It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collectibles: What do you Collect?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I have a completely unintentional collection of rubber bands. A kitchen cabinet drawer completely full of rubber bands. Me thinks they breed in the dark of night because there are some very small ones in there that I don't remember putting in there.

Now they have established a kind of colony/community and I can't bear to throw them away as they are quiet and seldom bother anyone.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Bodrul,

Now I know what a ps3 is. I got my son one for Christmas. He was so happy. I wrapped it up several times and hid it for him to find. It was the last present that morning for him so I made it special cause I knew how much he wanted it. The smile on his face that day was priceless.

Galm 1,

Pokemon cards LOL did my kids forever go through that faze. I am so glad they are over that. They had the cards and little people of them, a board game. They drove me crazy with pokemon. NASCAR is cool. Have you ever been to Daytona and watched the races?

Whaaa

Rubber bands huh. That’s funny. So they make babies when your not around how cool is that. LOL. At least you’ll always have a weapon, right? LOL. As well as a bread tie, chip tie, trash tie. Rubber bands are so cool you can use them a lot.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I used to collect DVD's and had about 300, sadly I had to sell 'em a few yearsa go and I'm working on getting my collection back up.

Got about 40 now.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
Bodrul,

Now I know what a ps3 is. I got my son one for Christmas. He was so happy. I wrapped it up several times and hid it for him to find. It was the last present that morning for him so I made it special cause I knew how much he wanted it. The smile on his face that day was priceless.

damn if i asked my mum now she would tell me to take a hike and pay for it my self (guess that what you get for growing up :lol

PS3 i am waiting a couple months since its a Rip off right now
so in a few months when it goes down getting one with staff discount

supprising no ones buying the console at all
people have been returning them since they couldnt sell on ebay

did i mention thats because i live in RIP OFF BRITAIN

[edit on 15-6-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar

Whaaa
Rubber bands are so cool you can use them a lot.

Yes they are cool Shar, but they can be mean toys too.

My friend Dickie F. wrapped a rubber band around the first joint of his middle finger, got drunk on cough syrup and malt liquor, fell asleep and when he woke up that finger joint was black as black could be. The doctors in the emergency room didn't think it could be saved so they just snipped the end of his finger off and wrapped a huge gauze bandage on it. Guess what his nick name is now...........
Stubby..............

I think Stubby collects small shiny objects that have practically no value.

He now recoils in horror everytime he sees my Rubber Band drawer and needs a good stiff shot of Rum to calm his nerves. We have suggested psycho therapy, but he wants to jus cowboy up and tough it out. Strong lad!!

[edit on 15-6-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I collect weaponry, I am gonna start collecting exclusivly firearms soon. Yeah, I'm attracted to weapons almost as much as hot babes

I'm hoping to make a huge arsenal, with many military shotguns, sniper rifles, assault rifles (not in Cali, in Cali I'll have to have semi auto assault rifles iwth short clips) and when grenade launchers, missile launchers, machine guns, and anti material sniper rifles become legal, I'll get those, too
,, damn, I better start making big money, all this stuff is gonna COST LOTS OF MONEY!

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
So this thread ended with a bang

I'll get it restarted.

I collect golf pencils. ya know the little ones with the name of the course imprinted on it. I have over 200.

I have a collection of coins and paper money from around the world

I have a baseball memorabilia collection but haven't added to it it years.

I've got an elephant collection from around the world. Every place I visit I try and pick one up.

That's about it.

Oh, I collected rabbits for my sister. She 's a rabbit fanatic!

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Presently I have started collecting wreckage from auto accidents that happen around my general area.....little pieces of tail lights, trim, I am especially fond of the logos that are now glued to the trunk or hood. Jesus fish that have gotten knocked off. Sometimes you find pieces with blood stains on them.

Eventually I plan on making a conceptual piece of sculpture out of these odds and ends. and selling it to a hospital to be displayed in their emergency waiting room.

Actually this will be my second piece of this type that I have sold.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I have an owl collection glass, plastic, metal, stone, small & large. It doesn't matter. I love all birds, but the owl is number one. My favorite piece is a large owl lamp and its eyes light up.

I also collect stones mainly crystals. I have a large rose crystal lamp used for a night light. Fossil collecting is also a hobby of mine. Lots of Crinoids around these parts. I have a movie prop from *Planet of the Apes* too, with a C.O.A. and some famous autographs. Right now I'm researching an old presidential document signed by President James Buchanan. I know he was one of the worst presidents ever!

