It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anthrax vaccine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Israel has developed its own anthrax vaccine after conducting secret experiments on hundreds of soldier volunteers, an official told public radio on Tuesday.

israel develops anthrax vaccine

Giora Martinovich, a former chief medical officer in the military, told the radio that experiments on human volunteers had shown minimal side effects and therefore are deemed safe for the general public.

Apparently the experiments were first carried out late last century to combat a possible anthrax attack from Iraq.

With hostility toward Israel growing in the middle east this sort of development will be welcome news to the millions of Israeli inhabitants that live in fear.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   
its funny how a news story can get spinned to suit whatever you want the public to know.

the anthrax vaccine story was reported on this site only they tell the story this way....

Israel's Channel 2 News reported that the soldiers have developed skin tumors, severe lung infections, serious migraine headaches, bronchitis and even epilepsy.

Some 800 Israeli soldiers from have participated in the program since 1999. They were sworn to secrecy, and forbidden to tell even their families about the program even after they began displaying serious medical symptoms.

The investigative reporter behind the expose charged that Israel's Defense Ministry has so far refused to take responsibility for the medical care of the soldiers in an effort to maintain the program's secrecy.

so it seems they are only now saying they have a vaccine (with added spin) due to an investigation by a news channel into HOW they got the vaccine.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   
wow, in the sydney morning herald it say that only

minor side-effects were recorded on four of the human guinea pigs.

Skin tumors, severe lung infections, serious migraine headaches, bronchitis and epilepsy are not what I would call minor side effects. Especially if they occurred in only four of the soldiers.

The SMH never was a great paper anyway.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I have had a few anthrax vaccine's in my time in the British army. Mainly before i was deployed to Iraq.

Now i must also add that the anthrax vaccine is not something special. It is generally given to farmer's all around the world who work with sheep. As these animal's naturally have anthrax on there wool.

To say that they have developed there own vaccine and tested it on there soldier's is nothing special i think. As i beleive you can buy the vaccine on the open market.

Maybe they created then tested an improved vaccine however then again i beleive this was also the case for the British army.

Regard's
Lee

[edit on 17-5-2007 by h3akalee]

top topics

join