It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here comes the Amero!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Not sure what to provide here....there's no link because this was a radio story, but on Toronto AM640 in today's afternoon drive time host Mike Stafford and BNN (Business News Network) analyst Lou Schizas spent a couple of minutes discussing "the P word"..."par", as in the CDN$ would be on par with the USD$ by the fall of this year.

This would make it easy to combine the currencies into a new one....minimal disruption on the conversion. Now, about the Peso. Any thoughts?

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I have to say, I honestly doubt that the USD and CND becoming equal in worth means
that the Amero is on the way.

In all honesty they don't have to be equal to be combined either, as long as they are
near each other enough.

Hell you don't even need them to do that, you could just replace the entire monetary system
altogether given the right circumstances.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Doing it is one thing, but selling it is another. It would be much easier to bamboozle us Canucks if we had no immediate change in standard of living or prices or buying power.

I also think the latest shenanigans in the leadership of the federal and provincial Quebec separatist parties are odd. The Quebec separatist sentiment is IMHO the big monkey wrench in the NAU plan, so it has to be kept under control. It's really weird that the federal BQ leader would announce his candidacy for leadership of the provincial PQ, then do a 180 in less than 24 hours....

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
This is chappin my a$$ cause a new Polaris Razor is $9999.00 U.S., but $14,999.00 Can, even though the Canuk buck is worth 91 cents U.S.
Always getting screwed.

Just take any paper fiat military script (dollars) and start buying up silver & gold. Just try to live without paper as much as possible. Don't get sucked into the DOW rally. Bonds & stocks are a scam too. Kiss your mutual funds goodbye, your RRSP's & IRA's that you put in mutual funds have been used in secret hedge funds and the scam can't keep going for ever.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Not only ATVs, but I'd bloody well like to see Canadian gas prices move down every time the CDN$ moves up. If world oil markets operating in USD$ can instantly affect price at the pump, then there's no reason that world currency markets shouldn't have the same impact.

(spell edit)

[edit on 16-5-2007 by LookingIn]

new topics

top topics

join