We used to raise fish too from discus, angel fish, koi, ect...

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I collect wrist watches. I have about 40 right now but there is always room for more
. I love the old one that you have to wind, those be my favorite!

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I try to collect US currency, but I am not very good at it. Seems everyone else is competing with me.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
broken hearts
shattered dreams
dashed hopes
worthless stock (hoping to start collecting stocks with value this coming year)

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I COLLECTS THE INTERNETS!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
My neighbor, the round headed boy, is attracted to shiny pieces of metal or plastic. But second on his all time list of favorites is organic material of dubious origin, sometimes dried and sometimes not so dried. He keeps his collections in cardboard boxes or coffee cans.

It's great to see the young folks with hobbies!!

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Whaaa...that is awesome. My neighbor's kid collects dried feces. He has quite a collection. The feces of all kinds of animals and birds. The largest collection in the United States as a matter of fact. The Smithsonian wants to display it. The "Art of Dried Feces" exhibit. It's planned for April 2008.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Thanks for bringing that to our attention E_B. I think I heard something about that exhibit on PBS. As I understand It they are having a special microscope built so the very small bits can be seen in all their glory and full color.

It's great to see our tax dollars finally being spent on something inspiring and educational at the same time.

If I can take a vacation this year you can bet that DC and the Smithsonian will be on my agenda. My kids are already saving their money so they can get the Teeshirts, hats and coffee mugs from the exhibit.

[edit on 2-12-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   
x-pile

Yeah, Russian soldier always talked about the military and joining it in Russian. However, he just disappeared shortly after his post. Don’t know what happen to him.

Golf pencils over 200 WOW!!!! You have some great collections going on here. Paper money from around the world. I take it you like to travel then.

Baseball memorabilia collection is a cool one. My brother also did that. Probably not like the same though. His wasn’t much.

Elephants are cool. From around the world like your money. Yelp you travel. I think that’s sweet. I personally have never been out of my country.

Whaaa,

OK, never thought of that one. Wrecks wow. Seems interesting. Then you sell a piece of art you make from this. Cool. Brings attention to how much people don’t pay attention to their driving. Hopefully, make them aware to wake up and concentrate. So many people don’t seem to concentrate when they drive. Putting on makeup, eating while driving, talking on the phone it’s crazy.

MountainStar

When I saw your owl collection I thought about a huge owl lamp my mom had when I was a kid. It was the coolest lamp I had ever seen. It was pretty. Then I read on and seen you too have an owl lamp. However, you said the eyes lit up on yours, I don’t believe ours did that. How cool.

Tetsujin420

Wrist watches huh, I have about 4 through the years that just quit working. Put them away in my jewelry box. I love wearing a watch. I like pretty watches that matches your outfits.

Ben91069,

Yes, ben don’t worry before long US currency will all be outdated and gone. You will have plenty then.

Crakeur,

Hello, awwww *hug* broken hearts and shattered dreams bless your heart. Lets hope that your stocks pick up for you. No more broken hearts and shatter dreams.

Lysergic,

The internets. Never heard on that one. LOL. Cool picture though.

Whaaa,

Especially today. All young folks seem to want to do today is electronics.

Excitable_Boy,

Ok, that tripped me out!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Well now talk about awakening a thread from the dead.

I hereby resurrect the thread, I command the to come to life. Arise, arise HAHAHAH.

Okay on a serious note I collect fossils. I used to collect them as a kid, but recently this year found a part of a large trilobite in the creek with my son. His love of dinos and his interest in the trilobite brought back my old love of fossils.

As a kid collecting them was not much work. I did not have the knowledge or tools to do what I do now. Now it is a bit more work you can spend hours with a hammer and chisel only to at times end up breaking (hopefully not to the point where it cannot be restored). Then you have prep which can also take many hours. After that comes the in-depth ID that I like to do which can take several more hours. I use a program called trilobase to keep a record of my finds, it is a great program to have.

I have decided that in the warmer months I will do the collecting and in the cooler months do prep work. So I have not done a lot of prep work at this point, plus I really need to build a blasting cabinet so that I can air abrade my fossils and not have to do it at the garage door with a mask and glasses on.

The best part is the time I get in nature by myself or with my family or friends. It is a great way to relieve stress. Biggest thing to remember is to take plenty to drink, rest from time to time, and make sure some one knows where you are in case things go wrong.

Raist

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join