It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invention that would change the world.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
If you could invent something that no one else has to change the world, what would it be? Think about all the other inventions that changed the world. Telephone, computer, Plastic, electricity, air conditioning, weapons, automobile, penicillin etc......
Here's some inventions already in the works that may someday be an innovation.
Inventions that could change the world

So let's see
I would want to invent a child molester detector that would detect anyone that even thinks of molesting or hurting a child. Don't know how I'd do it but it would be 100 percent accurate and the person who's caught is zapped with a laser beam and desintigrated on the spot.

Sorry love children and can't stand for them to be hurt by people like that.

MOD EDIT:Changed to hyperlink, realign page

[edit on 16-5-2007 by spacedoubt]

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Come on BTS
I know you all got imaginations. Haven't you ever dreamed of changing the world to a better place. Or maybe changing the world to a bad place and being in power. Making your living quarters more comfortable etc... Anything goes as long as your invention changes the world.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I'd invent the giantsnub.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
You really did mean that in a kind and gentle way didn't you ? Cause I could invent the eternal nag.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
A see through toaster! Never burn my toast again!

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I think that's already taken, but I definetly want one of them.
See Through Toaster

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I would invent the Nanotech Matter Compiler. And I would also create the programs for use in compiling anything from food to clothing to basic medical kits.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terran Blue
I would invent the Nanotech Matter Compiler. And I would also create the programs for use in compiling anything from food to clothing to basic medical kits.

That's a cool idea, is that like what they have on the USS Interprise? No more food shortages and if you need something special to wear for a night out just program it a let the Nanatech Matter Compiler do it's thing.

Maybe we can progam food so that there would be no waste, no more #1 or #2. No more TP and wasting time having to go. Waste water and sewage plants would be a thing of the past.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
I think that's already taken, but I definetly want one of them.
See Through Toaster

I can't beleive it!
Thanks for the link-Ill have to wait for christmas morning.
Cheers karl

[edit on 01/24/07 by karl 12]

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a hovercraft (one that actually floats in midair not the compressed air type)
a lazer and a completely environment friendly power source.

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
LOL ! Hope you get your see through toaster for Christmas.

A hovercraft would be nice. The kind that float like the hoverboards in Back To The Future movie. And we need that enviromentally safe power source that's for sure. I think we all pay way to much for power now. At least my bills show it. That would change the world for the better. Maybe we can save or spend our money on better things than utility bills. Good one. I think the lazers are coming out and some are already here.

I would like to invent a type of blood that all humans could use that produces it's own energy. No more having to eat solid foods or being hungry. You know, kind of like a green blood that produces and carries oxygen and energy. Like a plant but much better. No more deaths because of starvation or food poisoning. No more obesity. Just blood that creates it's own energy and feeds the body all the nutrients it needs to function.

[edit on 5/23/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I would invent a Washer/Dryer combination that is so Super Intelligent, it will not only remove stains, hang damp clothes that shouldn't be dried, Press the wrinkle minded clothing, fold, hang and put away the clothes! You know how they have those universal vacuum cleaners? Well my wsher/dryer system would have built in wall shoots to forward clothing to the proper bedrooms where a shoot goes into the back of the dresser drawers and files thing in all neat and tidy. I don't want to overlook one of those dry cleaning electrical racks that runs on chains to haul the hanging clothes around. Yep, my future home is going to have one of those too

It will change the world
Women worldwide will have more time to love and nurture their familles. I have the imagination to think it up, now I just need a man to help me build it It would be less elaborate to simply build a robot that does all these necessary chores? However, it certainly isn't as captivating as a George Jetson kind of scenario...where everything works for the better of the humans

Edit...missing word

[edit on 5/23/2007 by jensouth31]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
LOL. That would change the world and attitudes of all woman. lol
I have six kids and 20,000 pieces of clothing to wash and dry. My wife would love me if she had that in the house.
Nice idea! Now all we need is the Superduper intelligent cook and dishwasher combo that cooks your meals and cleans the dishes afterwards. I love the Jetsons.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
This is an invention most of which is close to existing, but putting them together would change the world. Our ocular nerves that go from our eyes to our brains carry signals from hundreds of thousands of retinal nerves. So, genetically program a fetus so it grows two sets of ocular nerves - one set to the eyes and the other set into the sinus cavities.

Second, design a computer that is extremely powerful, but small enough to fit in the sinus cavities, and surgically implant it.

Third, use the technology that's recently been developed that allows connection between nerves and electrical devices to hook up the computer to the extra set of ocular nerves.

Fourth, include a wi-fi modem in the computer.

Now the person has access to a huge amount of information, can speak any language programmed into the computer, can access the Internet just by thinking, and can connect with another person with the same equipment through their modems so that they would have functional telepathy.

As more an more people got modified this way, they would develop a network all interconnected. It would be very difficult to maintain any mental illness because eveyone else would help you overcome it. There would be no privacy and no need for it. And you wouldn't have to worry about child molesters, because the very first signs of it in a kid or teen would be treated by all the therapists automatically.

No one would cheat on their spouses because it would be public knowledge. However, if someone desired an outside sexual connection, his/her spouse would be able to see the reasons for it and accept it without being jealous or upset.

Lots more changes could be envisioned, but I'll stop here.

Occam

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I'd invent a machine that could clone me! Then there'd be millions of Russian solders running around

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian soldier
I'd invent a machine that could clone me! Then there'd be millions of Russian solders running around

I'm just glad we're not in the middle of the Cold War anymore.

But we know that you are relatively harmless.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32

Originally posted by Russian soldier

I'm just glad we're not in the middle of the Cold War anymore.

lol

But we know that you are relatively harmless.

Or am I?
hehe

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
How about a supplement that negates the need for sleep? That would be the equivalent of adding 33% onto your life. Imagine an additional 8 hours a day to be able to do recreational activities or reading or whatever.

Sleep's a tragic waste of time, but oh how I love it so.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
i'd invent self-replicating money

does that work.

i'd use all this money to invent something really cool i promise i just got to get the funds.

maybe an engine that ran on greenhouse gas and produced gasoline as waste _javascript:icon('
')
_javascript:icon('
')

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
An instant teleportation device. No need for gasoline, no traffic jams, long commutes, pot holes, speeding tickets, comprehensive collision insurance, no mechanical breakdowns that strand you in the middle of some rape zone. Just step into LoLa (longitude-latitude), enter in your coordinates and BE THERE!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join