It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collectibles: What do you Collect?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Bodrul,

My son likes stargate.

MajorMalfunction,

All movies or a certain kind?

gallopinghordes,

My sister has a lot of angels. I guess she collects them too.

Pshkwamy,

When I read yours, I got a laugh. You made me laugh thanks.

ChiKeyMonKey,

That is a lot of camera’s. 5 suitcases wow!!! I think the older they are the more their worth.

Chissler,

That’s a lot of dvd’s you got going on there. Guess you don’t have to worry about renting any. Do you get friends and neighbors asking to borrow your movies?

Cug,

That’s a lot of collections you got going on there. You have a lot of books.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Aw, man! I didn't even get an honorable mention.

Ok, my post was more or less a joke, but but but...

Okay, so I don't collect anything. (I like to travel light, and carry little excess baggage)

I feel left out.

Then again, I do have quite an extensive avatar collection. Does that count?

[edit on 5/17/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   
i collect comic books (simpsons & futurama) i know it sounds a bit nerdy but none of you know me

its a good thing to do though you can actually do things with books unlike shot glasses for example (no offence Dr Love) i have all of the futurama books.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Mechanic 32,

Yes, of course it counts. Don’t feel left out. I love your avatars. Their sweet. I liked your 5 stars as well. You made me laugh when I read it.

Roswell 1,

Nothing wrong with comic books. My husband has a few of those he picked up 20 years ago, and still has them. LOL. He said their for our son.

[edit on 17-5-2007 by Shar]

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
Mechanic 32,

Yes, of course it counts. Don’t feel left out. I love your avatars. Their sweet.

Aw, thanks. I feel warm and fuzzy all over, now.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by roswell1
its a good thing to do though you can actually do things with books unlike shot glasses for example (no offence Dr Love) i have all of the futurama books.

No offense taken. My collection of shot glasses looks better though. I have them all in a lighted, mirrored, three-level display cabinet.

Peace

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar

MajorMalfunction,

All movies or a certain kind?

Thanks for asking!

I have about 800 store-bought DVDs and over 100 "backup" DVDs.

Genres I like are:

Post-apocalypse/sci-fi

Zombie

Japanese horror

Asian chick flicks such as Raise the Red Lantern, Fire, Water, Earth (mostly Chinese or Indian, though some Korean and Japanese)

French dark comedy/film noir such as Tatie Danielle and Man Bites Dog

Bizarre sci-fi/horror like the Cube series, Pi, Existenz

Specific TV shows: House, Sopranos, Dead Like Me, Big Love, Rome, Buffy, Angel, etc.

I have some mainstream stuff mostly comedy or drama, such as Zoolander, Heaven and Earth

So I guess I'm sort of a highbrow lowbrow. LOL

Edit for typos

[edit on 17-5-2007 by MajorMalfunction]

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I collect beer cans. They're hard to find now that people are recycling so I go to the beer store and get full ones and empty them myself.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I collect thimbles, antique hymnals, fabric (tons of it), and cook books

Originally posted by pshkwamy
I collect soap/shampoo and everything else I can take from hotel rooms, I have like boxes full.

OMG!!! I steal the soaps and shampoos from the hotels too! Well, it's not stealing...they should have to leave you everything, everyday if you are staying there right?? Here's something good you can do with all those boxes full of soaps and shampoos...give it to a homeless shelter, or a crisis teen pregnacy center. They'll put it to good use, and you won't have boxes full of it laying around

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Right now I'm collecting posts - and this is number 200 - The monkey has chat access!!

Go Monkey. Go Monkey. It's ya birthday. Go Monkey!

It's also 1-30 in the morning so I'm going to see what chat looks like and the hit the sack.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
MajorMalfunction,

I know when I go to a video store sci-fi is the first movies I go for. I love them. Then comedy.

Intrepid,

Beer cans LOL. Years ago in the 70’s I had a friend who pulled those tabs off her dads cans and made curtains from those tabs. Wild. That was a lot of tabs. She even had them hanging from her door. You know how you can hook them together. They don’t make cans like that anymore. I’m wondering if you know what I’m talking about?

Jensouth,

Thimbles that’s cute. I have a lot of cookbooks I don’t use them. Their in storage right now. I get the strongest feeling you love to cute. I bet your good at it.

