It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual bright green light in Perth, Australia (pics)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Hi I live in Perth Australia and was outside at about 7pm, when i saw a bright green cylinder in the sky. I ran inside and grabbed my camera and took a few pics of it before it sped away at incredible speed.

I have pics of it, but am N00B lol how do i upload them?

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Just upload it to www.imageshack.us and then paste the link here if you cant figure out how to get the image on here

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Hope this works i have a few more.. just wanna see this works first

[edit on 16/5/2007 by iCEdTenG]

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Keep trying buddy. I'm dying to see these pics.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Where abouts in Perth where they? My parents live in Perth Australia and said they seen some strange lights last saturday. They are up Joondalup way.

Oh your Pics worked by the way.

Mikey

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Ok I see the pics now. Wow that is definitely strange. I have never seen or heard of green lights before.Very cool.Good job.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I'm probably about 15 minute direct line south from Joondalup... I have a few more pics but i'll post them tomorrow as i'm about to go out.

[edit on 16/5/2007 by iCEdTenG]

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   
The pics look like balloon. But as you said it sped up, it is something.

Here is another green one on 2001

www.ufodigest.com...

Does it look similar to the one you saw?

And green, quite a different colour from UFO seen from other parts of the world which mostly were metallic.

[edit on 16-5-2007 by kontol]

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Could it be the Aurora Australialis (Southern Lights)? Or maybe the attacker's from Cromion Persei 8?

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
It looks to be the same shade of green as one of those high powered green laser pointers. If there was some sort of backdrop or fog, one of those would be highly visible for a good distance.

I'm just throwing out possibilities here

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Here's the EXIF data from the second image. The shutter speed is 1/8 of second, so most of what we are seeing here is motion blur. The color is interesting, and it doesn't look like a meteor, but it could be space debris. We'll need more information to rule that out, as well as the original 3702 by 2304 images, not thhe 800 b y 600 shown in imageshack.

Flickr or Picasa will let you upload full-size images.

[Image]
Image Description =
Make = SONY
Model = DSC-W70
Orientation = top/left
X Resolution = 72
Y Resolution = 72
Resolution Unit = inch
Date Time = 2007-05-16 18:09:06
YCbCr Positioning = co-sited
Exif IFD Pointer = Offset: 256
PrintIM Data = 28 Byte

[Camera]
Exposure Time = 1/8"
F Number = F2.8
Exposure Program = Normal program
ISO Speed Ratings = 1000
Exif Version = Version 2.21
Date Time Original = 2007-05-16 18:09:06
Date Time Digitized = 2007-05-16 18:09:06
Components Configuration = YCbcr
Compressed Bits Per Pixel = 8
Exposure Bias Value = ±0EV
Max Aperture Value = F2.83
Metering Mode = Spot
Light Source = unknown
Flash = Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
Focal Length = 6.3mm
Maker Note = 2036 Byte
Flashpix Version = Version 1.0
Color Space = sRGB
Exif Image Width = 3072
Exif Image Height = 2304
Interoperability IFD Pointer = Offset: 2746
File Source = DSC
Scene Type = A directly photographed image
Custom Rendered = Normal process
Exposure Mode = Auto exposure
White Balance = Auto white balance
Scene Capture Type = Normal
Contrast = Normal
Saturation = Normal
Sharpness = Normal

[GPS]

[Interoperability]
Interoperability Index = ExifR98
Interoperability Version = Version 1.0

[Thumbnail Info]
Compression = JPEG Compressed (Thumbnail)
Make = SONY
Model = DSC-W70
Orientation = top/left
X Resolution = 72
Y Resolution = 72
Resolution Unit = inch
Date Time = 2007-05-16 18:09:06
JPEG Interchange Format = Offset: 2952
JPEG Interchange Format Length = Length: 5630

[Thumbnail]
Thumbnail = 160 x 120

[MakerNote (Sony)]

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
That's a good hypothesis, but you would have to have just the right optical conditions. I have a 3 mW green laser pointer, and it won't do anything like that in clear air. There are much more powerful pointers available, however.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I increased the output of my 5Mw green laser to about 15-20Mw or so. I'm not exactly sure how to measure the output though. The color is dead on to the green laser. There's always the possibility of a double exposure of a night sky image with a generic green laser on a wall image.

When I get out of work tonight I'll try to recreate a similar image.

Not saying it's not real, just easily hoaxed.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
It's obvious that the pic from that ufodigest story is just a aberration from the camera due to it being pointed directly into a bright light. Like the street light in the photo. Those 'flares' are common when aiming at bright light sources.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
It looks to be the same shade of green as one of those high powered green laser pointers. If there was some sort of backdrop or fog, one of those would be highly visible for a good distance.

I'm just throwing out possibilities here

It has been pretty cold in perth the last few days, but no fog...

I live in Perth, so Im hoping more pictures give me something to look for !!!

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
As pointed out by disownedsky, motion blur is the only thing we can really get from these pics.

iCEdTenG, you said you have others ? Can you upload them as well ?

I took the liberty of brightening the first image. If you look to the top right, you can see another bright object/light, the same shape as the green one. This gives us the directional movement of the camera, and seems to prove that there was a green light in the sky at the time the picture was taken. The only problem I have is with another bright light above and just to the left of the green one. It seems to smudge left to right, rather than with the motion of the camera. Then again, this could just be random noise in the image. Original pics will sort this out though.

Note also the tree in the bottom right corner. The tree and secondary light do not appear in the second image when brightened. In fact all I see in the second pic is the green light.

Very interesting.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
He may be talking about single object. The motion blur just happened as he took the picture.if there was something there, it would probably just be a green dot. Still green though, and not too many stars are green.

I think it may be a laser dot on something, but in the lightened picture, I don't see anything that the laser would be shining on.

Unless the image was taken from inside a car, or out a window, and the dot was being shone on the inside of the car or room. It might look something like that.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Tropical green flash a possibility?

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by evolve
As pointed out by disownedsky, motion blur is the only thing we can really get from these pics.

iCEdTenG, you said you have others ? Can you upload them as well ?

I took the liberty of brightening the first image. If you look to the top right, you can see another bright object/light, the same shape as the green one. This gives us the directional movement of the camera, and seems to prove that there was a green light in the sky at the time the picture was taken. The only problem I have is with another bright light above and just to the left of the green one. It seems to smudge left to right, rather than with the motion of the camera. Then again, this could just be random noise in the image. Original pics will sort this out though.

Note also the tree in the bottom right corner. The tree and secondary light do not appear in the second image when brightened. In fact all I see in the second pic is the green light.

Very interesting.

Yes that is because that picture was taken looking out over the tree.. the second picture was taken looking straight up in the sky when in was directly above me

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kontol
The pics look like balloon. But as you said it sped up, it is something.

Here is another green one on 2001

www.ufodigest.com...

Does it look similar to the one you saw?

And green, quite a different colour from UFO seen from other parts of the world which mostly were metallic.

[edit on 16-5-2007 by kontol]

I guess it was kinda like that in colour but not in shape, this thing was like a long cylinder

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join