It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism is the Worst Sin

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
How bout we work out the deal this way.

You concede like you already have that you have no clue what I was getting at, and well drop that point altogether. No point in discussing something that you don't see. And I'll agree with you that yes hypotheticaly an omnipotent being could care about everything that ever was or existed.

but ask your self do you really care about half the stuff you've created in your lifetime. every scribbling you did as a kid, what about all the stuff you've thrown out in the past that were products of your work. still care about everything possibley associated with you?

Oh and that last little point has nothing to do with what I was refering to earlier in my previous posts. but I'll talk about what you want to talk about for the sake of conversational continuity.

You still ruined your argument with one of your comments. A good debater would have ravaged you in a competition with one of the things you said. Hope you aren't planning on being a lawer or something.

Not looking for points. Points here at ATS are sorta irrelivent unless you want the worlds biggest coolest avatar or something.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
How bout we work out the deal this way.
You concede like you already have..

Weh? What do you want me to do?

I tried getting away from the whole "competition" bit in the last post, but perhaps I was a little sharp, and now you seem to be wanting to draw me in further. I really don't want this to turn into some silly Me vs. You thing, which is completely seperate from the purpose of this forum. BASSPLYR, I have nothing against you, I know almost nothing about you, I have an almost zero amount of desire to "compete" with you in this forum. I have absolutely no wish to be a lawer[sic] and I couldn't care less what a good debater would have done, because I'm certainly not in any competition.

You mentioned something about an omnipotent being, and I felt that your perception of it was excluding the actual concept of an omnipotent being. You still don't seem to be getting my point, because you said this:

but ask your self do you really care about half the stuff you've created in your lifetime. every scribbling you did as a kid, what about all the stuff you've thrown out in the past that were products of your work. still care about everything possibley associated with you?

You seem to fail to understand the basic concept of what I am saying, because, incase you didn't know, it's not possible for me to care about all that, because I'm not omnipotent. If I was, then I most certainly would care, relate, and be able to exert control over, EVERY SINGLE THING IN EXISTENCE, and out of it, nevermind the things that I actually created myself.

You still ruined your argument with one of your comments. A good debater would have ravaged you in a competition with one of the things you said. Hope you aren't planning on being a lawer or something.

Which one of MY OWN arguments did I ruin with MY OWN points? I really don't care about the strength of your arguments which don't relate to the point I brought up. What I specifically am discussing with you (or anyone else) in this topic, is what I specifically am discussing with you (or anyone else) in this topic. I may or may not disagree with some other stuff that you brought up, but in this topic, I have not made any reference to them.

Sorry for this almost completely off-topic back-forthing.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
for the threads sake we will go back to the origional topic of the thread and move on. I'm not trying to engage you in any debate. I was just trying to point out that you made an error in your argument thats all. I was giving you hints at where you made the error. I admitted that you couldn't find the error. There is no point to go back and forth. you are right.

Now I feel that one can't murder anything by just not believing in it. thats the same argument put forward on southpark for why mr. hanky the christmas poo got sick....cause nobody believed in him. But it would be illogical to think that simply having a lack of faith in something will murder it. It might terminate it's existance (ie may never have existed anyways) but murder it? thats non sequetar.

the only way it could hurt the entity is if it was incredible emotionaly insecure. not likely for a omnipotent being. or it's operates like some psychic vampire that requires our emotions and faith to stay alive. that might be more close to the truth but for other reasons all together and no I'm not talking about the soul tower.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
also, no hard feelings. I got nothing against you. you actaully seem like a decent
thoughtful guy in a friendly sort of way. I mean you are the one making the moves to disarm any potentail conflict. a good quality in a person.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Now I feel that one can't murder anything by just not believing in it. thats the same argument put forward on southpark for why mr. hanky the christmas poo got sick....cause nobody believed in him. But it would be illogical to think that simply having a lack of faith in something will murder it. It might terminate it's existance (ie may never have existed anyways) but murder it? thats non sequetar.

the only way it could hurt the entity is if it was incredible emotionaly insecure. not likely for a omnipotent being. or it's operates like some psychic vampire that requires our emotions and faith to stay alive. that might be more close to the truth but for other reasons all together and no I'm not talking about the soul tower.

Thank you for clarifying, and being all so polite about it. Admittedly, you were more polite than I could have been
. I agree with you that disbelieving in an omnipotent entity should not really harm it in any way, and you'll see that I didn't say that it could. I suppose the OP meant it in some sort of metaphorical way, and perhaps he explained it (I'm to lazy to go through the 8 pages to check, though).

