It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collectibles: What do you Collect?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Hello, just wondering what everyone collects.

I will start with mine.

I love Barbie’s . I guess I have about 60 mint condition in the box barbies.

I know it’s funny but I love them. I started when I found out I was pregnant with a girl.

At first I didn’t know they were valuable I just did it. When my girl turned about 5 years old I realized Barbie was valuable.

I had put them up in her room for decoration.

So what does everyone else collect?

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I really wish I could say I collect just one thing, but I can't. My 10 year old daughter is so jealous of your Barbies. I really like roses, and have various things with roses on them. I also love animal prints, leopard, tiger, zebra etc. I know it's quite a combination to see my decorating. I have my own piczo site where I have put all my favorite pictures of my favorite band Def Leppard+ videos. Then I have pages with a collection of fallen angel pictures such as the one on my profile.So many collections so little time!

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
Hello, just wondering what everyone collects.

I will start with mine.

I love Barbie’s . I guess I have about 60 mint condition in the box barbies.

I know it’s funny but I love them. I started when I found out I was pregnant with a girl.

At first I didn’t know they were valuable I just did it. When my girl turned about 5 years old I realized Barbie was valuable.

I had put them up in her room for decoration.

So what does everyone else collect?

Hold on to those barbies Shar!

If not for sentimental value or the fact of one day 'passing them down the line' to your children, barbies appreciate in price!

With any collection, and the 'supply/demand' in collectors circles, the more 'mint' the item is, the more it is worth!

Now... what do I collect?

* Porcellin Siamese cats* Antique ones are my favorite; I have a few that are dated around the 1920's. Also, I have a few rare ones from England that fetch a nice price.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I collect KISS stuff.

You know the hundreds of useless things they made? Well I bought them all. :shk:

Dolls (all the different sets. And they are not dolls they are KISS ACTION FIGURES!), puzzles, posters, lunchboxes, ducks
, clocks, chip and dip set
all that stuff.

Add that money to all the money spent on seeing them on tour...
don't even want to think about it.

But hey, a Kiss Army member has to buy all of it, right?

[edit on 16/5/2007 by enjoies05]

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I collect flashlights.
tiny keychain flashlights..Wind up flashlights, powerful spolights.
I have some on flexible necks. some you wear light glasses (headlights).

My wife collects Salt and Pepper shakers. hundreds and hundreds of them.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I collect CD's. I love music and want to get the largest collection together that I can. Just started about 3 years ago and I'm just over 300.

My wife collects Panda Bears, she has an amazing collection, it's so large that we don't have room to put it out, it's all stored away.

oh yeah, I do have another collection... just started it about a month ago... pictures... I get them online... kinda cool.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Shot glasses here. My favorite one is the one with the alien on it from Roswell, NM.

Peace

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Wow, I think you guys collect some cool stuff.

From animal prints, porcelain cats, kiss, flashlight, salt and pepper shakers, 300+ cds to shot glasses. How neat.

My son picked up a shot glass for me once when he went on a field trip in 5th grade with his school. He didn’t know what it was just thought it was cute. I was embarrassed wondering what the teachers thought. ( he went to a Christian school LOL) I didn’t say anything. I just thanked him. Put it on my dresser.

Well spacedoubt you won’t have to worry about being in the dark with all those flashlights around.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Stargate SG1
Metal gear solid
and thats it

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Okay.... was going to let it go, but ... no one asked me about my internet picture collection...

I've been a naughty naughty boy... :shk::shk::shk:

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
As per your thread on the visitors elevatedone- I believe you. Nasty little buggar aren't you? Just kidding.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I collect movies on DVD. I love film.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I collect spores, molds and fungus.

[Just kidding, but extra credit if you know the movie that came from].

I don't and never have collected anything. Just no patience for it. Or room either, for that matter.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I collect angels and anything that is made in occupied Japan. My daughter has a huge CD collection and we both collect unicorns as well.

Yeahright, I believe that is from Ghost busters.

Accessdenied; you'd love my yard at last count I have 45 rose bushes that are in full bloom now. I have all colors; I love them.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I collect soap/shampoo and everything else I can take from hotel rooms, I have like boxes full.

I also collect monster energy drink tabs and nos energy drink lids. I have more monster tabs then nos lids.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
I collect spores, molds and fungus.

[Just kidding, but extra credit if you know the movie that came from].

that would be the ever classic Ghostbusters. What do I win?

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I collect stars.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I kind of collect cameras.

When my Grandpa passed away he left me his camera collection, unfortunatly I live in Hong Kong in a little little tiny tiny flat, but at my mum's house in the UK I have about 5 suitcases full of cameras, some really old ones, lots of leather...

My dad is going to start sorting them for me soon.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I collect DVD's. I probably own 2-300 DVD's, 100+ Seasons on DVD, and 200+ VHS. I started my collection a few years ago before DVD's were the "go to" item, and then began to buy DVD's when they were taking over.

Sometime I'll put my collection together and take a few pictures of it. I'm quite interested to see how it would look.

Cug

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I collect books

Most of my occult related collection is listed here.
www.librarything.com...

and I have a couple more bookshelves I list sometime.

I also have several small collections of things I found interesting but I don't actively seek them out.

Pipes, guitars, old safety razors, butter churns, assorted native American related things, Studebaker memorabilia, a couple of old filled tackle boxes.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join