It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some notable science podcasts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I always enjoy hearing other views of the world -- something beyond the American view. I was collecting some podcasts to listen to as we drive to Florida next week, and found a particularly interesting set that some of you may enjoy. I'd never heard of them before:
www.cbc.ca...

It's the Quirks and Quarks podcast, and they cover a variety of topics each week. The nice thing about a podcast of this length (as opposed to Block and Bird, which I also enjoy) is that they can go into each story in a bit more detail.

MIT also has a nice small set of nanotechnology podcasts done by an engineering class (and some professors). It gets a bit math heavy at times, but it's interesting listening... or, at least, I think so!
web.mit.edu...

And Harvard's computer science podcast was named #1 by Wired magazine:
www.extension.harvard.edu...;jsessionid=ENEOGAGOJLNA#e-280

Hopefully we'll see more of this in the future, as more universities make their lectures available. I found Berkley's podcasts to be invaluable... used some of the information from the biotechnology lectures this spring in my docent talks at Body Worlds.

Not all podcasts are this easily accessible. Some are set up so you can only get them via RSS feed, some are only available through ITunes (which may mean problems in getting them to your non-Ipod player.)

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Thats great!

Thanks Byrd.
I love my music, but

There is a special kind of concentration you can slip into on those very long road trips. I'll be loading up the Ipod..

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Great thread Byrd, if we still had WATS votes, and Moderators could be given them, you definitely would be getting one.

I'm definitely going to download some of these later on (it's 23:34), give me something
to listen to besides music while I do stuff.

Thanks for taking the time to bring these to our attention.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I find them particularly helpful... there's somthing new to learn in each of them.

For a real brain bender, here's the DNA and molecular biology podcast:
www.learnoutloud.com...

And here's a biology podcast (with Real Aussie Accents!) It's a fun piece, and covers interesting topics like disease and immunity. The host is really VERY charming and the playful style of his presentation makes for a lot of easy listening on some tough to understand subjects :
biologyoracle.podomatic.com...

new topics

top topics

join