ChiKeyMonKey,

Congras, on your 200 post. Chat get busy sometimes. Other times no one is in there at all.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Isn't interesting what people collect. Shar I still have to smile about your Barbie collection. I used to buy my daughter Barbies but she never played with them so I quit. Now she hates Barbie and will buy dolls at the dollar store that resemble Barbie and use them for targets at the range. I'm not sure what that says but she's a darn good shot. We ended up donating her dolls to the homeless so kids could have some toys. Kids need toys she thought that was a great idea.

Intrepid I'm guessing you really enjoy adding to your collection. Tell you what I really hate beer so you can have my share of beer in the world.

I'm not Seagull I just forgot to log him off. It's really me Gallopinghordes obviously having an identity crisis.

[edit on 17-5-2007 by seagull]

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
1. I have pretty much every baseball, and football card from the 70's-late 80's. I have some that are older, and some that are newer. I was a bigger collector as a kid.

2. Comics. I have a lot of first additions. I have the first 35 spawn comics because he's my favorite. I also tried to get a few 1st additon here and there just for fun to see if they amounted to anything.

3. Dust. My mom comes over and steals my collection every once in a while though.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
No offense taken. My collection of shot glasses looks better though. I have them all in a lighted, mirrored, three-level display cabinet.

Peace

Can I come round and shoot some shooters with ya?:w:

I collect err... nothing,really. Not unless empty beer cans counts? (I honestly don't keep them, I just put a roof over their head's until I can be arsed to get rid of them!)

I'm amazed that no women have mentioned candles. My house is bloody full of candles. Oh no, you can't burn them, they're for decoration! :shk:

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by xeroxed88
I'm amazed that no women have mentioned candles. My house is bloody full of candles. Oh no, you can't burn them, they're for decoration! :shk:

I have candles up to kazoo!! Candles are not a collection, but rather a necessity for women I have votives, tea candles, pillars, melting cock cake candles (tarts), jar candles, taper candles, and decorative candles. I have yankee candles, AI Roots candles, soy, bees wax, emergency, smell good candles, no smell candles, and boxes and bags of votives and tea candles!!! A girl can't ever have too many candles. I have heated my house with candles "alone" during a power outage!!

There are candles in everyroom in my house, except my sons room. He hates the smell of all the girl foo-foo junk... I hope this has been informative

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Gallopinghordes,

LOL. No problem. Minnie went on my computer once and didn’t log me out. Then she started typing realized it was me when she posted. She then went back deleted it all no explanation, no nothing. Looks like I been there when I hadn’t. LOL. Then she goes to her computer and types under her name looking all good, while mine is nothing. LOL. She didn’t tell me anything about it. So I later log on to my ATS. Check out the places I been to see if anyone talked to me that I need to respond to. I see this post, and I’m thinking I don’t remember typing on that. So I go there and see a deleted post that I had nothing to do with. LOL…

Yeah, I love the Barbie’s. I would have a lot more but, where I’m traveling there’s no where I can put them. I’m wondering how they’re doing. Everyone, of them is locked up in boxes in a storage building 2500 miles away.

Royal76,

That is so cool. My husband has a few comics 1st-3rd additions. Not to many though. My brother in the 70’s use to get baseball cards with the gum that came in them. I don’t think he has those anymore though.

Xeroxed88,

Candles are beautiful and smell so pretty. Candles come in all different shapes, sizes, colors. You can’t go wrong with a candle.

Poor beer cans needs a roof over their heads. LOL what would they think if you left them out in the cold, wet, nasty weather.

Jen,

Nothing wrong with candles as every women knows. Only us women knows the good a candle can do.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Ooh! I almost forgot, I collect emoticons!

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   
You sure did almost forget. Thanks for the link. Now I too can share with your emoticons.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Well, I used to collect comic books. I still have a few thousand of them, but I stopped buying them when I realized I could read scans of new books online.

Now, I collect action figures. But they have to be specific action figures

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I still have thousands of comic books from when I used to collect them. I don't buy them anymore though since I started reading scans online.

Now, I collect action figures. But not those corny ones, like spiderman, and his web net blaster or anything. I collect action figures from horror movies and such. I have two versions of Jason Voorhees, 2 Freddy Kruegers, Leatherface, Pinhead and all of his Centabites, Candyman, The T-100 from Terminator, Michael Myers, Shawn from Shawn of the Dead, as well as about a half dozen zombies from various zombie movies, like Dawn of the dead, Land of the Dead, Resident evil, and such.

I also have Ash in Medieval garb from Army of Darkness, as well as the Kurgen and Conner Maclaod from Highlander. Those are just my highlights though, if I listed each one, I'd be here all day.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join