I just don’t know.

So please I want to hear your insight on this.

Thank you

Ghostryder21

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Well, Ghostryder, let me be the first to welcome you to ATS. I know you've been lurking (he tells me so at work
) and you've finally gotten the gusto to post. Way to go bro.

On to the topic at hand.

From what I can gather, and I'm no expert, it sounds like supressed memories. Why they're coming out now, I have no clue, but that's what it sounds like to me.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Don't forget, there are other phenomena to look into as well here...such as shadow people, hag syndrome, succubus/incubus, etc. May want to include these in your research.

Remember too, our minds can often create false memories, so memories can't always be well-trusted, but only you can be the true judge of THAT reliability.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
GhostRyder,

Very interesting account. I would suggest you purchase a book written by a guy named Whitley Strieber called Communion. It is an autobiographical account of his similar experiences. It's a brilliant and quick read. I will agree with Valdimer. It sounds as if you could be re-living suppressed memories. As for your scar, have you had the opportunity to have it xrayed? Also, you may look into hypnosis. Let us know what you discover.

Good Luck,
Wicked

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by WickedStar
I would suggest you purchase a book written by a guy named Whitley Strieber called Communion.

Seconded. I would more suggest to get 'The Communion Letters' though, as it is a compilation of letters from his readers regarding their varied experiences. It has a lot of similar stories to the one you are telling.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
honestly speaking here is the only place ive ever talked about this so not even my family knows. i used to think i was the only one that this happened to but my uncle started remembering some before he died and my aunt and cousins dont talk about it at all.

iwasnt aware as to how many people this mgiht have happened to.

thanks for the insight

top topics

join