It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Is Expanding

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Empirical evidence that as recently as ~200 Ma the Earth was only ~60% of its present diameter, and that today’s oceans, and the waters in them, did not exist on the planet may come as a shock to most scientists, especially those in earth sciences who have been taught differently with fundamental philosophies that have not changed in the past 200 years.

Mod Edit: BB Code.

[edit on 16/5/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Sorry this was posted before, here.

it's also complete rubbish, sorry, but there is no scientific way the earth could expand. It also ignores the fault line of the Himalayas.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The video on the fault line of the himalayas is explained here:

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
As already stated, complete rubbish.

And, posting links and such without offering commentary is against
ATS T&C.

Surprised the Mod that has already viewed this didn't mention it.

Lex

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Now, this "explanation" of India actually debunks itself.

look at this (from the second video):

Now, if you can see the big long dark lines that go out from central, larger lines?
That is a divergent rift, where new plate is being formed, pushing The Indian plate into the Eurasian. That is how it formed. Also the islands of Sumatra and Java etc, did not come off of the continent, they were formed by volcanic eruptions all along them, caused by an adjacent subduction zone.

Denying ignorance of plate tectonics.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Apex, your logic is a complete rubbish. You do not elaborate, just insult others.

The whole theory of the movement of tectonic plates has been accepted even in the "official" scientific circles (which I call "rubbish").

I have noticed that you work hard on cutting down any interesting theory that is not hard-core-mainstream-elementary-school-accepted "science".

And...you are very busy here. Put the two together...

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by swimmer
Apex, your logic is a complete rubbish. You do not elaborate, just insult others.

If you could show me where I've insulted others please...

The whole theory of the movement of tectonic plates has been accepted even in the "official" scientific circles (which I call "rubbish").

In that case, how does the earth work then. Without plate tectonics, can you explain the movement of hotspots under the plates, or the way the Himalayas formed?

I have noticed that you work hard on cutting down any interesting theory that is not hard-core-mainstream-elementary-school-accepted "science".

As far as I'm aware, it's only this and the hollow earth theory which I'm against, so some elaboration on that matter would be nice.

If you have an explanation for how the earth can expand like this, please share them with us. Also, where does the water come from then if the earth expanded like this?

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Ok guys this thread is kind of pointless. Personaly Id love to see how the earth could expand, but I somehow dont think that its happening.

-fm

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by funky monk
Ok guys this thread is kind of pointless. Personaly Id love to see how the earth could expand, but I somehow dont think that its happening.

-fm

To make sense of expanding earth theory one must remember "matter can neither be created nor destroyed." Therefore first you would have to buy into the "hollow earth" theory to make sense of it.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
as stated, its total rubbish.

as i am currently learning earth sciences (basically geology) at i have some to determine, through investigating plate tectonics and continental movement that such a theory cannot happen. how? how can a planet expand? it would need 40% more material in order to do so. now if earth ate some of the asteroid belt and the moon then that would account for the extra material but still how on earth could this actually happen? it defies the laws of gravitational attraction be expanding.

the guy on that video obviously has no idea what he is saying either. he never mentions any words out side that of any uneducated person. "All that erosion and land slides and blah blah blah..."
this guy thought of an idea, went on Celestia and decided to expand the texture. Of cause it fits, that’s because of the super continent Pangaea being a single solid land mass until its break up, about 250 million years.

The pacific is CLOSING not expanding. We are currently returning to a state of super continent just as it has happened every 400 million years.
If the earth is expanding, how is there subduction? Subduction is associated with continents being drawn together, which is happening in the pacific “ring of fire”

Also, about the comment made on the first video, about scientists thinking it is hard to link the pacific together… what do you think these people are? They are professionals.
Besides, the only reason that America and Asia fit is because there is many small volcanic islands and archipelagos which are easily moved with the plate they are situated on.

The video on the Himalayas was even worse, India didn’t separate from Africa! Last I heard it was attached to Australia, forming the Darling fault line, which created Fold Mountains. This happened 2.5 Billion years ago.

Sorry for my ranting but this is such garbage. If you want to prove a theory at least learn how it works first, in every way apart from just how it looks from above

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Though I agree it is probably rubbish, Funny_pom...

What about expanding matter? The theory of universe expanding into nothing. What if the actual matter is the same, but the act of the matter's bonds expanding has caused the planet to expand.

This leaves geology and enters physics, but it is a possible idea...then again, that much expansion, is it possible from just atomic expansion?

OR: It is expanding. Becoming hollow, but the gravity of earth keeping it from flinging away. A great cavity around the core, of sorts. The slow pushing also pressing magma out.

Yes, this is against all scientific values, I know.

[edit on 3-6-2007 by Foxe]

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foxe

What about expanding matter? The theory of universe expanding into nothing. What if the actual matter is the same, but the act of the matter's bonds expanding has caused the planet to expand.

This leaves geology and enters physics, but it is a possible idea...then again, that much expansion, is it possible from just atomic expansion?

I hope matter isn't expanding.
i know little about physics, but i know that if matter expands for whatever reason, therefore atomic weight is changing... therefore the physical constants are changing...

this would mean that something nasty is happening, even if these constants are changing by something very very very small, the universe as we know it will fall apart...

www.exitmundi.nl...

^not something i would like to whiteness myself

besides, if it has expanded, due to the above, it would take billions of years, if not more.

by then though the solar system, and maybe even the galaxy would be gone.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I would expect that any serious and studious attempt at coming up with an idea like this would, at the very least, know that the platypus is not a marsupial. It's a monotreme.

It would also need to explain why South America's "tail" is apparently made of geological silly putty (connects to Southern Madagascar after curling around South Africa?) - Oh, and speaking of Africa, there's of course the question of why the heck it has apparently shrank, while North America grew (Watch Florida, it gets bigger through the whole "separation" portion)

Yes, they all fit together... if you radically alter the shapes and sizes and geology of all these continents. Which is, to say... they don't all fit together.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
www.michaelnetzer.com...

I think no-one linked this page yet here so there it is.

I think some of the stuff is appealing but ofcourse as all out of the box theories this one too is under heavy ridicule as theres really no way to proof to anyone if our "knowledge" of how the universe works is right or wrong. Theres only theories upon theories and some "proof" that fits some of the theories better than others.

I personally feel most of the stuff is appealing as I said, however I am in no way an expert of the matter one way or the other.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

top topics

join