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
yeah me too. Can't read more than 3-4 pages at a time before I need to jump to a different thread. No way i'm going back 8 pages either.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowedRedemption
Indeed, there are too many examples of christanity's plagerism to count (even santa claus is one). Maybe a new thread for discussion of those? I think it would be a good idea.

Perhaps it is simply a case of 'covering all the bases' just to make sure NO ONE misses the message:

love eachother
have fun doing it

Maybe there IS a God and God is a
who just likes to and wishes we would wake up and join in....

(the trinity)

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheB1ueSoldier
Another generalized theory about Christians...
If you are correct in thinking that people created God so that they themselves would be worshiped... then why does the first commandment exist?

It DOESN'T!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank YOU!!!
eYe know what this means, now...

Now, eYe am not saying that there is NO God...eYe know, FOR A FACT, that there is..and have seen God, face2face.

But the sign above has been puzzling me since October 3 and now it makes sense. To me, anyway...and before long others, too...at least that is the way it is supposed to happen and while the actual manner in which the promises have been kept is NEVER something understood until post-facto...

a promise made by GOD IS a promise kept by GOD

eYe GUARANTEE it

truly

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I would like to thank all of you, primarily the atheists and Christians, for a highly entertaining read. Tomorrow, I'm going to check out more of GreatTech's threads. Except for the last page, I laughed at something on each page of this thread. I knew this would be good when I saw the title, and I was quite right. Thank y'all kindly.

And Queen, I know for a FACT that Christianity is nothing more than another version of sun worship. If I were to pick a sun worshipping religion, Akehnaten's religion would be my fav hands down. Then again, some say you know him as Moses...

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
seeka, christianity isn't sun worship... it's MOUNTAIN worship. it's derived from the mountain worshipping religion of the ancient hebrews

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
seeka, christianity isn't sun worship... it's MOUNTAIN worship. it's derived from the mountain worshipping religion of the ancient hebrews

I disagree.

Jesus is the light of the world - Sun.

All eyes have seen the Lord - Sun.

No one can see the Lord's true form - Sun.

Jesus walked on water - Sunlight.

The cross was borrowed from the Kemetian ankh, likely through Akehnaten - Sun worshipper.

I have no idea where mountain comes from; that's from out of left field, and the first I've ever heard of ANY culture doing.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
I have no idea where mountain comes from; that's from out of left field, and the first I've ever heard of ANY culture doing.

yahweh, ancient mesopotamian mountain god turned monotheistic despot. look back in a bible and you'll see that pretty much everything important takes place.... ON A MOUNTAIN. what's odd is that mountain and sun worship tend to go hand in hand.... example would be the egyptians, even before their brief monotheistic stint they worshipped the sun. they also worshipped the mountain as a method towards reaching the sun.

anyway, it's really interesting to learn that the original henotheistic god known as yahweh was a mountain god.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

The cross was borrowed from the Kemetian ankh, likely through Akehnaten - Sun worshipper.

Although Akehnaten shook ancient Egypt with a monotheistic religion. The ankh did not derive from this singular sun worship. The ankh was an Egyptian symbol for life.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowedRedemption
Although Akehnaten shook ancient Egypt with a monotheistic religion. The ankh did not derive from this singular sun worship. The ankh was an Egyptian symbol for life.

I'm well aware of the ankh as the Kemetian symbol for life, and that they used it before Akehnaten's time. What I meant was that Christianity likely got the ankh from him.

Madness, what you said makes some sense. The 10 commandments story immediately comes to mind. You've piqued my interest in this, so I've got some digging to do. Digging for a Hebrew mountain god...should be interesting.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Madness, what you said makes some sense. The 10 commandments story immediately comes to mind. You've piqued my interest in this, so I've got some digging to do. Digging for a Hebrew mountain god...should be interesting.

it even continues into the new testament. where does jesus go for the transfiguration? a MOUNTAIN. it's his daddy's deal.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Originally posted by TheB1ueSoldier
Another generalized theory about Christians...
If you are correct in thinking that people created God so that they themselves would be worshiped... then why does the first commandment exist?

It DOESN'T!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank YOU!!!
eYe know what this means, now...

I don't understand... then what do the Lunar Inscriptions say the first commandment is?

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
A human murdering another human is a horrific act and by far the worst human-to-human act.

What is worse? Religious radicalism. You have murdered free thinking.

Fixed.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
You have voted Paresthesia for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

you deserve it. that's true, religious radicalism has murdered any truth that can be found within the holy books that they hold up as infallible.

the christian radicals destroy the parts about love
the muslim radicals destroy the parts about peace

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join